Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

hey guys mewing doesn't work [sarcasm], age 15-21 before after itt  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member
Posted by: neveragain
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee
Posted by: krollic

we need more discussion on the suction hold but unfortunately i'm not well versed with it

@eddiemoney 

some people here + mike mew / hornsby etc say that the post palate suction hold is important for rotating the maxilla forward/upward and keeping the posterior third up 

@neveragain could you address my question below (10. plz? cheers

Lol, hopefully both man. 

You have to reach a point where your body wants to get better, and you'll know when you've reached it. Nothing in nature is designed to make you less healthy. If you were healthy as a kid with wide airways and you don't have those now, it's not your genes, it's the environment. 

Jamo, I started hard mewing again after reading your posts.  Question - when I push with my tongue, my digastric muscle (the muscle beneath the chin) hyptertrophies.  I'm worried this will give me double chin if I keep working it.  Is this a concern? Am I doing it wrong?

That can definitely happen. It's probably not ideal. If you most of the (upward) force is coming from the chin tuck you should be able to mitigate this effect. 

Thanks for the response.  I just tried it w/ chin tuck and it's definitely lessened at least a bit.  I'll keep going this way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2018 10:31 pm
tumbandjumb
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee
Posted by: tumbandjumb
Posted by: Silver

What is it like to become handsome? (Not just with respect to hooking up)

I wouldn't really describe myself as handsome tbh but improving my looks means some people will treat you way better, a decent number will be very dismissive of you and basically leer at you until you approach and speak to them. At that point they become shy. I'm also quite tall at 6'2 with a deep voice and naturally larger frame so I tend to induce a certain degree of stress in certain men/women. 

You know it's crazy how differently people treat you.. I'm not as far along in my journey (been mewing like 4 months, but have had dramatic change for the timespan) and I've even noticed the shift in how people perceive me, generally speaking. It may be a combination of factors (like how changing your posture makes people perceive you more positively when you stand up straight), but I think the majority of the reason is because of how much healthier and better my face looks. People who haven't seen me in years mention that I look great and healthy and if you know my health history, its anything but that. But the point is, it definitely changes a lot. I'm excited what my persistent hardmewing will result in, come a few years considering how awesome your changes were. 

4 months for this level of change is awesome.  What's your routine? Are you hard mewing like Jamo as well?

Yeah, I've had some pretty dramatic change in about 4-5 months. I've been hard-mewing and it's been a 24/7 conscious effort to change myself. I think I'm genetically supposed to have pretty forward, robust bones so that may be playing a role. My gf is drooling over me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2018 10:57 pm
megamandude
Trusted Member

Hey did your face get wider and shorter from this transformation, and if so what was the FWHR improvement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2018 8:39 pm
AguirreTWoR

Did you not feel soreness where the chin meets the neck then?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 3:26 am
Halti.H

You really inspire me to keep fighting bro, my question is did you at any phase get a really sore tongue when pushing the tongue against the teeth? The back of my tongue gets really sore when I mew because my teeth are slicing it. 

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from Finland. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 7:30 am
Slinky
Trusted Member

how is your bite now? seems like you had a class III bite before

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 9:05 am
neveragain
Posted by: Slinky

lol my bite is legit slightly class two atm :/ , pouty, rapidly growing upper lip 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 3:26 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Jamo/ Never again i have a few questions for you

1.Do you think theres any differences in mewing with a slightly closed bite compared to an open bite? Ive experimented both but since i have a deep bite im not sure if i should do it closed or not. I feel this halts a lot of my progress because i cant stick to one thing.

2. So in your opinion it seems the most important part of mewing is to hard mew/ tongue chew correct? i just would like to know what to focus on to achieve perfect tongue posture.

3. Just any tips/ tricks you have? did you hard mew all the time or did you do it intermittently? (tongue pushups)? if not what do you think of tongue pushups do you think they will help you just as much and hard mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 3:45 pm
neveragain
Posted by: Rockyp33

Jamo/ Never again i have a few questions for you

1.Do you think theres any differences in mewing with a slightly closed bite compared to an open bite? Ive experimented both but since i have a deep bite im not sure if i should do it closed or not. I feel this halts a lot of my progress because i cant stick to one thing.

2. So in your opinion it seems the most important part of mewing is to hard mew/ tongue chew correct? i just would like to know what to focus on to achieve perfect tongue posture.

3. Just any tips/ tricks you have? did you hard mew all the time or did you do it intermittently? (tongue pushups)? if not what do you think of tongue pushups do you think they will help you just as much and hard mewing?

1. You have to sort of figure this out by trial. All I can say is that for me I am able to mew optimally with my teeth hovering around 1mm apart. Sorry, it's just a tough thing to answer since each bite is going to be different. 

2. I have always mewed hard, with discrete, exercised force applied upwards and laterally. Not sure what you mean by tongue chewing, though. Focus on your bodily posture in order to initiate the mewing. Read my long post earlier to understand what I mean. 

3. Always listen to your body. Become really good at understanding intuitively where forces need to be applied. You have to really think it through at first. 

I never mewed intermittently. It was always for as long as possible until it became totally natural. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 4:08 pm
RamonT liked
rocoloco

Hi neveragain. First of all, congratulations for the exceptional change, I'd say you basically mewed your way through puberty.

I'd like to ask you a couple questions:

1) What other lifestyle changes do you think have been essential to your development? 

2) Did you experience any other kind of growth? e.g.: becoming taller, growing more beard, other face changes that make you look older, etc. ? I'm asking because since you began while still young, I suppose natural hormones played a big role in your development. 

3) Did you take any supplement? I have read that D3+K2 combo is highly suggested for bone remodeling.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 4:50 pm
neveragain
Posted by: rocoloco

Hi neveragain. First of all, congratulations for the exceptional change, I'd say you basically mewed your way through puberty.

I'd like to ask you a couple questions:

1) What other lifestyle changes do you think have been essential to your development? 

2) Did you experience any other kind of growth? e.g.: becoming taller, growing more beard, other face changes that make you look older, etc. ? I'm asking because since you began while still young, I suppose natural hormones played a big role in your development. 

3) Did you take any supplement? I have read that D3+K2 combo is highly suggested for bone remodeling.

1. exercising thought I haven't been consistent.

2. I grew a bit from 18-21 (the time I started mewing), my facial hair hasn't really change though  😑 

3. I did use both of those vitamins though not in doses that most people would consider effective for bone remodeling. Now I opt to source these vitamins through diet alone. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 9:36 pm
rocoloco

Yeah I also think that megadosing vitamins is a bit of an exaggeration.
Another question that I forgot: did you change your sleeping habits? Do you sleep on your back, with/without pillow, etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/10/2018 3:13 am
gubbbbb
Eminent Member

You said perfect posture is essential. How long did it take you to stop looking like a crazy person?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/10/2018 6:33 am
rocoloco

Hey neveragain, sorry for bombarding you with questions but I'm legitimately curious. 

Did your face morph affect the tone of your voice? 

Since the voice resonates in the "mask" I'd expect that a change in the mouth and nose shape should affect it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 6:56 am
Halti.H

Please give me your advice, I've only been hard mewing for a couple of weeks and now I'm expiriencing pain in the masseter muscles. I'm worried that it's an early symptom of TMJ. I don't think there is any hope for me if I can't "hard mew" without developing TMJ. I could take a pause from mewing but I think that once I start again the pain comes back. I've also developed tinnitus which I read is a symptom of TMJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 1:25 pm
FioraLaurent
Posted by: Halti.H

Please give me your advice, I've only been hard mewing for a couple of weeks and now I'm expiriencing pain in the masseter muscles. I'm worried that it's an early symptom of TMJ. I don't think there is any hope for me if I can't "hard mew" without developing TMJ. I could take a pause from mewing but I think that once I start again the pain comes back. I've also developed tinnitus which I read is a symptom of TMJ. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You are getting jaw pain because you are biting too hard when you mew , ur supposed to keep the teeths slightly together.

Anyway Jamo you are lucky , i mean ugliest on lookism ( or most ppls i know ) went ham too on chewing but permanently destroyed his tmj joint and he got in addition what most peoples get from over chewing : bloated face.

It seems with chewing it's really all or nothing.

Also i think u were meant to have strong bones from the get go because this guy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtywmRmXH_A    mewed too for 6 y starting at 16 but when you really look at his results you realise it's mostly huge bodyfat loss and he's still recessed from profile 

What's your take on myobrace pls?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 2:12 pm
Halti.H

Thanks but I don't clench my teeth at all, the pain comes from the hard mewing solely. When I push my tongue against the roof of my mouth my masseter muscles do a lot of work and contract just like they do when I clench my jaws together. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 3:07 pm
deep.thought

I tried to draw a pic of what you describe:  https://imgur.com/a/XSvEPHo

is this correct? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 4:37 pm
Angelina liked
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Thanks but I don't clench my teeth at all, the pain comes from the hard mewing solely. When I push my tongue against the roof of my mouth my masseter muscles do a lot of work and contract just like they do when I clench my jaws together. 

Take a break from hard mewing, but continue mewing.  Like Jamo said, there is no such thing as "does mewing work."  Mewing is simply putting your body in alignment with what nature intended.  Not mewing means putting yourself in an unnatural position.  It's as simple as that.

You can however try stopping hard mewing.  Mewing without "hard mewing" is effective and is actually the original method Dr. Mew prescribes.  Dr. Mew has never advocated hard mewing (yet).  So don't give up simply because you can't "hard mew."  Be patient and let normal mewing widen your palate, etc.  Once you're more comfortable, you can gradually try "hard mewing" again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 6:50 pm
Angelina and Rockyp33 liked
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

yeah i swallow with way better form  when i do the chin tuck i just look like a sexy rat when i do it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2018 7:04 pm
dupreeh
Posted by: Slinky

lol my bite is legit slightly class two atm :/ , pouty, rapidly growing upper lip 

Unbelievable results. I also have class III malocclusion and this inspires me not to give up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2018 4:40 am
Halti.H

Thanks for the advice man, that's sounds like a logical plan. I just hope that I'll be able to hard mew without destroying my jaw since I believe it's the only way to make significant changes happen without multiple years. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2018 3:58 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

So at this point my palate is wide enough that my entire tongue fits very comfortably on the roof of my mouth. I have posted pictures of my incisoral diastema which developed around the 16th month of mewing. It isn't ideal but teeth are becoming straighter and straighter. My mouth is always closed so there has been absolutely no tipping of these teeth. The two halves running the maxillary suture simply shifted away from each other. Now that my tongue is really remodelling the arches, I still suspect that the gap will close as my lateral incisors correct their alignment and force the teeth closer together. In fact my most recent development has been just that: gaps forming around the lateral incisors and alignment of them with the rest of my straight-ish arches. This is mid stage stuff though because I couldn't even dream of having the front of my tongue sit comfortably on my palate when I first began mewing (nor the back for that matter).

neveragain,

Thanks for sharing your success and answering questions about your experience. I have only been mewing for about two weeks now, but have been going at it pretty hard. I have no idea about measurements, but it feels like my upper arch has already expanded quite a bit. Keeps rebounding back and forth, which is frustrating, but the trend is good.

I find that I've also already created a slight gap between my top two front teeth. As quoted above, you said that mewing created a gap between your front teeth as well. Is there a particular type of force you are applying while mewing to bring these teeth back together?

It is hard to imagine that my small gap was created by the splitting of the maxilla this early on in my journey. Maybe the expanding of my intermolar width has just created some spacing. I don't know. If you have any thoughts I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2018 5:33 pm
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

hey there, I'm 15 and I was wondering if I should do thumb face pulling or just stick with mewing.And also how were you able to correct your body posture?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2018 7:20 pm
Halti.H

One more question that popped in my mind: What's your diet Jamo? Any special foods that your eating?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2018 7:41 am
savage_speed03

im also 15 I've been mewing for like 2 months with small changes this gives me so much hope, I'm in the same exact position as you! wish me luck!!!!!!!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2018 8:58 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

when did you hit puberty?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 5:25 pm
Kagiya

I would be grateful for an answer.

Did you see a change in the size or shape of your eyes?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2018 12:43 am
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

Thats coo mane wish u luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2018 11:56 pm
Sorrow

Behind my front teeth theres an inch to where my palate starts to curve to where I can actually place my tongue. This makes it so I am not placing the tip of the tongue on the incisive papilla/palatine rugae. Is this still ok as long as im driving the maxilla up and forwards, because theres no way I can put the tip right behind my front teeth and and also put the rest of the tongue on the roof of the mouth.

Any advice? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2018 7:54 pm
xDJ liked
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: Sorrow

Behind my front teeth theres an inch to where my palate starts to curve to where I can actually place my tongue. This makes it so I am not placing the tip of the tongue on the incisive papilla/palatine rugae. Is this still ok as long as im driving the maxilla up and forwards, because theres no way I can put the tip right behind my front teeth and and also put the rest of the tongue on the roof of the mouth.

Any advice? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Honestly I don't quite get what you mean with the curve. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2018 6:35 am
Sorrow
  • can you see theres a whole inch where I can not put my tongue? Right behind thr incisors. I can put the tip there. but then the rest cant fit, so its either one way or another.
  •  
  • Hope this helps it is a little confusing to understand.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2018 7:49 am
Ayla31 and xDJ liked
CristinaRose

Look like a different person all together wow!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2018 4:28 pm
lil nut
Eminent Member

Can you breathe when you hard mew I can only push a tiny bit before I close my soft palate, or maybe you push hard on the hard palate but lightly on the soft. When I mew I seem to leave the front 1/2 of the tounge just to hang and barely make contact, maybe this is wrong? I'm 15 and a victim of mouthbreating so I would hope to achieve results as tremendous as yours! I have very small/no results so far within 2 -3 months I hope someone can help me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2018 4:40 pm
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

Don't understand why OP uploaded a picture of himself at 15 when he began mewing at 19 till 21, everyone knows face bones grow rapidly from 15 to 20. 

Looking at the nose there's barely a difference in upswing, OP just grew bigger bones, took a haircut and leaned his jaw forward. I'd say the good bone growth came from chewing and puberty, not mewing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 6:18 am
Slinky
Trusted Member
Posted by: auxiliary7

Don't understand why OP uploaded a picture of himself at 15 when he began mewing at 19 till 21, everyone knows face bones grow rapidly from 15 to 20. 

Looking at the nose there's barely a difference in upswing, OP just grew bigger bones, took a haircut and leaned his jaw forward. I'd say the good bone growth came from chewing, not mewing. 

are you [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] or trolling hard? lmao

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 8:00 am
Ayla31
Trusted Member

Looking at the nose there's barely a difference in upswing, OP just grew bigger bones, took a haircut and leaned his jaw forward. I'd say the good bone growth came from chewing, not mewing. 

Placing the back third of the tongue on the soft palate and having a good swallowing function stimulates the pituitary gland (via stimulation/rotation of the sphenoid bone), which produces growth hormone. 

So I consider tongue position as first in the priority list of mewing (without forgetting good skull-spinal alignment). Thats why Mike Mew recommends tongue chewing as well.

Having strong mandible and lip muscles with a weaker tongue is not good. And I dont think its possible to get such good results just with chewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 11:07 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: Ayla31

Placing the back third of the tongue on the soft palate and having a good swallowing function stimulates the pituitary gland (via stimulation/rotation of the sphenoid bone), which produces growth hormone. 

So I consider tongue position as first in the priority list of mewing (without forgetting good skull-spinal alignment). Thats why Mike Mew recommends tongue chewing as well.

Having strong mandible and lip muscles with a weaker tongue is not good. And I dont think its possible to get such good results just with chewing.

There isn't any proof that mewing stimulates pituitary gland at all. Anecdotal evidence from myself who mouth breathed a lot and didn't swallow properly refutes what you said I have unusually big ears, nose, hands, height, rib size and knee width for someone my age and especially my race. Luckily I live in Holland I'm pretty normal here, slightly above average in length. 

Also I'm just arguing he should've posted a picture of himself at 18-19, not 15, since that's the time he started mewing. Puberty hits pretty hard at 15, especially between 15-20 and all the way to 25.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 9:19 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Sorrow
  • can you see theres a whole inch where I can not put my tongue? Right behind thr incisors. I can put the tip there. but then the rest cant fit, so its either one way or another.
  •  
  • Hope this helps it is a little confusing to understand.

Just focus on engaging the posterior third. Don't worry about the front yet. I was in the same situation myself

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 11:10 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: FioraLaurent

You are getting jaw pain because you are biting too hard when you mew , ur supposed to keep the teeths slightly together.

Anyway Jamo you are lucky , i mean ugliest on lookism ( or most ppls i know ) went ham too on chewing but permanently destroyed his tmj joint and he got in addition what most peoples get from over chewing : bloated face.

Also i think u were meant to have strong bones from the get go because this guy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtywmRmXH_A    mewed too for 6 y starting at 16 but when you really look at his results you realise it's mostly huge bodyfat loss and he's still recessed from profile 

That guy has developed masseters and a naturally small mandible. All the forward growth in the world cannot change that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 11:21 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

That guy has developed masseters and a naturally small mandible. All the forward growth in the world cannot change that

What? His mandible looks great for 22. His maxilla is also in a good position, good upswing, he looks great overall and honestly I think mewing and especially chewing + good posture helped that happen.

Also he chews daily, he doesn't only mew. That's an important point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 4:15 pm
Rockyp33 liked
Ayla31
Trusted Member

There isn't any proof that mewing stimulates pituitary gland at all. Anecdotal evidence from myself who mouth breathed a lot and didn't swallow properly refutes what you said I have unusually big ears, nose, hands, height, rib size and knee width for someone my age and especially my race. Luckily I live in Holland I'm pretty normal here, slightly above average in length. 

Also I'm just arguing he should've posted a picture of himself at 18-19, not 15, since that's the time he started mewing. Puberty hits pretty hard at 15, especially between 15-20 and all the way to 25.

What I wrote was more directed to what you said about his results not being thanks to placing the tongue in the right position. Only chewing. I think both are important.

And on the pituitary gland stimulation, I am no expert. I just quoted Joy Moeller, who has almost 40 years of experience as a Myofunctional therapist and is well known. I think she knows what she is talking about. I wish I knew where she learned that. But I agree there don't seem to be a lot of studies about that, so it would be great if there was more research - at least easier to find. But even if there is not proof (that we both know of, yet), it doesn't mean it isn't true.

And ok, it was a bad example just to mention the growth hormone as there are many others -some which also inhibit this hormone. And when I mentioned it, I was thinking more about bone growth not ear/nose/ hand size. The idea is to have regulation/balance of hormones, not over production (which causes big nose, big ears, big foot). The inhibitors should prevent/control that. 

I also think, if trauma to the brain (during development) can cause hypopituitarism (especially growth and sex hormones), why can't light pressure overtime stimulate it/regulate it or in any way affect it?  

Anyways, I do understand why you argue about the before foto not being at 18/19. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 6:30 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

What? His mandible looks great for 22. His maxilla is also in a good position, good upswing, he looks great overall and honestly I think mewing and especially chewing + good posture helped that happen.

Also he chews daily, he doesn't only mew. That's an important point.

I don't see where I said he has no upswing or doesn't look good. Of course his masseters are wide and developed from chewing a lot.

I am saying he has a small mandible (not even saying that is unaesthetic) based on how pouty and ahead of his chin his upper lip is. People with large mandibles and good upswing have their chin ahead of their upper lip in profile whereas his small mandible prevents that, even with a good Mew line. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 10:29 pm
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

What I wrote was more directed to what you said about his results not being thanks to placing the tongue in the right position. Only chewing. I think both are important.

And on the pituitary gland stimulation, I am no expert. I just quoted Joy Moeller, who has almost 40 years of experience as a Myofunctional therapist and is well known. I think she knows what she is talking about. I wish I knew where she learned that. But I agree there don't seem to be a lot of studies about that, so it would be great if there was more research - at least easier to find. But even if there is not proof (that we both know of, yet), it doesn't mean it isn't true.

And ok, it was a bad example just to mention the growth hormone as there are many others -some which also inhibit this hormone. And when I mentioned it, I was thinking more about bone growth not ear/nose/ hand size. The idea is to have regulation/balance of hormones, not over production (which causes big nose, big ears, big foot). The inhibitors should prevent/control that. 

I also think, if trauma to the brain (during development) can cause hypopituitarism (especially growth and sex hormones), why can't light pressure overtime stimulate it/regulate it or in any way affect it?  

Anyways, I do understand why you argue about the before foto not being at 18/19. 

Ahh I understand. The reason I don't believe in the stimulation of the pituitary gland is even with a finger pushing into my soft palate I don't feel any sensation in my brain at all. It's just too far, maybe it's possible with some kind of nerve excitation of the tongue/masseters and then that somehow going into your brain. I mean if you clench your hand you can lift more weight with your legs, perhaps clenching the tongue sends some signals to the brain. 

Eddie, but what if his mandible is more laterally big than forward big, wouldn't it still be "big"? Also wouldn't the protrusion of the mandible depend more on the upswing than the size of the mandible itself. Because if you look at him yourself you see his upswing is not that great, his nose isn't uptipped. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 8:38 am
Ayla31
Trusted Member

@auxiliary7, What do you mean by clenching the tongue? If you mean tensing it, I don't think that would be good. Tension in muscles prevents their normal activation (contraction and release) and their correct muscle tone. They also act as "dragging points", preventing bones to move freely as they should and misaligning the body. 

I personally don't think it is necessary to feel pressure/ sensations in the brain in order to know there is stimulation in the pituitary. (Feeling anything there or anywhere else depends also on how good your body awareness is, imo).  Besides, I've read this gland is very sensitive to pressure/compression, so placing the tongue and swallowing correctly where it's supposed to be would be enough to stimulate/regulate it, I guess, since they are relatively near to each other.

I think the idea is to balance your body to help it function properly, not to force it. But keep in mind I am a person who tries to avoid the "no pain, no gain" motto - if possible. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2018 10:01 am
Rockyp33 liked
bigmikela1992

Hi bro. Would you please be willing to talk to me? I have struggled for a long time with insecurities and I look up to you a lot. Please PM me if you would or email me at colbympaul@gmail.com 

All my best,

Colby 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2018 1:02 am
faceup

Huh!? When I saw the picture you posted a week ago or so, I thought you were trolling. I thought it was a fake picture. It's real!? It looks like a completely different person!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2018 5:38 am
MeMeMe
Eminent Member

Seems like amazing results. But could you post a pic from front 18 yers and today, so we could see if your midface actually shortened. You could censor your eyes, i think it would do a lot for the community.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/01/2019 10:09 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Proper tongue posture definitley stimulates the pituitary gland. One of the first things i noticed is that when i mewed correctly even for 5 minutes I would get pretty crazy sexual urges that i dont usually get

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 5:05 pm
Manveer

Hey Jamo I’m hard mewing like you said but when I hard mew there’s a bulge under my chin. Should I be worried? And am I doing something wrong?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 2:35 am
Silver
Trusted Member
Posted by: Manveer

Hey Jamo I’m hard mewing like you said but when I hard mew there’s a bulge under my chin. Should I be worried? And am I doing something wrong?

I had that until I had my tongue tie released. Be sure you're also chin tucking

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 12:48 pm
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Did you find that you were able to engage the posterior third more easily and with more force after getting your tongue tie released?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 2:11 pm
Zag
 Zag

Insane results. Is there any chance I can hope for at least 50% of your results at age of 26? My parents have perfect jaws, insane I'd say, meanwhile I don't: crooked nose, dark circles, uneven brow ridge, crooked jaws. Tbh I used to be ultra ignorant when it comes to appearance and heath and now it takes it's toll. Can an orthodontist actually help with the process, with expanders and such?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 4:32 pm
Silver
Trusted Member
Posted by: Pame

Did you find that you were able to engage the posterior third more easily and with more force after getting your tongue tie released?

My tongue tie wasn't even that bad, and it's a completely different mouth. You have no idea the enormous difference it makes. Check out one Dr. Ghaheri's blog to make sure you're going to someone who really knows how to do it correctly. You also have to do stretches 3 times a day after the procedure to make sure it heals right

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 12:58 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@silver hows it completley different?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 4:02 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

also im on his blog but i cant find the article that explains how to make sure the doctors know what theyre doing cna you link that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 4:06 pm
Manveer

Thnx pame I did the chin thuck and the bulge went away completely. However, I have a tongue tie but I can still mew correctly Ex, my tongue rests comfortably on my palete with force upwards and sideways. Should I get my tongue tie fixed or just don’t bother since I could already mew? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 6:32 pm
Silver
Trusted Member

Thnx pame I did the chin thuck and the bulge went away completely. However, I have a tongue tie but I can still mew correctly Ex, my tongue rests comfortably on my palete with force upwards and sideways. Should I get my tongue tie fixed or just don’t bother since I could already mew? 

I thought I was mewing correctly for a long time before I realized I wasn't and stopped, and now that I had my tongue tie released, I realized there was no way I could have done it correctly before

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 6:06 pm
Manveer

Damn that’s confusing cause I feel a lot of pressure in my cheekbones when I mew and I haveva solid suction hold.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 8:11 pm
ladida

Would you care to share the stretches? I was looking through the Doctor's blog but all I seem to find is a routing to be performed on infants.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 2:02 am
Page 2 / 3