fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

I always wake up having my mouth open and my tongue not on the roof

Zygos
(@zygos)
10+ Forum Posts

what can i do?

Topic starter Posted : 08/12/2018 9:52 am
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
200+ Forum Posts

It takes some time to overcome this problem. It's cool to learn this, because I can sleep sitting up on the bus(I'm so uninteresting). The way I overcame this was by getting by using the swallow method then I slowly let go of the force until it has become a light sensation on my palate.

Edit: I'm sorry this was directed more to sleeping upright. When I started sleeping on my back I used a pillow by putting it on my chest acting as a support for my mandible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 10:07 am
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
200+ Forum Posts

Sleeping on my side with a pillow completely resolved this for me.  Absolutely worth a try.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 11:18 am
paradise
(@paradise)
50+ Forum Posts
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

Sleeping on my side with a pillow completely resolved this for me.  Absolutely worth a try.

Do you not find the tongue tends to fall to one side of the mouth due to gravity?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 11:51 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

Check your nose, it's very likely its getting congested at night and forcing you to breath through your mouth.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 11:59 am
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
100+ Forum Posts

@abdulrahman What is there to do about that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 2:49 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Pame

@abdulrahman What is there to do about that?

Allot. A warm saline wash of the nose before going to sleep can help. Combining that with nasal sprays can do wonders. In more sever cases somnoplasty and septoplasty can give long term relief. And of course avoiding allergens such as smoke, dust, animal dander, and pollution is a must for any of the above to work.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 3:23 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: paradise
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

Do you not find the tongue tends to fall to one side of the mouth due to gravity?

Ideally it rests up against your palate I think.

I haven't perfected sleep mewing at all, but I do know that side sleeping/pillow has allowed me to wake up with lips sealed, which I have never achieved consistently in all my life until I started using a pillow recently (for the past few years I've slept without a pillow on my back).  It has also significantly lessened the severity of my sleep apnea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2018 11:19 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
100+ Forum Posts

Take allergy medicine before you go to sleep

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2018 12:42 pm

THE GREAT WORK