Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How to improve the muscle tone of the face  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

While moving the bones of the face is going to take decades, improving the muscle tone of the face will be a lot quicker. Do you know how to improve the muscle tone of the face and reverse skin sagging downwards?

Posted : 07/01/2019 3:34 pm
Topic Tags
Sclera
Estimable Member

I'd suggest ShapeYourFace as a place to start if you're talking about "facial yoga" or face exercises -- but in my experience, proper chewing, swallowing, and tongue posture will do quite a lot too.

As I recall, a lot of people doing facial exercises noticed that they didn't see much result until they had good body posture, so please keep that in mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 9:26 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member
Posted by: Sclera

I'd suggest ShapeYourFace as a place to start if you're talking about "facial yoga" or face exercises -- but in my experience, proper chewing, swallowing, and tongue posture will do quite a lot too.

As I recall, a lot of people doing facial exercises noticed that they didn't see much result until they had good body posture, so please keep that in mind.

Well, good posture comes along the moment one starts doing facial exercises. The same thing happens when one starts working out.

I agree with you, ShapeYourFace is one of the very best:  https://www.shapeyourface.com/

P.S.

Learn to engage the occipitalis muscles, and that along will get you going, then combine it with mewing and you'll be on your way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 2:54 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member
Well, good posture comes along the moment one starts doing facial exercises. The same thing happens when one starts working out.
This wasn't my experience. I had terrible forward head posture and I continued to have bad posture even after I did the facial exercises. I got some benefit in results, but once I worked on my body posture intentionally, I felt a much deeper interaction with my face muscles.

And just like with working out, I think it depends on the person. I see a lot of people with built up muscles who have bad posture. I personally need to be separately conscious of my body posture and head posture. For some people, though, the adjustments might just come naturally.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 3:11 pm
RamonT
Trusted Member

I totally agree with you. It varies from person to person.

Good posture is certainly very important,and being aware of it makes the whole process easier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 8:03 pm