Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

high arched palate reduced airflow  

RSS
puncher323

i just read about how high arched palates lower the airflow so my question is can i lower my palate with mewing and if not is there another way?

Edit: I consider a palate expender in order to expend my posterior airway because im not able to breath while mewing. Does a palate expender always expend the airway and could it be a soloution for my high arched palate too?

I would appreciate if someone with more experiance could help me.

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by puncher323
Posted : 19/09/2019 9:15 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

You'll get marginal gains in nasal and throat airway with palate expansion. MSE creates the most nasal expansion of all the expansion techniques. DNA appliance is also quite effective and less invasive. The Mew's use BioBloc

Those margin gains actually make a very large difference in how easily you can breath. Even a small change in airway volume is very noticeable. 

Will mewing do it? Theoretically, but we're still trying to figure out what the correct technique is. Mewing is just theory in adults, and the mechanism by which it promotes growth in children is still up for debate. At the very least, it prevents further collapse in all cases

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2019 7:25 am
puncher323

@admin

Thanks for your help. Do you think y-expander would be a good idea if my main goal is to expand the posterior airway to be able to mew all the time because at the moment im only able to do it in reps bit i feel like i dont get anywhere?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2019 10:20 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register