Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

I don't know if I really need a palatal expander but I'm thinking about ordering one  

RSS
beerothehero
(@beerothehero)

As the title says, I don't know if I really need a palatal expander but I'm considering ordering one. So, I've been mewing for about a year now and I already got some great results but my width stayed the same (more or less). Intermolar width on my old retainer is about 4,2 cm and after a year of mewing I got about 1mm of width, so now it's about 4,3 cm. In a year I definitely got some foward expansion because now I can for sure fit my whole tongue up on the palate and can almost 100% sleep with my tongue up. That being said, why would I need a palatal expander now? Well, I think that I can definitely widen my palatte more. When I try to open my mouth with my tongue on the palate I can clearly notice that my left side could use a slight widening because my tongue doesn't really fit like it fits on my right side (on my right side it fits correctly up on the palate while on the left side it slightly touches the teeth). So, I'd use a expander to expand my palate from 4,3 to 4,7 - 4,8 (that would be, in my opinion, my perfect palatal width). Also, I'm 20 years old if that helps with something. So, considering that I gained some really noticable changes overall (foward growth) but haven't yet been able to achieve some major widening of my palate. Should I get it or is it just a waste of money?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2018 12:19 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Eminent Member

EXCELLENT INFO:  Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IcjRUdHDM   THEN READ THE COMMENT BY Dr. Mew (Orthotropics) below.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2018 7:20 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register