fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Important information on tongue posture, body posture, and effort required

TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
Admin

I was waiting to write an article on this, but it is truly too important an idea to wait until the articles are complete. I would like to start off by clarifying that the purpose of expansion devices is for anyone who simply does not have enough space on the top of their crowded/narrow/high palate to fit the rear of their tongue between their back wisdom teeth/molars without pain and difficulty. I am not discouraging using an expander to get all the expansion that you need, just imploring users not to neglect training their tongue posture while waiting around for an expander.

1. The main reason adults fail to see changes is because of how much difficulty adults have in changing their central nervous system to applying the proper tongue/jaw/body posture. Children change rapidly because their posture isn't as solidified in their subconscious and they can alter it much more rapidly and with much less effort than an adult. Adult cranial sutures do not fuse. Although growth may be less than of a child, we know a suture site can produce up to 1mm of growth per week. To alter the whole skull will take time, but the main roadblock for adults is not fixed growth but fixed posture.

2. Everyone must be encouraged to keep trying to have proper tongue posture. I know, personally, that it can be extremely difficult and discouraging to not be able to figure out if you are doing it properly. There is no universally proper tongue posture for an improperly developed jaw. Depending on where you are lacking development, you will need to consciously apply pressure where necessary. You may need to separate your back molars more to give the back of your tongue more space. You may need to push forward and up to rotate the maxillary process. You may push hard up and discover that once side feels more pressure, telling you that you have asymmetry that will take time and effort and pushing to correct. When your jaw is completely perfectly set, which most modern humans do not have, then you will have a proper posture that you can hold for the rest of your life. Until then, your proper posture is to put pressure wherever needs it.

3. This will take time to learn. It took over a year of conscious and subconscious attention to learn what was going in my own mouth. It wasn't a sudden realization, it was a gradual process and I am constantly getting better at it. However, I am now at the point where I KNOW that my tongue is in the correct place and I can feel the pressure being exerted across my entire skull. I can hear the movement at the sutures with a hard push. I found out about tongue posture/scaffolding from Mike Mew almost 2 years ago, I gave up and tried again many times, and now I am finally 100% trained. If you put in more consistent time and effort, you can do it even more quickly

4. You ARE experiencing changes with the pressure that you apply, do not be discouraged when you do not see results in the mirror every day. I really want to show you the absolutely incredible changes that I have found in one user online. Seriously, this person went from poor development to looking like a starting quarterback - their proper tongue posture completely reshaped their sickly adult skull into a wide jawed forward maxilla good looking man. Out of respect I am waiting for them to give me permission to use their pictures. There are two BreakTheMatrix users that we know of that have shown incredible facial alterations in less than a year. There are Mew patients who have also shown such results, and myofunctional therapists websites have also shown this. In the eventual article I will be posting all of these pictures, likely including my own. In these two years I have not noticed a change in the mirror, but I see a massive change from previous photographs. I am now being cold approached by multiple women when I go out, something has definitely changed to make me look healthier. 

5. Complete strangers with no reason to lie or correlate their statements, many of whom have never heard anyone else's experiences, are reporting the same effects from tongue posture. This discounts the possibility of placebo or only specific case changes. Most common experiences include: Improved nasal breathing, no more blocked nostrils, soreness of teeth, face redness in areas of remodeling, improved energy and health, improved symmetry, increased height and muscle mass, increased emotional/mental health, improvement of damaged vision, feeling of movement at sutures (among those who do not know where the sutures are), and of course more tongue space. Also A E S T H E T I C improvements 🙂

6. Your body posture must be corrected. The body is one entity and functions as such. Your skull will not be corrected and your tongue will not be in the proper position if the rest of your spine is out of alignment. This is the next area in which we need to improve our understanding. Meningeal tissue goes from inside your skull, down your spine,and to your pelvis. Issues anywhere in this system will cause issues with your skull. Yes, I just multiplied your workload 10x from fixing your skull to fixing your entire spinal system. It is completely necessary, you can only improve one area so much before you will hit a roadblock caused by issues elsewhere in your spinal system. When at rest, your ears should be right over your shoulders, your pelvis should have no tilt front/back/left/right, and your toes should have healthy spaces between them. Everything must be corrected, and none of it can be forced. This will take time

7. You are correcting your body to where it was supposed to be in the first place. You are not becoming more functional, symmetrical, or good looking that you are supposed to be. You, and almost all modern humans, are less properly developed than you are supposed to be. This being the case, you can be fully confident that your body will cooperate the entire time and is actively attempting to repair your lack of development even without your conscious attention. You and your physical body are working together to make changes.

I originally intended to have tips for posture correction here, but this has already run on very long. I intend to elaborate on everything in articles, but I unfortunately cannot give a timeline of when they will be ready. Regardless they will have to be updated and edited. 

Topic starter Posted : 29/08/2017 9:59 pm
vplatt, TheBeastPanda, Autokrator and 8 people liked
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

I can relate with the unexpected complexity of mewing. Most weeks I go "Ah, so this is it. This what a proper posture feels like." Then days later I make even more progress and think "NOW I'm standing straight", and so on.

Improper tongue posture is nearly always a tell-tale symptom of larger functional collapse of the body-wide musculature. When the spine is allowed to stand straight and free all the way from hips to head, proper tongue posture becomes automatic. No, inevitable. While in proper body posture, NOT mewing becomes an EFFORT. 

Posterior tongue serving a more important anatomic role than anterior tongue is one of Mew's top talking points. It's a true statement, but I'm not sure he sees why. It's not because the posterior tongue is stronger and therefore more capable of pushing the palate, but because the palate is not the main "end point" of the upwards physical effort that balanced body torque generates.

What is, then?

The sphenoid. The muscles supporting the upper end of the neck below the skull do also simultaneously pull the tongue towards the sphenoid and the mandible towards the maxilla. In terms of structural development, THAT is the tongue's main role. The palate/bite serves as a stabilizing anchor point for the omnidirectionally expanding pressure the tongue/neck complex generates against the sphenoid. In a way, the mechanism that the term "tongue posture" tries to describe is misleading. A better description would be "throat posture". Deep in the upper throat is where the magic happens.

So why have you failed to hit the sphenoid so far?

Lack of teeth height, argues Starecta. Lack of jaw muscles, says Mew. Dysfunctional soles of the feet, commented a stranger on Youtube. I think he is right. Proper posture begins from the rotational torque generated by the feet. The muscles that rotate soles outwards or inwards, or tilt the feet outwards/inwards) are the beginnnings of symmetrically opposing anatomical superforces that travel up from the soles, through the hips into the spine and drive them into the skull, where they get balanced between the bite and the tongue/neck. You will NOT be able to reach proper body posture until the arches of the feet are strong enough to support the torque needed to carry the body. But if you can maintain soles in symmetrical balance at all times, the surrounding muscle tone adapts, and the rest of the body will eventually sort itself out in an ascending domino effect, and as long as the feet are doing their job, relapse will not happen. It will be as if  the body is in a permanent fall towards balance instead of a permanent fall away from it.

Generating torque can be practiced by forcefully rotating the soles outwards/inwards (also one outward and the another inward and the opposite) as much as possible until you feel muscles above the feet contract in symmetrically working pairs, extending the rotational movement. There are 4 ways to build generate torgue with the feet:

1. Driving inner soles to the floor in outward rotation 

2. Driving inner soles to the floor in inward rotation 

3. Driving outer soles to the floor in outward rotation 

4. Driving outer soles to the floow in inward rotation 

For torque to be useful, it needs a stabilizing counterforce upper in the chain that absorbs and harnesses the rotational force in order to generate useful postural force. Become aware of this dynamic. Then work your way up until you feel the next muscle group activating and joining into the effort. Eventually you willbe able to flex and twist the whole leg to both maximal directions. Once you progress above the hips, you will start to notice that the body can be bent and twisted to several martial arts-like "extreme flex positions" where one or several of the body-long muscle fascias are stretched tight all the way from toes to head and fingertips. Holding these flex/stretch poses can feel extremely good and generate plenty of cracks and pops around the body. There will be many spasms. This is good.  It means a sleeping muscle is waking up and returning to your conscious control. But you should never feel real pain. The body subtly craves to the directions it wants to develop range of motion towards. The better your torquic strength and range of motion is, the more balanced your functional anatomy will get.

This is LENGTHY and DIFFICULT process. You have to use a lot of willpower to create a mind-muscle connection into a sleeping muscle. Sometimes you will not make any progress for days. Then suddenly due to some uncommon body movement you become aware of a muscle or an asymmetry that you had ignored all this time, and improve several steps in a single day. You will be spending hours and hours in front of a mirror, trying to feel and see subtle signs of local imbalances. But you don't even have to get near the end for the effort to be worth it. The immediate functional improvements alone, even without structural improvements of the skull, make this all worthwhile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2017 4:53 pm
fbrem and max iller liked
Tryagain
(@tryagain)
10+ Forum Posts

Thanks for caring enough to write all that guys it's very encouraging. 

Progress you've been around longest on the other forum and how is your face changed? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2017 5:54 am
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Tryagain

Thanks for caring enough to write all that guys it's very encouraging. 

Progress you've been around longest on the other forum and how is your face changed? 

Not amazing in contrast to the time I've been doing this for, but I'm improving, recently perhaps faster than earlier. What changed was that I begun to expand the tongue against the walls of the throat. The tongue was basically the whole neck now, and the tongue/neck complex as a whole was pushing against itself, just like how stomach can be sucked in pushed out at the same time.

Then I realized that you kind of have to suck everything in towards the spine and the lungs, down from the pelvic area to your posterior tongue in order to tilt the spine and skull in a way that allows the posterior tongue to really drive up and back towards the sphenoid, which I had previously failed to hit with NCR. And now that the muscles have been adapting to this, I am achieving a stable and agile core system for the spine. Tongue posture has become easy and deep.

Recently during a visit my mother asked if I had lost weight, then later thought that my cheeks had become fuller. It feels like the wings of the sphenoid that can be felt through the soft palate are further apart from the palate and each other. While these are the kind of details that difficult to capture with camera, I think that soon the improvement will be significant enough to make the painstaking effort of capturing adequately identical pics with the phone camera worth it. I'd rather go through it when I can be confident that the change will be greater than what variance in lens distance and angle could produce.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2017 3:38 am
RamonT liked
_a.deleted.profile
(@_a-deleted-profile)
50+ Forum Posts

All Topics Bumped

This account consists of posts that belong to users who have either been banned or users who have requested their accounts to be deleted. This placeholder account ensures that topic threads are not lost on account deletion. If you would like to delete your account or remove your own posts, send a PM to @admin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2017 6:21 am
Morphy
(@morphy)

I had to register an account and make a post because this is just too weird. I have independently experimented and found all of the things TGW and Progress are saying to be true. I didn't know about Mewing or anything but one day after smoking some weed just had the insight that I wasn't using my muscles correctly. This led me down a huge rabbit hole of self-exploration and developing new muscles that I never even knew I had.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason people's skeletons don't develop properly is because of improper muscle function over long periods of time. And this muscle dysfunction is the result of some kind of damage to the nervous system which controls these muscles, or something self-inflicted such as wearing shoes with heels and narrow toe boxes, sitting in chairs constantly, and other such unnatural postural modifications which are common in the modern world.

I have been on this journey for about two years now and have seen a significant improvement in my posture and muscle function. My chest/shoulders have expanded in width considerably and I stand more straight, with more activation of my abdominals and more feeling and toe-separation in my feet as I walk. My hips have also become less tilted. But only recently I have really started to use Mewing constantly. This I think is a key factor in fixing the skull. I have already noticed extremely powerful forces going through my skull after starting a Mewing and chewing routine. I can feel the bones in my skull growing and shifting. I plan to continue this for a long time and will hopefully achieve some good aesthetic and functional results.

Combine that with a nutritious diet and avoiding/cleansing toxins and I believe this is the key that nearly everyone in modern society is missing. I can hardly believe I have stumbled upon this wisdom. It feels surreal to me, but it actually works.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2017 7:35 am
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

Thanks for checking in Morphy. I too have found weed an unexpected help for postural restoration. I hardly like being high, but I find that the bodily awareness combined with the physical energy of sativa-leaning strains can give immense insight into the weak links in your postural chain and their correct function. Sometimes I've just stood in front of the mirror and watched as my body straightens up nearly automatically.

Do you ever experience subtle cracks and shifts around the posterior base of your skull? I hear and feel these when I lift my head straight up while simultaneously trying to relax the neck and the surrounding musculature. It's as if once the muscles are properly relaxed, the combined effect of gravity & posture allow the skull sutures to shift without resistance. Recently I've begun to stand against a wall every morning and day for like 10 minutes until the cracks subside.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2017 8:32 pm
RamonT liked
Angelo22
(@angelo22)
Posted by: Progress

Generating torque can be practiced by forcefully rotating the soles outwards/inwards (also one outward and the another inward and the opposite) as much as possible until you feel muscles above the feet contract in symmetrically working pairs, extending the rotational movement. There are 4 ways to build generate torgue with the feet:

Hey Progress, what you wrote is really interesting but there's something I don't quite understand... With inner and outer soles, are you referring to anatomical parts of the feet or... shoes? If I look it up online I only find that these soles are just 2 layers that form the complete shoe sole.

So, are you describing an exercise one should do while wearing one?

And if so, how can one target a specific sole?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2018 9:43 pm
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Angelo22
Posted by: Progress

Hey Progress, what you wrote is really interesting but there's something I don't quite understand... With inner and outer soles, are you referring to anatomical parts of the feet or... shoes? If I look it up online I only find that these soles are just 2 layers that form the complete shoe sole.

So, are you describing an exercise one should do while wearing one?

And if so, how can one target a specific sole?

Ha, yes, by sole I mean the underside of the foot. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2018 3:07 am
Silver
 Silver
(@Silver)

@Progress:

So you can fix flat feet / fallen arches just by holding your feet up how they're supposed to be as an exercise all the time?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2018 3:27 am
Member6209
 Member6209
(@Member6209)

Do you have any advice on getting the posterior third in the right position. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2018 1:41 am
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

Ultimately, no, because flat feet tend to signify a larger postural dysfunction. However, exercising the toes and trying to get a feel of how they are connected to the musculature of ankles/calves/shins is definitely a good place to start, because feet are the beginning of of the same postural chain that ends at the tongue. Working on both ends simultaneously can allow the rest of the body to fall in place more easily.

One of the most productive things to focus on is keeping your weight evenly distributed between the ankles/toes/soles of both feet at all times. You will find that in some movements this means having to drive/rotate the feet towards the ground in order to achieve sufficient stability. Eventually, once you reach a certain level of fitness, you will be able to allow this pair of torquic movement travel up through your body into the skull and use it to stabilize the body against its own force, which is what I was talking about earlier in this thread.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2018 7:28 am
Adam liked
kasey
(@kaseyhinkle)
10+ Forum Posts

Do you have to push up on the palate often, is just correct tongue posture not enough to make changes? I had 2 NCR’s a year apart but I feel it caused new symptoms. The one said this can happen since it is an unwinding process but i really am not sure. I feel I have a lot to the piece of the puzzle. I am thinking about getting a tongue tie removed and possibly? working with a myo therapist. Not sure what I could accomplish on my own but some have had drastic change and it looks like their palate was small to begin with. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2018 10:27 pm
Odys
 Odys
(@odys)
100+ Forum Posts

A simple exercise to introduce torque to the feet and the legs (and on upwards, a bit only with me) is the one comedy policemen used to do in old films when standing around. You bend your knees, widen them a bit at bent, then maintaining  an outward pressure all the way up the inside of the leg draw them back to straight.

I think there is the spiralling of muscles and energy upwards from the feet that this produces. There are also muscles and energy that go down the body. Anusara yoga maps these contrary inner and outer spirals. I had no access to the downward muscles and energy until I had made enough progress to get my tongue on the roof of my mouth, happily getting it there even awkwardly was enough to recruit them a bit and by their downward work feel a cantilevered lift right up the centre of my body. I have a lot of work to do improve these upward and downward forces, but it seems to me that to achieve this would be at least part of the balancing of Prana and Apana.

This is The Great Work indeed. It is only everything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 12:34 am
Yonasuh
(@yonasuh)
10+ Forum Posts

This is literally the best post i have seen on mewing. Im new to the mewing game have been mewing for 2 months. Ive joined subreddits about this and asked questions to numerous people but nobody really understood what i was saying when "my posterior third dips within the soft palate" no one could even fathom that was possible and i thought it was wrong. So just now have i seen a post that actually addresses it and actually says this is correct. I have always been able to manipulate my tongue ever since i could remember. I did some tongue tricks that i would show my friends like twisting it around or shaping it in certain ways. So when i learned about mewing it was fairly easy to execute but at first it was hard to hold the position. Now, i have experience a number of ways you could place your tongue in the palate. And i saw a vid of mike mew saying posterior third stuff so i just did it and my tongue literally sunked in my soft palate. I thought this was wrong or something because i never really heard anyone talk about it. All they say is "tongue in the roof of the mouth". This post is amazing. And the great work forums is theee best mewing forum out there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2019 9:26 pm
elevee
(@elevee)
100+ Forum Posts

So much good info here. I'd like to add that strength is important to developing posture. You don't have to be beefy, but I think if you're leading a totally sedentary lifestyle it will be slower/harder than if you have some moderate motion that you do regularly. I find that bodies in motion retrain easier than still ones. Mewing while watching TV is good, but mewing while walking and concentrating on head carriage and foot activation is totally different.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 3:42 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Changes I have had to make to see results:

• Tongue posture
  • Mandible posture (has helped my tongue touch the posterior third)
  • Neck position
  • Using my mentalis when I talk and "fronting" my speech more (meaning talking more with the front of my mouth and using my chin to move my lower lip)
  • Relaxing my left orbicularis oris to make sure my left canine isn't pushed in anymore.
  • Performing a lip seal with gentle suction to keep teeth aligned. 
  • Making sure that in speech the tongue hits the alveolar bone frequently with forceduring alveolar consonants. This combined with jutting and "chin talking" makes my voice project more.

None of this counts the body posture changes I have made, either. This is face alone. So yeah, much more than just mewing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 8:22 am
skethoskope and dapi liked
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
100+ Forum Posts

Has anyone here experienced face redness in areas of remodelling like @admin mentions some people have? I've personally noticed I have redness in the area under my eyes where the zgyos are. Im wondering if I should take this as a sign that Im making progress or if it could have some other cause?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 5:16 pm
Yonasuh
(@yonasuh)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: TGW

I really want to show you the absolutely incredible changes that I have found in one user online. Seriously, this person went from poor development to looking like a starting quarterback - their proper tongue posture completely reshaped their sickly adult skull into a wide jawed forward maxilla good looking man. Out of respect I am waiting for them to give me permission to use their pictures. There are two BreakTheMatrix users that we know of that have shown incredible facial alterations in less than a year. There are Mew patients who have also shown such results, and myofunctional therapists websites have also shown this. In the eventual article I will be posting all of these pictures, likely including my own. In these two years I have not noticed a change in the mirror, but I see a massive change from previous photographs. I am now being cold approached by multiple women when I go out, something has definitely changed to make me look healthier

Have you already posted these? Can you link them? Thanks. It'd be great to see

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 6:27 pm
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
Admin
Posted by: Yonasuh

I really want to show you the absolutely incredible changes that I have found in one user online. Seriously, this person went from poor development to looking like a starting quarterback - their proper tongue posture completely reshaped their sickly adult skull into a wide jawed forward maxilla good looking man. Out of respect I am waiting for them to give me permission to use their pictures. There are two BreakTheMatrix users that we know of that have shown incredible facial alterations in less than a year. There are Mew patients who have also shown such results, and myofunctional therapists websites have also shown this. In the eventual article I will be posting all of these pictures, likely including my own. In these two years I have not noticed a change in the mirror, but I see a massive change from previous photographs. I am now being cold approached by multiple women when I go out, something has definitely changed to make me look healthier

Unfortunately not. It was on a small forum related to "facial yoga" type exercises, where this one user started talking about mewing and then posted a before/after about 8 months later.

The user edited all of their posts to be blank a few days after I sent them an email asking if I could post the pictures elsewhere, which I assume to be "no". 

I still have them sitting on my computer, but I'm not sure how I can anonymise them or if it's even ethical for me to try. There were only 7 or 8 active forum users and I think he only intended to share with that small group. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2019 8:04 pm
Yonasuh
(@yonasuh)
10+ Forum Posts

Unfortunately not. It was on a small forum related to "facial yoga" type exercises, where this one user started talking about mewing and then posted a before/after about 8 months later.

The user edited all of their posts to be blank a few days after I sent them an email asking if I could post the pictures elsewhere, which I assume to be "no". 

I still have them sitting on my computer, but I'm not sure how I can anonymise them or if it's even ethical for me to try. There were only 7 or 8 active forum users and I think he only intended to share with that small group. 

Oh, too bad. How about any of your photos?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 9:35 pm
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
Admin

Oh, too bad. How about any of your photos?

I owe the community a reply about this:

My effects have mostly fixed my back (I used to have debilitating back spasms, which have disappeared) and my breathing ability. Facially, I don't look different enough that people wouldn't call it lighting/fat loss. I don't have an incredible result, and I don't want to post a personal result until I have something absolutely undeniable achieved using only postural correction. I've started getting called handsome for the first time in my life, but that could be coincidental. I think I look better, but my 3D scans/Xrays still show a recessed maxilla. My wisdom teeth have partially erupted in the past year and a half (after dentists said they wouldn't), but that's still normal for my age. 

This process of correction is something that seems to speed and gather momentum as you do it, so I hope to post a great update within this year:

I used to get sounds of adjustment in my skull/neck a few times a day, but in the past 2 weeks I have started getting them virtually non-stop. One year ago my Occiput and Temporal bone cracked loudly enough for a friend to hear, but never again. Yet in the past week I've had the occiput and temporal crack loudly enough for people nearby to hear 4 times. Popping in my nasomaxillary complex used to happen a few times a week, now it's a few times per day. And my blocked sinus has begun to drain properly after 2 years of being opacified. 

I really want to present an undeniable result, complete with X rays, 3D skull models, spinal scans etc. I've got a file of documents showing minor changes over time, but it's still not returned to perfect development. That's why I have not been giving progress updates - I only want to show results when they are complete and completely undeniable. Also because I am very aware that many people are not interested in hearing about my lethargy going away, my career-ending back spasms being fixed, vision improvement in an eye that was previously deteriorating, breathing improvement, my toes separating themselves to healthy spacing, no more stomach muscle cramping when running, vastly improved mood, drastically increased range of motion, actually waking up feeling well rested, no more snoring, improved circulation in the extremities, better face/lip colouring, no more dry lips/mouth   - they want to see drastic changes in facial structure. 

Given the way things are accelerating, I am hoping I can deliver such results within the year. 

Edit: However, my palate has definitely expanded. I'll try to get pictures of my before/after molds soon. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2019 5:52 am
Autokrator, harrykanemaxilla, Sceriff and 1 people liked
Yonasuh
(@yonasuh)
10+ Forum Posts

Great to hear. Ill be looking forward to that, how old are you btw? And if you have posted it already could you link it up on this thread. Im new here and dont really know how to navigate around that much, and i dont visit so often.

I wish you luck on your journey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2019 6:55 pm
Silver
(@silver)
100+ Forum Posts

@Progress

The arches of my own very flat, very overpronated feet seemed to have raised themselves without any conscious attention from me once I had fixed my face well enough so that my body posture changed. It seemed as though the new way I was holding my head and neck, and thus upper body, and thus legs, required that my feet support me in a different way.  I remember that feeling very strange at first, I believe because those muscles were very weak. I don't think you can improve your posture from the feet up, though—I think that's literally backwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 6:31 am
RamonT
(@ramont)
100+ Forum Posts
Posted by: @progress

Ultimately, no, because flat feet tend to signify a larger postural dysfunction. However, exercising the toes and trying to get a feel of how they are connected to the musculature of ankles/calves/shins is definitely a good place to start, because feet are the beginning of of the same postural chain that ends at the tongue. Working on both ends simultaneously can allow the rest of the body to fall in place more easily.

One of the most productive things to focus on is keeping your weight evenly distributed between the ankles/toes/soles of both feet at all times. You will find that in some movements this means having to drive/rotate the feet towards the ground in order to achieve sufficient stability. Eventually, once you reach a certain level of fitness, you will be able to allow this pair of torquic movement travel up through your body into the skull and use it to stabilize the body against its own force, which is what I was talking about earlier in this thread.

The Tripod of the foot is a good start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK0YTrJqGrs&t=310s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uEKTUvL0Lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Sv2EZOjj0

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2019 9:39 pm
facegettingworseandworse
(@facegettingworseandworse)
50+ Forum Posts

@silver

Good stuff

I don't really think it's one or the other though. Progress wasn't really talking about just the feet. He discusses using the feet to help wake up other muscles etc. 

Quite surprised this thread hasn't received more attention, it is absolute gold

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 1:34 pm
max iller
(@maxiller)
50+ Forum Posts

any updates after 2 years? this is toppers info and should really be stickied I reckon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2020 3:27 am
mformewing
(@mformewing)

@progress

hi, can you please elaborate on "extreme flex positions" especially on the upper body. do you also twist sideways or do u stay linear...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 1:10 am
aeonaton
(@aeonaton)

@morphy

I'm so excited!

as in Your reply and comment regarding the original comment and reply of TGW and Progress respectively: I have been experiencing very much the same as the three of You have so intelligently itterated: honestly, your combined writings have been music to my ears: Havnt enjoyed reading a forum thread this much in yonks: I feel you, and resonate completly: yes yes yes, exactly: I believe I have written pretty much same sentiments regarding tongue posture and physical intelligence in various different places over last few months as I now move excitedly past one year dedicated Mewing practice which has synched with: and benefited, all I have learned about physical intelligence: all is pulling together in focused awareness of physical intelligence: truly feel I have  crossed a Rubicon recently in terms of achieving greater awareness and better/stronger connection experience of inhabiting this body.

I now know I have something truly valuable to pass on to others that is only of benefit to those who recognise this level of physical intellence: great stuff, how wonderful: thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 10:50 pm
aeonaton
(@aeonaton)

@odys

the practice of tongue posture has, at times, lead me to consider the Hindu deity Shiva: who is iconically presented as wearing a king cobra coiled around his neck standing upright on one shoulder with hood extended roughly around the height of where the tongue sits in the palatable practicing g correct tongue posture.

I have wondered whether Shiva is carrying the king cobra or if the cobra is riding Shiva....?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 11:17 pm
Odys liked
Oatmeal
(@oatmeal)
100+ Forum Posts

@aeonaton

idk much about that, but one weird thing I got from mewing was feeling in control of my own body. bjj helps with this feeling as well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 11:49 pm
Yonasuh
(@yonasuh)
10+ Forum Posts

I disagree with the whole soles of the feet hypothesis. It certainly is plausible but based on personal experience, is not the core. Getting the back third of the tongue to fully engage is  truly difficult. But to achieve this is just consistently trying. Posture helps as well as the soles of the feet but based on what people that I have seen got results say its more correlated with muscle tone. John Mew stated that he purposely avoids to treat adults with weak muscle tone because little to none progress will be made. To improve muscle tone I believe is what to be strived for first and foremost. This can be achieved with chewing and tongue chewing. As well as the chintuck which is a great exercise to engage the backthird.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2020 4:47 pm
MXL
 MXL
(@mxl)

@progress

could you elaborate or suggest any videos or articles that make this more clear? so far I have understood that the deep front line runs from toes all the way to the tongue and includes the hips, core, diaphragm, neck and shoulders. I have recently found out about dr. Emily Splichal who is a foot specialist and speaks a lot about developing a mind muscle connection between the foot to core to pelvic floor/ TVA all the way upto the palate. SHe also focuses on how to utilise the transverse plane via glutes and making sure your toes are spread apart.

another interesting thing to note was tongue tie releases where the excess sublingual fasica is released due to which there have been amazing patient testimonials. Most patients feel a wave of tension easing right from the base of the occiput, neck, shoulders, all the way along their back, better and more exaggerated diaphragm movement/ function and a large number of case where they had pronated feet, immediately straightening as soon as it is snipped. I think all of this is related. Any advice or readings you would suggest so I know more about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7w3OtCrY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZO6fUapARk

The tongue tie release is a new technique called functional frenuloplasty by dr. Soroush Zaghi, check his youtube videos and testimonials for more, including full procedure videos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2021 3:34 pm

THE GREAT WORK