Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How can my lower jaw move forward?  

RSS
Vikke43

My lower jaw (mandible) is recessed. Im soon going to mer a doctor that works with the dna appliance. The dna appliance is supposed to help expand the palate and eventually move the lower jaw forward. Now to my question. I have a good bite. I dont get how my lower jaw Will move forward while my upper teeth are in the way for my lower teeth. How Will this work? Will the dna appliance still help me?

Posted : 25/07/2019 3:00 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

I really haven't focused on appliances. What do you know about this appliance? Does it bring the maxilla forward? If so it will bring the mandible foward to a degree. 

I don't know. But remember this and tell yourself this everytime you go to sleep or wake up.

"I am being treated with an appliance that will improve my wellbeing, even if my face does not meet my ideals at the end of treatment I will be grateful for it, because it has made a profound impact on my health and beauty."

Or some variation of that. I'm serious about that.

K sum1 gib us a realistic idea what this will do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2019 6:49 am