Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Ideas on how to reuse chewing gum?  

RSS
Loliboly
Estimable Member

As the title says. Can’t find anything on the internet. Heard somewhere that you could put a used gum in the fridge or freezer, but really don’t know how much that would do anything about the bacteria. Tried to boil some gum in a pot, which turned out to be an embarrassing disaster, lol. Suggestions, any one?

Posted : 01/11/2019 6:12 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

That is what I have done. Put it inside a fridge and I keep adding pieces of gum till it has the same volume of golfball cut into a third. The bacteria question has poped up into my head and I just call it "round 2." It is your own body's bacteria, the same saliva. Maybe it could catch pathogens and what not. Improve the immune system??? I don't think so. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 11:04 pm
J3tze

Yeah fridge is fine. Just put it in a glass in the fridge and when you get it back out, let it sit in your mouth without chewing for a bit so it gets soft and doesn't crumble. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 9:25 pm
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

I just put mine back in the gum wrapper when I don't use it. Works just fine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 3:35 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@fred

@Pame

@J3tze

I noticed that I started getting colds from reusing gums that I left open in the air, so in my case it certainly didn’t improve my health, lol. After a while the gum started to smell really funky as well, despite only using after brushing my teeth. I have now tried the fridge method however, and it seems to have solved all the problems. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2019 9:19 pm