fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is it possible to expand my IMW to my genetic potential?

harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

My current IMW is 33mm. My tongue is 53mm wide. I am 17 years old. Is it possible to expand my IMW to 53mm using devices and mewing in 5 years time?

Topic starter Posted : 21/07/2019 1:02 pm
devicem

Probably, but it depends. Palatal expansion can be achieved first by getting some help as you are fairly young, but you should clearly articulate this that you only want as much expansion as would normally be required to fit your tongue in between -- around the 40mm range as I understand is the lower end where mewing can be reasonably possible. 

From then on, you only want to be doing all the work yourself, with mewing, even if you struggle a bit at first. The main thing you should be focusing though is not a certain IMW, per se, but a good healthy maxilla growth.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 2:27 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

How will pallate expansion improve my health and aesthetics?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/07/2019 3:12 pm