Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

I'm mewing and having good results. But I wonder if I'm doing it right.  

RSS
milk
 milk
(@milk)

I've been mewing for almost two years, with very good results. My TMJ is pretty much gone. My face looks better.

But I wonder if I'm doing it right.

The roof of my mouth is much "deeper" now. When brushing it it was shocking how much the mewing has pushed it up. Is there a risk of pushing it up too much?

Also, I push vertically against my teeth with my tongue in order to expand my palate. It seems to work, and my face feels good after I do it. Again: is there a risk of expanding the palate too much doing this? Or does the ideal palate width indeed correspond to how far you can push it with your tongue?

Thanks.

Edited: 5 months  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 4:08 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

What do you mean by "deeper?" As I understand it, proper Mewing should make the palate wider but less vaulted. I don't think there is any risk of expanding the palate too much with tongue pressure alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 4:32 pm
Gregory
(@gjenopp)
Trusted Member

Well as part of answering your question, I’ll ask you some questions to which your responses might reveal something for other members to pick up on!

One thing i am struggling with is the tongue sweep-micro swallow side of things. 

Hows your tongue sweep and whatnot? Is your mewing more focused on power-mewing by actively pressing up?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2018 10:11 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register