Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is CCW rotation possible with a facepuller(mask)?  

RSS
sparkyyy

I think it's clear MSE is legit and works but does the facepuller work as well? I have seen some pics proving it does but they were all young children. I have also seen many people doubting its legitimacy in adults. I have a bad undereye area due to a recessed maxilla (pretty sure braces did mess me up a little bit). Would a facepuller used together with MSE yield any results? Does anyone have any evidence or personal experience?

Posted : 24/01/2020 10:43 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member

Won Moon has published about it in this article. No very predictable, in my humble opinion. Most of its effects are in the dentoalveolar part of the maxilla.

Anyway, how old are you? maybe ir you are in you late teens or very early 20's and you only need to correct a very small underbite it can worth trying, although it doesn't look very comfortable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2020 6:04 am
sparkyyy

@sergio-oms

I'm in my mid 20s already, also I am had an overjet, had the typical orthodontics and now my entire face is recessed including maxilla. Since I have trouble breathing I will have to do MSE regardless, I am just weighing my options, not a fan of double jaw surgery but maybe I'll have to do it. I was thinking the face mask could bring my midface forward. I even had elastics if I remember correctly so maybe my face is already destroyed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2020 12:11 am
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @sparkyyy

@sergio-oms

I'm in my mid 20s already, also I am had an overjet, had the typical orthodontics and now my entire face is recessed including maxilla. Since I have trouble breathing I will have to do MSE regardless, I am just weighing my options, not a fan of double jaw surgery but maybe I'll have to do it. I was thinking the face mask could bring my midface forward. I even had elastics if I remember correctly so maybe my face is already destroyed.

No, forget about the face mask.

I would speak about your concerns with an orthodontist that is also versed in orthodontics for orthognathic surgery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2020 3:33 am
mscottxy