Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Idea for facepulling device  

RSS
Facetimeskink
(@facetimeskink)

So I have a very wide maxilla and straight smile, but the maxilla doesn’t come forward as much as I’d like, perhaps because I had headgear as a teen that shoved my maxilla backward and actually two of my front teeth are so tight they meet edge to edge sometimes.

I’d like to pull without messing up all the good things about my teeth so I’ve been using thumb pulling and bag pulling, but I am an adult and feel like not much is happening and I’ve been at it for a couple months now off and on and my tongue posture is good, my tongue easily smashes against the whole inside of the roof of my mouth, even the back, so I was thinking of using a nance device like this and just using molar anchors and attaching hooks to those, stabilizing with the opposing force from the palate and then yanking that whole thing forward with petit mask style headgear. I’d love to hear your thoughts. 

Posted : 13/03/2019 3:01 pm
Indigenous
(@indigenous)

The damage is already done by ortho. Save ALL OF YOUR RECORDS, in case you need them for legal purposes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2019 6:01 pm
Facetimeskink
(@facetimeskink)

I had braces 20 years ago, so I don’t know how much of a record/legal purpose I’ll be having.

The forward movement I’m looking for is pretty subtle and other adults have seemed to have had some changes on this forum, so I don’t know that we need to jump to hopelessness, but I do appreciate the feedback. It’s a very helpful community.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 1:47 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register