Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is it possible to reverse CFD at 17  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

Is it possible to push my maxilla 1cm further forward at my age in 5 years time with hard mewing, chin tuck, chewing, meal time exercise, and proper swallowing?

Posted : 25/06/2019 6:33 pm
bundfalke
Trusted Member

Its hard to say. In my opinion at that age your maxilla is still subject to change. But then i have seen 2 patients from mike mew (15 and 17yo) who only had very slight progress in a year.

1cm is probably unrealistic. But who knows.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 4:02 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

Does Mike Mews patients mew to their full potential? As I have heard Mike saying 1/2 of his patients are a waste of time as they don’t put enough effort in

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 4:04 pm
bundfalke
Trusted Member
Posted by: harrykanemaxilla

Does Mike Mews patients mew to their full potential? As I have heard Mike saying 1/2 of his patients are a waste of time as they don’t put enough effort in

I dont know man. Im talking about this guy and the girl after him. https://youtu.be/-pzL3ETuiKc?t=1306

Before that he showed progress pictures of a another kid and pointed out several times that he was a bad patient. But he didnt say the same thing about these 2 kids. 

I also think both of these used mikes protraction device, alongside mewing.

Dont overthink it. You should mew regardless if there is hope or not. And as i said, i think at 17 you have a good chance at making some changes over the next years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 4:32 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

The mandible came forward well but it seems pretty bleak getting the 1cm growth. What about Jamo who started mewing at 18 and got good results

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 4:35 pm
bundfalke
Trusted Member
Posted by: harrykanemaxilla

The mandible came forward well but it seems pretty bleak getting the 1cm growth. What about Jamo who started mewing at 18 and got good results

"Dont overthink it. You should mew regardless if there is hope or not. And as i said, i think at 17 you have a good chance at making some changes over the next years."

You should really take that advice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 4:45 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

Cheers. If u wanna stay updated. I made a forum called harrykanemaxilla’s routine. I will be talking about my mewing experiences on there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 4:47 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member

I started at 17 and have not seen any results in about 16 months. I have been keeping a track of my IMW and mew indicator line but no changes so far 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 11:57 pm
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

@slinky Do you also actively work on your body posture in addition to chewing hard gum?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2019 1:50 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Trusted Member

Yes, based on the drastic differences this doctor made at age 70: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5S5AZ50pAE&feature=youtu.be

Will it happen to you? I guess that depends on which methods you use and how hard you work.  Is it possible with mewing alone? Maybe, but maybe you need to add an appliance in.  I would consult with a doctor.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2019 2:29 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

Nice! Don’t get my hoped too high but I do wanna bring my maxilla high and eliminate CFD. I am willing to do whatever it takes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2019 2:37 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member
Posted by: Pame

@slinky Do you also actively work on your body posture in addition to chewing hard gum?

i already have a tough diet so i don't chew gum. For my posture i have been doing lots of exercises that i found over the internet. When i do the wall test my head is about ~1-2 cm away from the wall, i don't think that could hinder my progress?Also i don't have pelvic tilt or any other postural problem

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2019 11:39 am
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

@Slinky 

do you hard mew or soft mew?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2019 1:52 pm
James
Eminent Member
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

Yes, based on the drastic differences this doctor made at age 70: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5S5AZ50pAE&feature=youtu.be

Will it happen to you? I guess that depends on which methods you use and how hard you work.  Is it possible with mewing alone? Maybe, but maybe you need to add an appliance in.  I would consult with a doctor.

This video keeps being cited as evidence for Mewing for some reason, which is very strange because this is a case using the Homeoblock appliance, not Mewing alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2019 2:37 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member

I soft mew all the time. I'm thinking about getting a palate expander even though my IMW is decent. Getting to high 40's would be sweet 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2019 9:22 am
bundfalke
Trusted Member
Posted by: James
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

This video keeps being cited as evidence for Mewing for some reason, which is very strange because this is a case using the Homeoblock appliance, not Mewing alone.

Not only that, but all homeoblock does is palatal expansion. Everyone knows that its possible to expand the palate in adults.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2019 8:00 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register