Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

If you have wisdom teeth that have erupted, USE THEM!  

RSS
QuantumFizzix

I was lucky enough to have wisdom teeth that erupted, and began to start using them when chewing today. I noticed that my tongue is more active when focusing on wisdom teeth chewing using greater ranges of motion to toss food around and clean the teeth; furthermore, I feel as though I have added jaw force when including them in chewing hard foods. I was wondering since caveman needed their wisdom teeth chewing because their molars got worn down quickly, if as a 16 year old it would benefit the finishing touches of my jaw development to use them to chew!

Posted : 13/01/2020 8:33 pm
toomer
Trusted Member

If they are going to be useful in your mouth, absolutely (I have no idea how one determines that, mine never emerged).

However, something I just found out today - apparently teeth are teeming full of stem cells!  So, if you do have to get your wisdom teeth out ... you may want to consider whether they are just thrown out with all the other medical waste, or if there is any sort of cryopreservation service that you can pay for.  We actually have a local oral surgeon's office that does that ... which is fascinating to me.

Will I ever need stem cells later in my life?  Perhaps.  If I ever do, it sure would be nice to have some on standby ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2020 9:09 pm
QuantumFizzix

@toomer Hopefully I won't have to, but that is good to know!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2020 7:44 pm