The Great Work Community Chat
Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

[Solved] How do you correct a deviating bite?  

RSS
robinso

It seems like my bite when I close my mouth my jaw usually closes and moves more to the left than the right. It is also evident that my right side of the face is more forward grown than the left. I believe that my right mandible is more grown than the left so it causes my left mandible to struggle with chewing. My right masseter is also significantly larger than the left ones. It looks like my whole right face is more forward grown than my left. Can someone give me any insight on this situation? Is posture and chewing affecting this also?

Posted : 03/03/2019 6:18 pm
lil nut
Eminent Member

Chew more on the left side or less developed side, even if it hurts you must push to develope that muscle. The articular disk can reshape and create new cartilage out of tissue if you chew hard and put strain on it. It hurts to chew on both sides of my teeth after a month of chewing mastica it doesnt hurt anymore. also uneven muscle tone on is the cause of your asymmetry in the first place

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 6:55 pm
robinso

How much times do I have to chew in a day if you could recommend it to me? and will it ultimately fix my bite or worsen it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 7:55 pm
lil nut
Eminent Member

i would chew either normal gum or  mastica gum based on how badly your joint are. but yeah the idea is to get a balance between the two masseters. 

when i had tmd pain i chewed mastica gum until my joints hurt allot. your disk remodels pretty fast within a month no more clicking and it hurts way less i can chew 2x as hard. but that is only assuming you have the same problem i had before.

it wont do anything to your bite in the short term but in the long term it should help widen the palate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 6:00 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Look at where the middle of your head is and move your tongue that way. It may not line up with your incisor midlines. That is OK. Also make sure to chew on the bad side. This has helped me tremendously. My midlines almost meet now!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 6:19 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register