Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

In need of guidance  

RSS
sebastian
(@sebastian)
Eminent Member

In this post i'll state my problems and concerns.

Posture:

I recently just discovered my posture wasn't in the best condition, so i decided to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQqgf8kB6R8&t=0s&index=26&list=PLWrirXEOSTIGVwyt-bppa4lPS168Jw3_L. These past days my posture has gotten a lot better, but i noticed something odd about my neck. I'm following the instructions in the video perfectly, yet when i have good posture, my neck looks like it's moved a bit forwards. It doesn't change no matter how much i tuck my chin in. It could be kyphosis yet i'm not sure. I've tried to implement a more upwards chin tuck, and it seems to untighten my neck and upper back muscles, so i'll keep doing that.

Jaw:

Lately, my mandible has receeded by a great deal, plus my jaw has gotten really tight, where it's difficult to open my mouth. It also clicks sometimes, so i'm thinking i have tmj. When i open and close my mouth it also does a little zik zak.

Tongue posture:

At the moment i just do the cheesy swallow exercise, and wherever my tongue lands i keep it at that posistion. What's bothering me is that i can't seem to get a suction hold, it feels like all the saliva is trapped behind my lips. I can also feel my lower incisors, maybe just because they're crooked, i'm not sure though. My upper dental arch is also asymmetrical compared to my face, so when i swallow my tongue ends up more to the right, than on the incisive papilla. I tried to force it on the incisive papilla for a couple of days, but only negative results occured, so i'm probably not gonna do that again.

Swallowing:

I'm pretty sure i'm swallowing correctly. I swallow by pushing on my upper palate without any movements in my face. The only thing that's bothering me is when i do this, my lower jaw get's pushed a little bit forwards. 

Teeth:

I keep my teeth either slightly apart, or just gently touching. I also move my jaw a little to the right, since i have a slight crossbite.

That should be all, help and tips are greatly appreciated 🙂

This topic was modified 2 days ago by sebastian
ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 7:55 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register