Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How to fix crooked first molars  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

I had braces and the orthodontist finished my treatment like the photo shows. I guess it was to fit 14 teeth in the mandible without extractions. My mandibles IMW is 30mm

Posted : 03/07/2019 2:49 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
Posted by: Indigenous

Try chewing natural foods in that area to create force links: ANgle a ROUND raw carrot across the higher cusps and practice rotating and angling the carrot to encourage the cusps to align better with upper and lower teeth. CHew on the premolars to create compression which will create tension in an anterior-posterior direction along the mandible, which will "stretch" it forwards, making more room. Do not reinforce the problem with a retainer. Bite into foods with canines and pull, tearing the food, and helping to create tension on the mandible. Your ortho is an idiot for not showing you how to chew and for not observing you chew. 

Thanks. I am going to chew the way you said. I tend to chew without any sideways rotation just going up and down in the same spot. Do you think the fixed retainers are a problem?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 3:14 pm