NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How maxillary height affects the chin (Are you long or short faced?)  

RSS
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Examples of two women. One with a short face (low Mew line) and with a long face (high Mew line). Fyi the Mew line is the distance from upper incisor to nose tip.

According to some theories, the woman on the left has ideal features. But I think many on this forum would classify her as having minimal forward growth. What do you think? I think the short faced woman has the ideal features associated with her facial form, such as a wide palate, a strong chin, and what looks to be a short midface. The long faced girl has none of that.

You can see from the skeletal structure that the short faced girl doesn't have much larger of a pogonion than the long faced one. But because the occlusal plane on the long face tilts downwards, the chin projects weakly.

This IMO is how moving the maxilla increases chin projection. All about the occlusal plane.

Posted : 21/08/2019 7:24 pm
Apollo liked
bundfalke
Trusted Member

I always get shivers down my back when i see cephalograms of recessed faces. To actually see what rather strong deformity it is.  How the airway is maybe 1/3 of a normal developed skull.

And my maxilla is double as recessed as the pictures shown above....

We have, what? 230 bones in our body? Why on earth does the most important bone for beauty and attractivness in our body has to be the one thats so sensitive against gravity and any kind of musculatur posture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 5:38 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

We have, what? 230 bones in our body? Why on earth does the most important bone for beauty and attractivness in our body has to be the one thats so sensitive against gravity and any kind of musculatur posture.

Hi,

interesting question

my theory:

Our face tells a lot of things about us; our temper, intelligence and health. 

So  I think human mind has evolved to develop a sort of instict to uncounsciously judge people's face and to with whom socialize.

So the our skull also evolved to be malleable in order to allow other people to decide.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 9:09 am
Liquidlips1

Does anyone else think the woman on the right is more attractive, despite her recession? Now I know there are other factors at play and the woman on the right looks younger for one, but it got me thinking - people bandy about the term 'genetic potential' but what does that actually mean? I would suggest, since muscles are so dependable on activity, that a strong skeleton, robust bones - the height and width of bodily structure - are the bit that probably is 'most' genetic. I've seen quite a few mewing before-and-afters of people who have gone from being rather long- faced to looking nicely forward grown - ie not just fixed their problem but almost as if the length that was a negative has, in its new position, become an actual positive. Maybe the woman on the right looks more attractive (if others are in agreement with me) because she has more genetic potential? If both women mewed, would they achieve equal forward growth or is the woman on the left, who may have always had good tongue posture, at her limit? Any thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 9:46 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @liquidlips1

Does anyone else think the woman on the right is more attractive, despite her recession? Now I know there are other factors at play and the woman on the right looks younger for one, but it got me thinking - people bandy about the term 'genetic potential' but what does that actually mean? I would suggest, since muscles are so dependable on activity, that a strong skeleton, robust bones - the height and width of bodily structure - are the bit that probably is 'most' genetic. I've seen quite a few mewing before-and-afters of people who have gone from being rather long- faced to looking nicely forward grown - ie not just fixed their problem but almost as if the length that was a negative has, in its new position, become an actual positive. Maybe the woman on the right looks more attractive (if others are in agreement with me) because she has more genetic potential? If both women mewed, would they achieve equal forward growth or is the woman on the left, who may have always had good tongue posture, at her limit? Any thoughts?

Maybe other factors go into making you like the long faced one. 

I think the one on the left has chipmunk cheeks so that doesn't help her. Maybe an improper swallow? Or just sagging skin or fat due to other factors. The one on the left looks like her skin is more taut. Also, the long faced girl has a lower hairline which is also considered more attractive on a women. Her lips also seem fuller. 

Personally I think (assuming both have decent eye shapes) they are equally as attractive. The long faced one has a "taller" face but hers is also narrower so it makes her look more feminine in that regard. What one girl lacks another has in this particular regard. But I assure you that if you lengthened the face of the one on the left, she would end up looking worse than the one on the right because her forehead and her chin would both be tall, as opposed to just one of them. 

I find that for me personally, the mesofacial type is the most attractive (not pictured). But most women I have considered highly attractive have been either mesofacial or brachyfacial. 

Mesofacial is basically a middle ground between a very high and low Mew line. The chin projects but only enough to be seen, not to overwhelm. 

Mariano Di Vaio has a mesofacial profile and I think that type is ideal on most people. 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR25PeqASt9fn0Om0uMDNrlNN0qNTJZdbcbJP20emj6J5dmhs9K

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2019 10:24 am