Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

I am somewhat confused about breathing  

RSS
Abeceda9

So basically, I know that I should try to place the back of my tongue against the roof of the mouth, and not only the tip of it.

However, when I engage the muscles for that, and actually feel hard pressure on the front of my neck from the strain, I can also clearly feel the entire tongue up against the roof of the mouth, but I cannot keep this position for more than three seconds. People here are talking about mewing for 10 hours. And that's really not going to happen it seems, not even close...

Because, what happens, is that I cannot breathe. It's not a slight obstruction where it's harder to breathe, it's such that one cannot breathe at all. It feels like there is a wall of cement that is impossible to conquer in any way.

I tried various things to make it work, and sometimes I do manage to breathe and I'm like "Yes, it worked!" but then I realize that I'm actually not touching the roof of the mouth anymore, that I accidentally let it slip down.

I am sorry if this is a noobie question, I'm really new to this, only seen Dr. Mew's videos a few days ago. It's just that I find this discouraging and I don't even know if what I am doing is right.

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Abeceda9
Posted : 15/08/2019 10:22 am
Topic Tags
Rad
 Rad

If you can’t breath you definitely lack of forward growth, it means that you need to focus on the mid and the “spot” part pushing upward and forward as much as you can. Your maxilla will move depending on your age. Also try to chin tuck most of the day to keep the posterior part up 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2019 11:17 am
Abeceda9

@rad

Is there a way that I can measure forward growth and see how much I am lacking? Is that too different from person to person, or is there a standard measurement for that? Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2019 12:18 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register