fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is it possible to push forward a flat zygoma/cheek area more than the jaw/maxilla using certain techniques?

Wildernessy
(@wildernessy)
10+ Forum Posts

Hi guys!

A simple question that I haven't found much on in the search bar. My mewing is going alright, if the airway improvements are any indication. I'm also trying to rotate my maxilla...which seems trickier imo. We'll see how that goes. 

Anyways...

My jaw is already in line with my brow and they both seem very forward already--my cheekbones appear flat relatively, making my otherwise normal (if asymmetrical) jaw and brow look oversized...there's that and my incredibly poor orbital support+sunken eyes that the other people in my family don't have.  

I've been debating whether or not I should get fillers or implants for these weak areas, but I want to cover all my bases first and ask for some feedback.

Have anyone else specifically tried targeting these areas--and what's the general prognosis on this? 

Open mouth chewing seems like an interesting one...supposedly works out the zygoma and undereye area awesomely when you do it right, but also seems to make the jaw more forward. I'd assume I'd have to avoid something like this in theory. But again, getting some feedback on what I should and shouldn't do would be nice. I already used the search function and didn't find much. 

Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2018 3:11 am

THE GREAT WORK