Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How to have good body posture without looking feminine?  

RSS
dopafacker
Eminent Member

Seriously, I trying to correct my posture with Mew lecture and I look So femine, I submesive like like a girl, just look at him https://youtu.be/z2IbjHQOdWY      looks how un masculine and how femine he's body language, my question is how I can have masculine body language (manspreading etc) with having a good body posture? 

Posted : 11/10/2019 12:18 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2019 1:35 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

I adopted good body posture 10 months ago, exactly when I changed job.

Didn't talk to anyone about that.

We are 12 people.

Two collegues went to fisiotherapist, the software engineer decided to get a proper desk chair, three quitted smoking, other two started using postural band.

Coincidence? I don't think so

Moral? Screw stereotypes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2019 1:45 pm
elevee
Trusted Member

I have to disagree with you about Mew's posture being feminine. He looks like a guy with good manners and good posture, not like a girl.

He's got his knees together, which is good manners as well as appropriate to being on camera and hanging out with kids. If you feel strongly about separating your knees a bit, go for it. But the general posture of back straight, shoulders open, head back, and bottom behind you look good on people of both sexes. Most women prefer a guy with a round butt, which this posture encourages, and the shoulder/chest/neck position makes you look taller and emphasizes the breadth of shoulders. The upright torso and anteverted pelvis also encourage a firm flat belly.

The posture many people think of as 'masculine' is actually adolescent, slouchy, sloppy and unflattering to a man. Over time it actually undermines the masculine structure of your body, creating a disappearing [Rude Language will not be tolerated], round belly, and narrow collapsed shoulders. As Kyte said so well, screw stereotypes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2019 8:09 am
Kyte and krollic liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

You don't even need to keep knees together when sitting down for good posture. As women's hips are wider, they can bring their knees together and be stable. With men, we need to "spread" a bit in order to stabilize since our hips are more narrow. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2019 8:59 am
Goblin_slayer

@kyte

Hahaha same thing happened when i fixed my posture , noticed people around me trying to improve theirs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2019 2:16 am
FanaticMind

@eddiemoney

LMAOOO stabilize

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 8:29 pm