fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How does the chin tuck affect facial structure?

Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

I'm trying to understand the changes of youtuber Meganxroses face from changed tongue posture. In the thumbnail of her video titled something like How I Changed My Facial Structure, there is a beforeand after picture side by side and what seems to have happened is that her face has become longer and her cheekbones more forward. Her nose is longer and thinner and eyes are bigger. From what I can tell, it's the sockets of her eyes that has become bigger and less deep, something that would happen automatically if the cheekbones come forward. Bigger eye sockets would also equal a longer nose bridge.

I understand that most people here aren't interested in getting a longer face, but isn't it interesting how the same instructions can cause an improved, broader and shorter face in some and an improved longer and more narrow face in others?

I have the same type of face as Meganxtrose in the before picture. I have a short and broad maxilla, broad cheekbones that are so high that they begin to protrude not at the sides of the eyes but actually above that. I'm thinking that it is the habit of clenching my teeth together very hard at night that have caused this. The sockets of my eyes have become kind of pressed together, the underside pressed up and inwards, with resulting deeper, smaller and hooded eyes.

I don't really see how mewing could fix this. Upwards force is not what is needed in my case, force forwards yes, but mewing has an upwards/forward force.

My current idea is that the changes of Meganxroses face might have been caused more by the chin tuck. She doesn't mention it in her video but she does mention african tribes creating a protruding mandible by wearing something around the neck forcing the mandible up and out which is the same reasoning as the chin tuck and something she probably heard of in a chin-tuck context. It's also a habit of hers to keep her chin low in her videos. Low chin and chest out, which looks very feminine to me.

When you do the chin tuck, the back of the lower jaw is press3d forwards against the throat which creates a pulling forwards at the joint where the mandible is connected to the cheekbone. Look it up on google if you don't have the image in your head. Cheekbones pressed forwards alone it seems to me has the potential to cause the changes in Meganxroses face because it forces the lower part of the socket forward, creating less deep eyes and a longer nose bridge.

For me, cheekbones protruding forwards is more associated with a feminine face, aswell as bigger eyes and a longer nose bridge. Keeping the chin more low is also something that I associate with the feminine. Maybe these habits of keeping the chin low or more high and dominant is what is behind these associations I have of different facial structures being feminine/masculine.

Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 3:39 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts

Hi,

THIS WILL SUM UP EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW

-Go to the mirror

-open your mouth

- relax the tongue at the bottom of the mandible

-keep the shoulders still (place you hands at the sink for example)

- move your head back (chin tucking) and and a lot forward, keeping the tongue relaxed

- look at what is happening to your tongue, in particular to the back

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 4:13 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

No it doesn't but congratulations on your confidence using capital letters and all.

It doesn't explain why the same instructions can cause broader face in some and longer in some. It doesn't explain why the chin tuck produce sensations of pressure around cheekbones, temples, eyesockets and nose regardles if tongue is on the roof of the mouth or not. It doesn't explain why you think I should disregard in my thinking the obvious and anatomically logical pressure that the chin tuck produces on the cheekbones. Because overriding my thoughts is more appealing to you than discussing them regardless if what you say provides any clarification or not?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 5:14 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Diana

No it doesn't but congratulations on your confidence using capital letters and all.

It doesn't explain why the same instructions can cause broader face in some and longer in some. It doesn't explain why the chin tuck produce sensations of pressure around cheekbones, temples, eyesockets and nose regardles if tongue is on the roof of the mouth or not. It doesn't explain why you think I should disregard in my thinking the obvious and anatomatically logical pressure that the chin tuck produces on the cheekbones. Because overriding my thoughts is more appealing to you than discussing them regardless if what you say provides any clarification or not?

If you say that is OBVIOUS, what piece of information are you looking for? What is the obvious anatomical pressure that chin tuck provides in your opinion? This?? " the lower jaw is press3d forwards against the throat which creates a pulling forwards at the joint where the mandible is connected to the cheekbone" . Well you're more overconfident than me

Did you even tried what I wrote? Chin tucking is what you need to help the tongue reaching the palate better. It is not chin tucking itself creating pressure. Is the tongue pushed even more upward by chin tucking to add it to the maxilla and being the cheekbones directly connected to the maxilla, as result, they may become more prominent

We are to HELP. There are even non English people LIKE ME that struggle to offer their contribute.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 5:26 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

It's anatomically logical because the tucking of the chin creates pressure between the throat and the vertical back of the lower jaw and the lower jaw is connected to the cheekbone/a bone behind the cheekbone, look it up if you don't have the image in your mind already. It's obvious because it's both logical and produces sensations of pressure in that area.

I'm not looking for any particualar piece of information and i did not formulate a question. I'm just sharing my thoughts that might be of interest to someone else, might cause someone to write something that is of interest to me ( but how could i know what that would be beforehand?) and also forces me to clarify my thinking.

Yes i have tried it and was already aware of that effect but i did write that the upwards pressure is not what i'm after. I'm trying to understand what causes the cheekbones to come forward, not upwards, and eye sockets that have been pushed together and inwards to "straighten out" producing a longer bridge of the nose and bigger eyes.

It is true what you say that the tongue moving upwards from the chin tuck creates pressure, it is also true that the chin tuck creates pressure without the tongue on the roof of the mouth, it's obvious to me for reasons that i just explained to you, it was the point of my topic in the first place and you disregarded it completely suggesting instead that something that doesnt relate to what i'm trying to understand would answer all my questions.

Yes there are probably more non-english people than you think, like me. Much of the information on the internet is in english so non-english people that want to take part of it need to do it in english.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 6:27 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

I went a bit far saying your reply didnt relate to my wonderings, more so that you didnt relate it to my wonderings and how it would apply. And i did formulate myself in the shape of a question in the title, but it wasnt what the post was. Maybe you focused solely on the title.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 7:06 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts

In my opinion chin tuck itself does not provides pressure on the cheeks.

Even if it does ,then, i think it is unhealthy because the pressure has to overload the joints of the mandible in order to reach the cheekbones causing some TMJ disorders.

That's my main point and the reason why I may disregarded your statements.

Yes, some misunderstandings maybe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 7:12 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

In your opinion or according to your experience? If you do a chin tuck without the tongue on the roof of your mouth, can you feel any pressure?

Yes that's a good point about the joints. But if it causes trauma to the joint then it is the chin tuck that causes this and not the idea that the chin tuck creates pressure on the cheekbones. And maybe a chin tuck can cause such problems in some people, i don't know. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 7:59 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts

1. In your opinion or according to your experience? If you do a chin tuck without the tongue on the roof of your mouth, can you feel any pressure?

2.But if it causes trauma to the joint then it is the chin tuck that causes this and not the idea that the chin tuck creates pressure on the cheekbones.

3 And maybe a chin tuck can cause such problems in some people, i don't know. 

1. Both. If I exaggerate I only feel a painy seanstion as if something behind the mandible is choked. If I involve the tongue and even try to cheesy smile swallow I feel like my face is exploding

2. In this case, trauma and pressure sound connected to me. I don't really get what you mean

3.Let's open a new topic then

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 8:13 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

Ok, for me i feel alot of pressure just from a normal chin tuck, no exaggeration necessary. Adding the tongue actually makes a minor difference with more pressure on the nose, right now at least, unless i shove it up the palate in an upside down u and press it against the slope, then it causes more pressure.

I mean that if the chin tuck causes trauma to the joints, it does this whether or not i believe that chin tucking causes pressure to the cheekbones. The idea itself doesnt make the chin tuck more harmful for me than it is for others.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 8:56 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts

Maybe it depends on how much you are forward grown. I don't know what to add anymore

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 9:09 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

Is that you in the picture or do you have a more recessed jaw? I have a normal jaw, a normal angle, maybe it could be more forwards or maybe im just female. So when i do the chin tuck the back of the jaw is vertically angled and tucked in/pressed against the throat or neck or whatever. If someone has a more recessed jaw then the angle is different and might cause differences when doing the chin tuck.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 9:36 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts

Yes, that's me , but don't get fooled to much --> https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/why-do-i-look-so-much-better-in-the-after-picture/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2019 9:50 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

Wow, that's impressive. It's difficult trying to figure out if its just from changes in posture, but your forehead and nose is angled exactly the same in both pictures so i dont think so. You look like a completely different version of yourself.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2019 10:46 pm
AlphaMinus
(@alphaminus)
200+ Forum Posts

Two things: 

1) People really have to stop taking the unscientific videos of these YouTubers so seriously. I just took  a look at the video thumbnail in question and it is so typical of the fraudulent, inaccurate and misleading before/after photos that so many BS'ers are posting in the mewing community. Look at those photos. They are taken at completely different angles, in completely different light, and she's wearing an inch thick of contour makeup in the after photo - no makeup in the before. You cannot draw one single conclusion about anyone who's wearing contour makeup - the whole point of it is to "paint" contours into the face where none were before. So girls are painting themselves cheekbones and basically shaping their face how they want it to look with shadowing trickery. If she seriously thinks that these photos are appropriate to use as before/after photos then she is completely full of nonsense and you should not take anything she says seriously. Enough of these people. 

2) She didn't change any of her bone structure with tongue placement. No grown adult has ever been able to demonstrate that they grew or moved their maxilla or cheekbones a single mm with tongue posture. Again, all you'll find is lots of highly questionable claims without evidence ("guys I know you won't believe me without photos but I swear I look different"), or if they do post evidence, it's usually before/after photos as misleading as the ones talked about above. Different lighting, different angles - heck, I've ever seen ones where people claim that they had forward growth, and in the after photo they've grown a fricken beard. Until someone comes out with unambiguous proof that they changed their bone structure as an adult through mewing, then it's nothing more than a bunch of highly dubious claims and lots of wishful thinking. 

3) She's a YouTube profiteer. Her videos are monetized, and she gets upwards of 1M views for them. People whose career is making YouTube videos will absolutely do everything they can to make their videos go viral, including making outlandish claims which attract unhappy people who are desperate to change the way they look. Besides which, she arguably looks far healthier and more attractive in the "before" photo without makeup. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2019 4:18 am
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

Why would you assume the position that it isn't possible to change bone structure in adults? Do you have any proof it isn't possible?

Mike Mew rutinely expand adults palates which is changing the bone, so there you go, it's possible.

If people need to stop exploring and waiting for definite proof there will be less discoveries. There are ups and downs to both scientific and personal exploration. Science is slow and has to be funded, there are alot of questions that go unexplored and unresolved. I have no intention to rely on hard scientific evidence for every single exploration in my own personal life. But if that is how you want to live then that's fine with me.

About Meganxrose, the "after photo" is all her videos. I don't know if she has thick contouring in the picture but she definitely doesn't have it on in all her videos. You go to the extreme saying nothing she says can be taken seriously because she thinks that is a good before and after picture. You also go to the extreme saying she hasnt changed her bone structure just because there is no hard scientific evidence (that is, the people who try it arent scientist, dont put emphasis on documentation and arent trained to do so objectively in any case and perhaps dont want to risk to become the "public" face of mewing without any compensation.) Yes there is no hard evidence in her case but that isnt the same as it didnt happen, how could you even take that position and think of yourself as logical and evidence based as i assume you do? 

I wrote she was a youtuber out of laziness. Its faste4 than "someone who made 5-6 youtube videos over the span of 1-2 years". You assume alot actually, like about her trying to make money on unhappy, desperate people. Its ok to assume as long as it fits a skeptical narrative, is that your stance? That's kind of contradictory. I dont know what to call that. Its like a paradox caused by flawed reasoning.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts even though i prefer a different approach.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2019 3:37 pm
WILLIAM36563
(@william36563)
10+ Forum Posts

That youtuber is frauding with makeup. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2019 5:10 pm
Kyte liked
Kyte
 Kyte
(@kyte)
200+ Forum Posts

@Diana I went to check who Meganxroses is only know... I think the most "honest" youtuber about mewing is Astrosky and he definetely stigmatizes her beacause she is not credible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ZDRxiFpmc&t=2111s

go at 15:18 . So much makeup...

Frankly I suggest you to not follow female youtubers talking about mewing beacause, as @william36563 and @alphaminus said, unfortunately, it is very likely that they can't help fraud you with makeup due to their vanity. 

Even I said that my pictures are bit frauding, but it absolutely wasn't  intentional unlike that girl

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2019 5:45 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

I dont base my position about changes in her face on her credibilty as a person and whether she has spiritual beliefs or not. And Astrosky isnt an authority figure for me so what he thinks of her is of no consequence. Her comment about tongue posture and the pineal gland (probably comes from india and schools of yoga and meditation) has no impact what so ever on the question of if her face changed and if people are confused and think it does its their problem and their loss in life.

She has a lot of makeup on around her eyes and the lighting is bad but she has other videos with better lighting, and there are limits to what makeup can achive with regards to face structure. I have no reason to belive that she is out to decieve just because she wears make up and neither do you, you assume she is intentionally frauding soley based on the fact that she has make up on, clearly you have certain feelings on the topic of females, make up, vanity and deception that i dont.

For me, the mere possibility that her face changed in the way it seems to me it did is enough for me to find it a worth while exploration. And the topic is just interesting in general.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2019 6:53 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

Why would you assume the position that it isn't possible to change bone structure in adults? Do you have any proof it isn't possible?

The question should be: do you have any evidence that it does? Because for as long as people have been studying this subject they never found evidence that it does in the way you describe.  

Mike Mew rutinely expand adults palates which is changing the bone, so there you go, it's possible.

Mike Mew used a skeletal expander to mechanically crack the maxilla open and widen it. That's a far cry from tongue posturing or chin tucking.

If people need to stop exploring and waiting for definite proof there will be less discoveries. There are ups and downs to both scientific and personal exploration. Science is slow and has to be funded, there are alot of questions that go unexplored and unresolved. I have no intention to rely on hard scientific evidence for every single exploration in my own personal life. But if that is how you want to live then that's fine with me.

None of us are qualified scientist to discover and explore in this highly technical field. The best we can be are test subjects in an experiment conducted by a qualified professional.

About Meganxrose,

who controls her perpetuity gland and sees through her third eye.......

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2019 7:02 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Kyte

@Diana I went to check who Meganxroses is only know... I think the most "honest" youtuber about mewing is Astrosky and he definetely stigmatizes her beacause she is not credible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ZDRxiFpmc&t=2111s

go at 15:18 . So much makeup...

Frankly I suggest you to not follow female youtubers talking about mewing beacause, as @william36563 and @alphaminus said, unfortunately, it is very likely that they can't help fraud you with makeup due to their vanity. 

Even I said that my pictures are bit frauding, but it absolutely wasn't  intentional unlike that girl

Actually Astrosky didnt say she was not credible, he said he wished she hadn't made the comments about tongue posture and pineal gland because that would have made her seem more credible

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2019 8:01 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Abdulrahman

The question should be: do you have any evidence that it does? Because for as long as people have been studying this subject they never found evidence that it does in the way you describe.

No, clearly thats the wrong question. Its the right questions if the topic is presenting evidence, not exploring. If you needed evidence to explore than there would be no exploration. Have there actually been studies exploring whether what im suggesting is possible or not? I seriously doubt it. If not, could you point me in that direction please.

Mike Mew used a skeletal expander to mechanically crack the maxilla open and widen it. That's a far cry from tongue posturing or chin tucking.

He cracked the maxilla open? What? Here is an article from this site about adult palate expansion: 

https://the-great-work.org/adult-palate-expansion/

He describes the tongue as a natural expander and i dont see why tongue posturing is a far cry from an expander. An expander that delivers pounds of extra force hundreds or thousands times per day during swallowing. There are several people her at the forum reporting palate expansion from tongue posture too.

None of us are qualified scientist to discover and explore in this highly technical field. The best we can be are test subjects in an experiment conducted by a qualified professional.

You dont have to be a scientist to explore something in your own life, what are you talking about? What has highly technical to do with anything when the exploration is all about posture? Obviously posture is something i can play around with without being in the hands of a scientist.

If the best we can be are in the hands of a scientist but no scientist is around to answer our question, why would you advise against exploring on your own? If only scientist of today and their standards are good enough to be wortwhile, you're discounting every human exploration and discovery before top modern times, do you realise that?

who controls her perpetuity gland and sees through her third eye.......

Thats a very weak argument in my book.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2019 11:59 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: AlphaMinus

Two things: 

1) People really have to stop taking the unscientific videos of these YouTubers so seriously. I just took  a look at the video thumbnail in question and it is so typical of the fraudulent, inaccurate and misleading before/after photos that so many BS'ers are posting in the mewing community. Look at those photos. They are taken at completely different angles, in completely different light, and she's wearing an inch thick of contour makeup in the after photo - no makeup in the before. You cannot draw one single conclusion about anyone who's wearing contour makeup - the whole point of it is to "paint" contours into the face where none were before. So girls are painting themselves cheekbones and basically shaping their face how they want it to look with shadowing trickery. If she seriously thinks that these photos are appropriate to use as before/after photos then she is completely full of nonsense and you should not take anything she says seriously. Enough of these people.

The only reason you say she has contour make-up in the picture is because she has what appears to be good bone structure and you assume it is because of contouring (i guess because she has alot of make up around her eyes, which isnt even relevant to see how the bone structure has changed.)

But she doesnt just have good bone structure in the picture, she just has good bone structure. I dont understand why you would assume she has contouring make-up on. You dont just suggest it as a possibility, you actually claim that she has, as if you knew it. An inch thick. It doesnt become true just because you say so.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/03/2019 12:23 am
WishIKnewSooner
(@wishiknewsooner)
10+ Forum Posts

A forward force on the mandible would translate to a backwards pull on the cheeks since the jaw joint would act as a fulcrum. 

Also, it’s much more likely that the soft tissues of the larynx would get crushed and deformed before a bone shifts. If cheek bones can and do move forward it’s most likely to be a function of the tongue posturing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 1:16 am
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: WishIKnewSooner

A forward force on the mandible would translate to a backwards pull on the cheeks since the jaw joint would act as a fulcrum. 

Also, it’s much more likely that the soft tissues of the larynx would get crushed and deformed before a bone shifts. If cheek bones can and do move forward it’s most likely to be a function of the tongue posturing.

I fail to see how that is the case. A forwards/uppwards force if it was possible, if there was no maxilla in the way, yes.

But maybe its true that the force forwards isnt enough without damaging the joint, i have no idea how much force is needed over a few years to move bones in the skull.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/03/2019 2:25 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

@diana

1. Actually, there are allot of studies, you are just ignorant of them. Orthodontists have been researching this subject for over a century. Try researching treatments for class 2 and 3 malocclusion to know more and then you will understand why that question is correct.

2. YES he cracked the maxilla open to achieve skeletal expansion in the palate. The link you posted is referring to slow expansion using an acrylic expander that takes place mainly in the alveolar ridge. Try researching rapid maxillary expansion to understand the difference before you make an argument about something you have no knowledge of.

3. People can't take a half decent set of before and after pictures and you are talking about exploration in a highly scientific field.

4. To the contrary, your whole argument and topic is flawed and people have kindly pointed out that to you. All you did in return was to argue with a negative attitude.

Educate yourself before attacking those who try to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2019 11:26 am
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

@abdulrahman

If i actually thought that kindness had anything to do with it i would have a much better attitude.

There is no "correct" question. Youre trying to force the question your interesed in on me, talking about kindness. Thats not kindness, thats arrogance and entitlement.

I have already said that the mere possibilty that it might work makes it worth trying it out for me regardless if there are any hard evidence or not. Youre trying to claim i dont have the right to take that approach, or what? I dont even understand were youre coming from. Its like you think science has a copyright on the subject and that it extends to peoples personal lives, thinking, posture and faces.

1. Are there any studies exploring the possibility that posture affects facial strucure? Because thats what were talking about.

2. He has said that he thinks rapid maxillary expansion is harmful. The article talks about slow expansion and its ability to move bones. I dont know how to interpret that as if hes saying that its actually the rapid expansion that is needed to move bones.

3. No and its no wonder. Theyre not scientist. Absence of scientific evidence when its not scientist that do the documentation isnt proof that nothing changes, its just what you can expect when untraind people do the documentation. Again you talk about it as if science has a copyright on the subject. There is a scientific field tied to the subject but that doesnt mean people outside that field cant be intersted in the subject or that they have to follow scientific procedures if they do, thats just silly to even think that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/03/2019 3:00 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

@abdulrahman

If you or someone else want to claim that there is no possibility that the forces caused by posture or tongue posture are enough to affect facial structure, then the "correct" question is: Is there any proof that its not possible?

If i want to claim that it works, then evidence that it works is needed.

If i want to belive that its possible that it works (ordinary persons version of having an hypothesis) and try it out for myself, i dont have to prove anything to gain the right to do that. But i can point to things making me belive its a possibility, like other peoples experiences, things Mike Mew has said, the 70 year old who moved his maxilla and documented it etc.

So you see, thee is no correct question, it depends on the context.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/03/2019 3:34 pm
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
200+ Forum Posts

@Diana I agree with your logic.

@Abdulrahman I think you mean well, but as I've said in the past, you're throwing out the hypothesis before it has even been tested here, which is an unscientific approach.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2019 9:22 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

@drunkwithcoffee

I think you also mean well but you just lent your support to a person who is just arguing with a bad attitude.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2019 10:38 am
GreekGodBrody
(@greekgodbrody)
100+ Forum Posts

Low iq thread, tbh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2019 7:38 pm
arm4 liked
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

@GreekGodBrody

Low iq comment,tbh. But maybe you could demonstrate your superior intellience by actually articulating what big flaws in logic you see.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2019 9:19 pm
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
200+ Forum Posts

@Diana I made a thread about this Youtube Meganxrose because I was interested in her case, but men largely made comments about her supposed "makeup fraud" as well. I knew then that this isn't at present time a forum friendly to women when a case can be so flippantly dismissed with comments like "caked on makeup" and whatnot. I think the black pill lookism attitude is making some men hostile to women, and not enough has been done to keep this nefarious influence from this forum because nobody is examining the deeper issue that fuels black pill lookism: misogyny, so things have slipped through the cracks and now here we are. Look, a male poster above even adopts their language to insult you... For what it's worth, I think you have defended yourself with dignity.

Regarding the OP, the way the nose can become longer and thinner... I think in her case, she's got better lymphatic drainage, possibly due to her either initiating a lymphatic facial massage routine, or as a consequence of her cranial bones becoming better aligned. Her diet may exert some anti-inflammatory effect as well, perhaps from not consuming grains or some kind of overall health improvement (she mentions this in the video iirc).

Another thought about nose becoming longer and thinner, there is something called Golki therapy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGXCuwYjwSs which may help over time to encourage the nose to become thinner, hope this helps.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2019 11:16 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

@greensmoothies

Thank you, that means alot actually among all this antagonism except for @drunkwithcoffee who could actually discern logic in my posts and not just see a bad additude, foolish thinking and low iq. I'm not so familiar with lookism but I can imagine.

My nose isn't very broad and on it's own I wouldn't feel the need to change it. It's the overall look that's caused, I belive, from clenching my teeth for several years during the night with a deep bite so the force only works on the front of the maxilla. Now I'm mostly focusing on trying to change that habit in addition to tongue posture and maybe it will change on it's own the way the palate can relapse when the expander is removed or people who do face pulling says the progress is undone when they quit doing it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/03/2019 4:36 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

*attitude

Edit doesn't work

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/03/2019 4:40 pm
Diana
(@diana)
10+ Forum Posts

*its

This will just come across as proof of my low iq now, right? ☺ All the bad spelling. But I'm not an english-speaker

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/03/2019 4:45 pm

THE GREAT WORK