Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How should i proceed?

accnum2

Hello, I have tongue tie, narrow palate and had extractions. My upper intermolar is 35mm and lower intermolar is 30mm. There is also one side more up and forward as well as wider(asymmetries). In what order should i fix my issues?

Should i reopen extraction spaces first, expand palate then tongue tie finally? Please recommend. 

Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2020 12:50 pm
max iller
Eminent Member

For tongue tie I believe there are exercises that stretch your tongue so It can function properly. For the asymmetry focus your tongue posture more on the less developed side imo.

Can't comment on extractions, you might be better letting your wisdom teeth come through to fill the space created.

But expansion is good just make sure you do it slowly. Beware of relapse if your tongue cant get up there and hold the expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 8:52 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

If you reopen the extraction spaces and get implants, then you run the risk of getting infection or at least a compromised immune system (even zirconia ones do this). Dentures are safest but they don't seem enjoyable. A Maryland bridge shouldn't harm the adjacent teeth like a standard bridge does, but it doesn't last as long and all bridges seem to run the risk of having a cavitation (infected extraction area) under the fake tooth. The Mew's actually don't recommend reopening the extraction spaces iirc.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2020 12:23 am
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@engineers

Dude, calm down. There's no need to write in all caps.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2020 12:55 am