Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How should the teeth rest?  

RSS
lil nut
(@lil-nut)

When i mew my teeth naturally slide foward a bit so the lower and upper insicors touch.

i also have a slightly assymetrical palate so i slide my mandible( or clench a little) towards the side which is less developed in hopes to realign my bite to be more symmetrical.

I wonder if others are naturally doing this or if I should stop and just keep my teeth together.

Posted : 08/03/2019 4:20 pm
Topic Tags
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

Keeping mine apart has allowed my teeth to shift better to align with the tongue. Keeping them together made them barely react since the mandible reinforced the bad bite pattern.

I firmly believe that how you chew will affect your upper and lower arch relationship and that whatever form your upper arch takes can influence the lower jae provided your facial and cranial muscle control is adequate. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2019 3:06 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register