Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How is it possible to have a weak chin but no overbite?  

RSS
Jelly
Eminent Member

So my 'overbite' if you even want to call it that, is within ideal range at 3mm. This counts as ideal occlusion. I can't even push my lower teeth forward without pushing them downwards as well, there is no space. Well maybe 1 mm, but that's nothing.

So how is it possible in cases like mine to have a recessed chin relative to the maxilla? And will proper posture (teeth together) make the chin grow forward eventually? I'm also thinking the tongue might drive it forward? Because my tongue has too little space in its natural position, it curls all the way down across the back of the lower teeth, even reaching my gums.

In cases like this, what has made the chin grow forward?

Posted : 05/08/2019 7:44 am
Parks

slight crossbite an narrow upper arch restricted the lower jaw? Facial muscles look out of whack. I bet you swallow with your buccinators? Maybe it's just genetics. I'm not a pro to be honest. You guys seem to have totally different cases. Maybe upper arch expansion and jaw surgery. Contact lee about the slda? I'm not sure kiddo you might be stuck. but you have lovely teeth. Just be thanfkul you can function and look relatively normal. That's a blessing. savor it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2019 2:06 am
Liquidlips1

I’d love to know the answer to this too, Ive got the same issue as you - no overbite but mandible recessed compared to maxilla - except mine looks worse. You sort of just look like you have a small chin but my chin is somehow big and recessed compared to maxilla! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2019 8:45 am
michal99094

I have exactly same problem, my mandible is even slightly more back than yours. Im also wondering how is it possible..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2019 5:26 pm
sinned
Estimable Member

Because you have a recessed maxilla. An overbite doesn't affect your chin appearance that much, unless it's a class II.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2019 11:17 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Widen your palate and your mandible sort of untucks itself. I personally don't recommend touching teeth. But that's me. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2019 4:40 pm
Vikke43

I also have this problem

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2019 4:37 pm
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register