Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Am I measuring my IMW correctly?  

RSS
calgirl

I'm not sure if I am measuring my inter molar width correctly. I did watch Mike Mew's video on it and measured my tooth molds and they came out to ~35.5mm-~36mm (38 and up is considered ideal). Yet I don't have any of the problems associated with narrow dental arches. All 4 of my wisdom teeth are comfortably intact with additional space behind them. I can retain good oral posture comfortably and subconsciously (fits on the back roof of my mouth).  I have never had any issues with crowding or crooked teeth. Though I do have gapping and flaring (the main reason I am interested in mewing). My mew line indicator is 38mm (supposed to be 38-42mm). And looking at the mirror, I don't seem to have many facial development issues to speak of. I can post pictures for critique as well. The reason I am interested in mewing is mostly for dental reasons and not facial aesthetics. I just don't understand how my inter molar width can be this narrow but with few facial/oral problems to speak of.  

This topic was modified 7 months ago 4 times by calgirl
Posted : 28/02/2019 2:34 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: calgirl

I'm not sure if I am measuring my inter molar width correctly. I did watch Mike Mew's video on it and measured my tooth molds and they came out to ~35.5mm-~36mm (38 and up is considered ideal). Yet I don't have any of the problems associated with narrow dental arches. All 4 of my wisdom teeth are comfortably intact with additional space behind them. I can retain good oral posture comfortably and subconsciously (fits on the back roof of my mouth).  I have never had any issues with crowding or crooked teeth. Though I do have gapping and flaring (the main reason I am interested in mewing). My mew line indicator is 38mm (supposed to be 38-42mm). And looking at the mirror, I don't seem to have many facial development issues to speak of. I can post pictures for critique as well. The reason I am interested in mewing is mostly for dental reasons and not facial aesthetics. I just don't understand how my inter molar width can be this narrow but with few facial/oral problems to speak of.  

Celery : http://orthotruth.com/whats-up/january-15th-2019  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2019 4:32 pm
calgirl liked
calgirl

Thanks for posting this link. I will try this technique. Though he says this with regards to the bite marks: "These are teeth #7 - wisdom teeth's gone up to heaven."

So are we supposed to measure our 7th row of teeth or the wisdom teeth? I have been measuring my 6th row. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 11:18 pm
Youssef El Kaisi
Posted by: calgirl

Thanks for posting this link. I will try this technique. Though he says this with regards to the bite marks: "These are teeth #7 - wisdom teeth's gone up to heaven."

So are we supposed to measure our 7th row of teeth or the wisdom teeth? I have been measuring my 6th row. 

I am quite sure you have to measure your first molars not your second ones. I had some doubts about it too but a video of orthotropics explains it very well. I dont know about this rhyme guy tho

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 2:45 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register