Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

how is your teeth in contact while mewing?  

RSS
Esak
 Esak
(@Esak)

When mewing, ive realized that i can generate the most force when im not biting down straight, like i can feel it hard on the cheekbones compared to when biting down straight. My back terth sre in touch this way but the whole bite isnt in contact. My bite is somewhat uneven but since i get so much more force this way, should i continue? I can literally see facial changes within days if i keep this up but im just not sure if my bite will eventually line up better this way or screw it up worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 10:18 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Estimable Member

How are you biting down if not straight up and down? You said that your back teeth are still in touch but the rest aren't. I'm having a hard time imagining how that would work. Could you explain it more in depth or show a picture or something?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 11:12 pm
Esak
 Esak
(@Esak)

my bottom teeth goes backwards abit if i try to fit the whole tongue on the palate, and only makes the teeth in the back have contact leaving the bottom front teeth 0.5 cm behind the upper front teeth, but if i bite straight down and have the bottom front right behind the upper front, like they touch eachother and do a mew push swallow i cant really get the whole tongue up and get the same amount of force, it wont feel in the cheekbones as much. I guess its a space relater problem but im wondering what is most important, getting proper force or having the teeth in contact correctly but less force.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2018 12:55 am
Allixa
(@allixa)
Estimable Member

It sounds like by pushing the lower jaw backwards a bit you are allowing more of your tongue to come forwards which gives you more room for pushing up. That's the extra force that you feel.

I'm not sure how that would affect you in the long run. Keeping your jaws apart might cause some issues but if you are mewing hard perhaps nothing bad will happen.

What you can try instead, to see if you get the same feeling, is to push your tongue forward in your mouth so that the tip isn't on 'the spot' anymore. By pushing your tongue forward you can get more of the posterior part of it up against your palate without having you move your lower jaw backwards. See how that feels.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2018 11:23 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register