Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How I "expanded" my mandible  

RSS
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

I didn't. I need to explain this didn't happen. What did is how my mandible adjusted to the new maxillary position.

As the maxilla expands, open your mouth more while molars and incisors remain in contact. This will cause your mandible to change its pitch clockwise (which automatically affects the pitch of the maxilla counterclockwise). Doing this to your lower jaw will allow your mouth to stay closed and for proper occlusion to be maintained. 

Make sure your molars are in contact first. Then incisors. Slowly move your mouth more open until you feel the incisors are about to come apart (but keep them in contact).

The result should be a bite where your incisors are closer to an edge to edge bite (but still maintaining an overjet). This clockwise mandible movement will decrease overjet and make the bite less deep.

If you don't do this, your newly expanded maxilla will cause a very deep bite and your chin will look weak. 

So far this is the method I have used to maintain occlusion. My bite fits BETTER this way and the midlines of my incisors are closer to being in line. 

Reply for questions or concerns. 

Posted : 04/03/2019 9:07 am
TGW and Limbo6 liked
Limbo6
(@limbo6)

Thanks for this thread! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 10:02 am
Limbo6
(@limbo6)

So keeping back teeth together meanwhile getting incisors a bit further from each other meanwhile maintaining overjet, should we do this while mewing   

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 10:04 am
scerif
(@scerif)

Forgive me, but there is a flaw in your theory; people with deep bite cannot hold molars and incisors together at the same time. 😔 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 10:24 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

P.s. this method is for people who have successfully expanded their maxilla. Not for beginners. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by EddieMoney
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 1:30 pm
TGW liked
scerif
(@scerif)
Posted by: EddieMoney

P.s. this method is for people who have successfully expanded their maxilla. Not for beginners. 

This does not solve the problem; I have a retruded mandible and therefore deep bite because of the upper incisors tilted inwards, so it's impossible for me to do what you describe in the post. Does this mean that my mandible won't come forward?

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by scerif
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 5:27 pm
PaperBag
(@paperbag)
Trusted Member

Do you have a high arched palate or torus growth, Eddie? A lot of people who get results say "I just did the tongue and body posture" but the previously mentioned conditions seem to prevent any change from ever occurring.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 6:14 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Reputable Member

If you go s-l-o-w-l-y and your bite is in synch to begin, your own regular meals and stuff will cause adjustment.  Don't try to press your bite into new positions or feel them out.  That just pushed my maxilla upand caused the start to TMD.  Most people here go too fast.  Slow is fast.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 6:25 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register