Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

HOW TO: Fix A Lopsided Jaw With MEWING?  

RSS
AloeVera
(@aloevera)
Trusted Member

If you had a lopsided jaw how would you sort it with Mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2018 6:51 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Eminent Member

In my case, I developed a slightly lopsided jaw from tilting my head too much to the right, which in turn caused greater pressure on that side of my tongue. I corrected my head tilt 2 weeks ago and have already seen positive changes in my left eye and left nasolabial fold

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2018 12:22 am darkindigo liked
AloeVera
(@aloevera)
Trusted Member
Posted by: darkindigo

Surgery?  Is it lopsided from an accident, leaning on it with one hand repetitively?... tongue that has asymmetries in its use?  Here is where you can be a detective.  Is it that one of your jaws is out of place??? TMJ?  It is really important to find the root cause.  Also, FYI.. some people who put intentional pressure on their upper palate (calling it Mewing -  which is not what either Dr. Mew has suggested) have created lopsided jaws.  For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.  Have you been to a doctor?

Yeah definitely, my jaw has always been a bit lopsided, and I'm thinking it's due to my tongue having asymmetries in its use. As far as I know that's part of the 'Tropic Premise', and I'm wondering if mewing will help sort that out at all.

To me, mewing is just practicing proper tongue posture when your mouth isn't doing anything by having your tongue fit snugly just under your palate, and having your tongue push up on your palate when you swallow. That's it. So far I haven't done anything more than that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2018 5:37 am
AloeVera
(@aloevera)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Achilles1

In my case, I developed a slightly lopsided jaw from tilting my head too much to the right, which in turn caused greater pressure on that side of my tongue. I corrected my head tilt 2 weeks ago and have already seen positive changes in my left eye and left nasolabial fold

I've probably got a similar problem. I'm starting to wonder whether my tongue is sliding into a slightly more concave side of my palate, which is further increasing the lopsided effect, rather than applying pressure equally to both sides of my face 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2018 5:39 am
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)

Can chewing on the lopsided side more make positive changes.

In my case I have a jaw higher than the other by 1 centimeter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2018 10:54 pm
sebastian
(@sebastian)

I mewed with intented pressure thinking it was the right way, but now it made my jaw more lopsided. 

Should i just mew normally now to fix it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 3:32 pm
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator
Posted by: sebastian

I mewed with intented pressure thinking it was the right way, but now it made my jaw more lopsided. 

The force you mew with doesn't determine the direction of the growth. As long as you are mewing asymmetrically, you will grow asymmetrically regardless of whether you push hard or not at all. To fix your issue, try to mew in a way that counters the asymmetrical movement you have unintentionally achieved so far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 5:17 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Eminent Member
Posted by: AloeVera
Posted by: Achilles1

I've probably got a similar problem. I'm starting to wonder whether my tongue is sliding into a slightly more concave side of my palate, which is further increasing the lopsided effect, rather than applying pressure equally to both sides of my face 

Yes - to be completely honest.  I am going to do something I've never done on this site and never plan to do again.  I'm going to go out on a limb and offer this targeted recommendation:  Skip all this B.S. and go see a real friggen doctor if you are concerned.

This post was modified 7 days  ago 3 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 9:29 am
sebastian
(@sebastian)
Posted by: Progress

The force you mew with doesn't determine the direction of the growth. As long as you are mewing asymmetrically, you will grow asymmetrically regardless of whether you push hard or not at all. To fix your issue, try to mew in a way that counters the asymmetrical movement you have unintentionally achieved so far.

My incisors are more to the left instead of the middle, s  i guess that means i should mew more to the right. I just wanna get it confirmed by someone who has more knowledge than me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 11:16 am
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

My incisors are more to the left instead of the middle, s  i guess that means i should mew more to the right. I just wanna get it confirmed by someone who has more knowledge than me.

There are several ways in which the incisors can be "more to the left", so it'd be impossible to say without seeing pics first. For example, the maxilla could be twisted so that the middle face is deviated and rotated to one side, with the incisors canted towards the opposite side in compensation. Or, the maxillary arch could be shifted to either left or right while maintaining it's horizontal alignment. A lot of the situation depends on your unique combination of (a)symmetric palatal growth and position in relation to the rest of the cranium. The less/more developed side of the palate is not necessarily your lower/higher side of the face - any combination of these can occurr.

This post was modified 6 days  ago by Progress
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 1:55 pm
sebastian
(@sebastian)

There are several ways in which the incisors can be "more to the left", so it'd be impossible to say without seeing pics first. For example, the maxilla could be twisted so that the middle face is deviated and rotated to one side, with the incisors canted towards the opposite side in compensation. Or, the maxillary arch could be shifted to either left or right while maintaining it's horizontal alignment. A lot of the situation depends on your unique combination of (a)symmetric palatal growth and position in relation to the rest of the cranium. The less/more developed side of the palate is not necessarily your lower/higher side of the face - any combination of these can occurr.

My phone is not working atm, and i don't have a webcam, so i'll try to explain it as good as i can. It geniunely looks like my face has moved more to the left side including my incisive papilla, while the mid-palate ridge is lined up in the middle. Also when i tried to mew by putting the tongue on my incisive papilla, my nose became more crooked, so i don't think i should do that again. Also when i say the "N" sound or swallow it doesn't end up on the incisive papilla, but more to the right, so i'm assuming thats where i should keep it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 2:38 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register