fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

hey guys mewing doesn't work [sarcasm], age 15-21 before after itt

Page 1 / 3
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

never again

Topic starter Posted : 26/09/2018 9:45 pm
bigmikela1992, opelecky, CristinaRose and 10 people liked
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Are you jamo? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2018 10:17 pm
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

😋

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/09/2018 10:18 pm
You and liked
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

lol and see it's not even a matter of whether 'mewing' works. that's just such an awful way to look at it. seriously, it's like asking if breathing or eating works. there is no such thing as mewing. mewing is as fundamental as any other natural process you take for granted. I didn't mew myself out of hellish uggoness in that I supplemented some activity that other people don't do. Rather, I adopted the natural posture(s) that my body was begging for. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/09/2018 10:21 pm
TheBeastPanda, Adam, Achilles1 and 6 people liked
Bigboi
(@bigboi)

Freakazoid

😋

migtve been enhanced since you were in puberty no?

when did u start mewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2018 10:27 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

Is the sarcasm meant to be in the before and after picture as well? The angles are so different and the pictures are poor in quality. I get it that you might not have a better before but is it not possible to provide a better after?

Don't get me wrong I believe what you are claiming is possible especially that you started at such an early age and have done it for long enough. I see some convincing things in the after picture like excellent head posture and dystrophyed facial muscles, etc but really there needs to be a better after picture. 

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2018 10:33 pm
alfio liked
Demir
(@demir)

What was your routine and how long did it take for you to see any results, and when did you see the most improvement?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2018 11:08 pm
xDJ and Phil343443 liked
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Abdulrahman

Is the sarcasm meant to be in the before and after picture as well? The angles are so different and the pictures are poor in quality. I get it that you might not have a better before but is it not possible to provide a better after?

Don't get me wrong I believe what you are claiming is possible especially that you started at such an early age and have done it for long enough. I see some convincing things in the after picture like excellent head posture and dystrophyed facial muscles, etc but really there needs to be a better after picture. 

who cares if the angles are different? in the before my head is literally craned before. i would have absolutely zero jaw in the before if i was in the same posture as the after. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/09/2018 11:36 pm
Autokrator, daks, openbytes17 and 3 people liked
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
200+ Forum Posts

Good work! Do you know what your intermolar width was when starting, and what it is now? Seconding the request about your routine as well. I implemented some of your practices in my latest 2 years mewing and that did accelerate my progress, so it'd be interesting to find out if you do anything new or different now.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2018 11:59 pm
xDJ liked
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: neveragain
Posted by: Abdulrahman

who cares if the angles are different? in the before my head is literally craned before. i would have absolutely zero jaw in the before if i was in the same posture as the after. 

The before is done, you can't go back in time if you don't have a better picture, but for the after you can do better. Make clearer and brighter picture so when its shown to skeptics it can earn their admiration.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 12:13 am
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

Incredible results - looks like you have made even additional progress since the last time you posted your face. Thanks for checking in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 12:55 am
zosogg
(@zosogg)
50+ Forum Posts

Crazy, let's hope I can get results like this at 22 years old. Also your case wasn't so bad to begin with so it must've been easier for you to mew properly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 1:07 am
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
200+ Forum Posts

Do you "hard mew"? Insane results.  I mean, mind-blowingly crazy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 2:31 am
Rockyp33 liked
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

please give us a run down of your technique @neveragain

stuff like open/closed bite, tongue position/pressure, diet, exercise etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 3:27 am
Patwekar liked
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: krollic

please give us a run down of your technique @neveragain

stuff like open/closed bite, tongue position/pressure, diet, exercise etc

So at this point my palate is wide enough that my entire tongue fits very comfortably on the roof of my mouth. I have posted pictures of my incisoral diastema which developed around the 16th month of mewing. It isn't ideal but teeth are becoming straighter and straighter. My mouth is always closed so there has been absolutely no tipping of these teeth. The two halves running the maxillary suture simply shifted away from each other. Now that my tongue is really remodelling the arches, I still suspect that the gap will close as my lateral incisors correct their alignment and force the teeth closer together. In fact my most recent development has been just that: gaps forming around the lateral incisors and alignment of them with the rest of my straight-ish arches. This is mid stage stuff though because I couldn't even dream of having the front of my tongue sit comfortably on my palate when I first began mewing (nor the back for that matter).

Essentially, ya, I mew really, really hard. My tongue is freakishly strong, obviously, at this point since it is pushing firmly on my palate non stop, night and day. 

You need to visualize the forces like this:

1. Your mouth is closed which will create immediate forces on the dental structures assuming your airways developed poorly.

2. You follow the advice of this site and adopt perfect physical posture. Your bodily and oral posture are uniquely connected. You will grow to 'feel' deformations and asymmetry via both paths. That is, you will be able to feel bodily malformations via your tongue and vice versa. Having adopted good bodily posture, you now find that you tongue is necessarily pushing up on your palate. This will feel extremely weird because your jaws have swung downwards. You'll notice that it becomes utterly impossible to open your mouth in this position. You will look and feel stupid for months. 

3. To balance the force you're now exerting downwards via correcting your bodily posture, you will need to "fight back" with your tongue. Your body will want this. All of your muscles are atrophied and it will be extremely uncomfortable and tiring. 

4. To balance the new force of your tongue now struggling against the weight of your well-postured skull, you will have to recruit several neck muscles and your muscles of mastication. They will naturally hypertrophy with time. 

So the simple chain is: 1. weight of skull --> balanced by force of tongue --> locked in place by force of jaw and neck muscles

The result is that you will naturally have your upper and lower arches hovering perhaps 1mm away from each other in perfect harmony. Once you master this (1 year if you're focused and not utterly deformed) you will start to see real long lasting and observable changes.

All of these forces harmonize. It will become difficult to sit for long periods of time when you start this process because your body will be excited at the thought of correcting its machinery. Listen to your body. Don't sit for hours and hours longer than necessary.  

Regarding diet: you need calories when you start this. Your nervous system will fatigue very quickly if you're starving yourself and your progress will slow. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/09/2018 3:45 am
badboyarbaz, charles, ayla mao and 11 people liked
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Progress

Incredible results - looks like you have made even additional progress since the last time you posted your face. Thanks for checking in.

Thank you man. How have things been going for you?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/09/2018 3:46 am
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

@neveragain [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] awesome. I already do nearly all of this stuff. I'm becoming more and more convinced that hard-mewing is necessary for faster changes or even changes at all in some people. I know that the idea of bone being movable by the smallest of forces is thrown around (wolffs law) but to be completely honest my improvements when soft mewing were very minimal and when I hard-mew the acceleration is much more noticeable. not to mention it's very easy to forget to soft-mew but hard-mewing requires noticeable attention so it's harder to forget and cease doing it. as the tongue gets stronger this only becomes easier especially if you combine tongue chewing with tough gum for instance

very cool post dude 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 4:17 am
Angelina, and liked
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

Totally forgot to mention that I have on again off again chewed mastic gum during these past 18 months or so. So initially I did induce TMJ problems. I had a clicking jaw that hurt sometimes. Very sad. 

But, being the [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] that I am, I decided to push through it. I hypothesized that what causes TMJ issues when chewing is actually bad development as well, namely a mandible that isn't sitting correctly and therefore isn't within the proper range of motion while chewing. 

Referring to the studies done on children that observed maxillary upswing from daily chewing of hard gum, I decided to continue chewing believing that eventually the problem would disappear as my jaws moved upward. 

I was correct, but I do not under any circumstances recommend being and idiot like me and risking permanent jaw damage for something so trivial. I've been so damn committed to getting those jaws rotating upward that I was confident I could correct the TMJ issues via more chewing. Luckily the symptoms completely subsided and now I can chew hard materials basically endlessly. 

For skeptics, understand that our robust, well-developed ancestors chewed hard foods all day everyday, greatly exceeding what an hour a day of mastic gum simulates. 

Again, don't be me and brute force your way to ascension. Be patient. Stop chewing for a month if you experience any pain then ease into it again. Let mewing do most of the work and be patient. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/09/2018 4:23 am
You liked
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts

Great. Hit 42 mm inter-molar width recently and the improvements have been accelerating. Hard mewing really seems to be vital in getting the whole spine to work in unison. It's evident when sitting on a chair: instead of having to focus on keeping the back straight, you can just mew hard in the way you explained and have the torso straighten out almost magically. Once the musculature gets used to this, sitting straight is so effortless. In this way, proper mewing begins from the hips. It's one singular, force that travels from the sacrum, through the spine and ends between the jaws and the tongue. There is an old saying that hips are the seat of the soul, and it really illustrates how the face will never bloom into its full glory until the whole spinal chain is properly anchored between the hips and the palate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 4:43 am
Buggy liked
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

I think it's critical, personally. Outer U is overrated. Inner U is where it's at. Saying this as a guy who spent too much time jaw chewing and not enough time tongue chewing. I don't enjoy tongue chewing compared to jaw chewing but the benefits are more profound

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 5:34 am
Mewer000
(@mewer000)
10+ Forum Posts

any questions?

mewing doesnt work bro

The before pic was taken when you were 15, but is that when u started mewing or was it later i.e 18, 19?

Amazing results btw, by far the best on any forum in existence 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 5:40 am
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

Great. Hit 42 mm inter-molar width recently and the improvements have been accelerating. Hard mewing really seems to be vital in getting the whole spine to work in unison. It's evident when sitting on a chair: instead of having to focus on keeping the back straight, you can just mew hard in the way you explained and have the torso straighten out almost magically. Once the musculature gets used to this, sitting straight is so effortless. In this way, proper mewing begins from the hips. It's one singular, force that travels from the sacrum, through the spine and ends between the jaws and the tongue. There is an old saying that hips are the seat of the soul, and it really illustrates how the face will never bloom into its full glory until the whole spinal chain is properly anchored between the hips and the palate.

beautiful man. i wonder if i will ever get to see pics of you one day  😋 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/09/2018 7:25 am
RamonT liked
zosogg
(@zosogg)
50+ Forum Posts

I'm going to see a myofunctional therapist about this, but it seems like you've mastered this aspect but you didn't touch on it; Lip posture. What did you do specifically to help seal your lips? I personally can swallow properly but have issues gathering saliva for swallowing without using my bottom lip to suck in the saliva. I also engage my mentalis heavily to join my lips so my upper lip is probably atrophied. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 7:26 am
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: ben

Ever since I've come across your posts on both this forum and Break the Matrix, I've been dying to ask you a few burning questions of mine. Your changes are absolutely impeccable, and if it weren't for you, I might not have decided to pursue my postural fantasies. Your dedication seriously shows. Congratulations on all that you've accomplished so far!

1. In fixing your entire posture, what other changes—both physical and mental—have you experienced? Are you now able to exercise without breathing through your mouth?

2. Do you advocate sleeping on the floor, or on any other solid, compact surface for that matter? I've adjusted to sleeping on my living room floor, and my next goal is to teach myself how to sleep in a healthy posture (i.e. chin tuck, elongation of the neck, etc.) with the aid of a thin pillow. Eventually, I plan to remove that pillow entirely. Any tips or suggestions?

3. At the beginning of your entire experience, how did you manage to focus on these postural changes with everything else happening around you? I assume you were in high school when you began. I find that this is the most difficult action to successfully maneuver. 

4. Are you familiar with MK-677? I'm seriously entertaining the idea of taking a high daily dosage to dramatically boost my growth hormone levels. This isn't the only supplement I've been sniffing around, but at my age (I'm 19, by the way) I believe this could expedite these positive changes I seek. 

5. I recognize that you briefly dabbled in the infamous belt-pulling practice, which you subsequently denounced. However, what are your thoughts regarding Plato's helmet-pulling technique? Do you believe this action could positively aid the overall efforts to correct one's posture? 

I have so many more questions, but I truly don't want to bombard or overwhelm you. You've inspired a lot of users on this forum; you're living proof that significant changes can be accomplished in late-adolescence/early adulthood. I hope you continue to kick [Rude Language will not be tolerated]!

Thanks for the kind words. 

1. I experience less brain fog after waking up and require less sleep. I don't need to mouthbreathe anytime really. Stairs, running, exercising, etc, all through nose. I'm largely allergy free now. I used to spend fall and winter completely stuffed up and unable to breathe through my nose, going through boxes of tissues like a pubescent boy. This is simply no longer the case. 

2. I personally sleep without a pillow underneath my head. It's the only way that I can sort of tuck my jaws into my chest and seal my mouth for the night. 

3. Truthfully I was in a really bad place when I started in terms of my identity and such. I hated what I was studying in my first year of uni and ended up taking a year off. I made my postural changes both in and out of school. 

4. I'm familiar with but not well-versed in the efficacy of MK-677. I think that at 19 you can release plenty of GH by eating, sleeping and exercising well. 

5. Belt facepulling helped me gain intuition into the workings of my body. Similar to the mind-body phenomenon often emphasized for making progress in the gym, facepulling taught my body to recognize beneficial forces and movements within my skull. I don't regret it at all but I still don't recommend it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/09/2018 8:05 am
ayla mao and RamonT liked
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

are you saying that if you don't do a chin-tuck whilst sleeping your mouth opens? how much of an issue is sleep-mewing for you and if it's not anymore, at what point were you able to do sleep-mewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 8:48 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts

Excuse my unfamiliarity with this case, but could someone post links to the previous updates that have been mentioned from both this forum and BTM?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 8:59 am
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

legend

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 9:12 am
Rockyp33
(@rockyp33)
500+ Forum Posts

Been waiting to see something like this. I think this will motivate everyone on here to go hard. You said you hard mew? Do you have a routine? Would you just push your tongue up as hard as you can for as long as you can?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 12:53 pm
Rockyp33
(@rockyp33)
500+ Forum Posts

Keillor I don’t think hard mewing changes the bones but I believe it makes the tongue much stronger which in turn naturally moves the pallete

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 12:54 pm
Patwekar liked
Rockyp33
(@rockyp33)
500+ Forum Posts

Any tips on procilining the front incisors? I have a 40 mm pallete but I haven’t an overbite cause my front teeth are so retroclined maybe the front isn’t expanded?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 12:59 pm
AguirreTWoR
(@aguirretwor)
10+ Forum Posts

Utterly impressed by your progress. At what age did you actually start mewing? Also, around what percentage was your body fat in the before picture and at what is it now?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 1:47 pm
test151515
(@test151515)
10+ Forum Posts

2. I personally sleep without a pillow underneath my head. It's the only way that I can sort of tuck my jaws into my chest and seal my mouth for the night. 

Do you always sleep on your back?

Do you sleep with your upper and lower teeth in light contact or are they separated by a tiny distance?

When you mew with force during the days, do you usually keep your upper and lower teeth in light contact or are they separated by a tiny distance?

Thanks a lot for sharing your info/experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 4:47 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Have you ever recorded your Mew indicator line?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 6:53 pm
Le_Fort_or_Bust
(@le_fort_or_bust)
100+ Forum Posts

Of course it works for teenagers, but for people in 20+, a whole nother issue

30 yo, need to expand palate, move maxilla upward and forward, reduce gonial angle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 7:10 pm
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

Have you ever recorded your Mew indicator line?

just measured now, my nose tip is bulbous but I get anywhere from 41 to 44mm.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/09/2018 9:42 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Best way to measure @neveragain is to place the ruler on your bottom incisors and then take a pic so you can actually see where the furthest nose tip is.

And nose shape doesn't matter as Mew lines are based on averages of multiple types of noses. If you see the pic below you can see that with two very different nose types the Mew line of these two men would be very similar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 12:45 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: ben

Hope this helps!

Thanks ben! Now I remember seeing some of these other posts. It might be a good idea for neveragain to make one summary post in the results thread.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 1:45 am
Slinky
(@slinky)
100+ Forum Posts

incredible results. Can you post some pics from the front as well?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 9:06 am
hiamspoderman
(@hiamspoderman)
10+ Forum Posts

Holy [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated], you're a legend on lookism, i gotta take this opportunity to ask:
1. did you have dark under eye before mewing and if so did mewing help?
2. do you spread your tongue against your teeth or just push straight up
3. when did you first realize that you had ascended? what was going on at the time?
and
4. how many times have you been cold approached by girls?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 3:31 pm
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: hiamspoderman

Holy [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated], you're a legend on lookism, i gotta take this opportunity to ask:
1. did you have dark under eye before mewing and if so did mewing help?
2. do you spread your tongue against your teeth or just push straight up
3. when did you first realize that you had ascended? what was going on at the time?
and
4. how many times have you been cold approached by girls?

1. Slightly and yes. My skin tone is amazing now.

2. Read my post on page 1. Naturally both should occur.

3. All of my friends kept claiming I looked different/better but couldn't pinpoint why. I was shocked at how candid they were. This was after maybe 6 months of mewing and 3 months of facepulling.

4. During daytime/class maybe 6 times. Some were blatantly like "hey you're really cute, do you have a gf?" but that sort of thing is almost impossibly rare. During drinking events/going out I've lost count of the number of times girls have approached and propositioned me for hookups. Pre-mewing and chewing this count = 0.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/09/2018 7:23 pm
test151515
(@test151515)
10+ Forum Posts

Really glad for your progress. I want to ask you a few questions.

As you push upwards constantly, do you do so with your upper and lower teeth in contact or do you let them be slightly separated? I find myself that I tend to want to have them slightly separated when I actively push upwards.

Do you sleep with your upper and lower teeth in contact or slightly separated?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 8:40 pm
alfio liked
megamandude
(@megamandude)
100+ Forum Posts

What age did you start mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 11:09 pm
Silver
(@silver)
100+ Forum Posts

What is it like to become handsome? (Not just with respect to hooking up)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2018 11:48 pm
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: test151515

Really glad for your progress. I want to ask you a few questions.

As you push upwards constantly, do you do so with your upper and lower teeth in contact or do you let them be slightly separated? I find myself that I tend to want to have them slightly separated when I actively push upwards.

Do you sleep with your upper and lower teeth in contact or slightly separated?

The teeth are never in direct contact except when I intermittently clench my jaw to relieve pressure/stiffness. 

My teeth only ever hover 1mm away from each other. 

I actually only sleep on my side. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2018 12:41 am
test151515 and alfio liked
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Silver

I wouldn't really describe myself as handsome tbh but improving my looks means some people will treat you way better, a decent number will be very dismissive of you and basically leer at you until you approach and speak to them. At that point they become shy. I'm also quite tall at 6'2 with a deep voice and naturally larger frame so I tend to induce a certain degree of stress in certain men/women. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2018 12:44 am
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: megamandude

What age did you start mewing?

I was 18 years old. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2018 12:47 am
Silver
(@silver)
100+ Forum Posts

I wouldn't really describe myself as handsome tbh but improving my looks means some people will treat you way better, a decent number will be very dismissive of you and basically leer at you until you approach and speak to them. At that point they become shy. I'm also quite tall at 6'2 with a deep voice and naturally larger frame so I tend to induce a certain degree of stress in certain men/women. 

Ah, that's cool! Good for you, man.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 1:05 am
tumbandjumb
(@tumbandjumb)
10+ Forum Posts

You know it's crazy how differently people treat you.. I'm not as far along in my journey (been mewing like 4 months, but have had dramatic change for the timespan) and I've even noticed the shift in how people perceive me, generally speaking. It may be a combination of factors (like how changing your posture makes people perceive you more positively when you stand up straight), but I think the majority of the reason is because of how much healthier and better my face looks. People who haven't seen me in years mention that I look great and healthy and if you know my health history, its anything but that. But the point is, it definitely changes a lot. I'm excited what my persistent hardmewing will result in, come a few years considering how awesome your changes were. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 1:20 am
EddieMoney, test151515, neveragain and 3 people liked
Angelina
(@madeira09)
10+ Forum Posts

Hi jamo! I dont have any questions to ask, the questions i would have liked to ask are already asked by others, but i would like to thank you for appearing here and giving us hope and stimuli to move on with mewing! Im happy for you and happy for myself because from now on im going to mew like crazy :)) GREAT results!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 2:39 am
You liked
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

so to sum up in terms of technique.. please tell me if i'm getting this wrong

1. huge tongue pressure forwards, upwards and outwards across as much of the palate as possible

2. teeth not in contact when mewing

3. strong spine/neck/head/chin tuck posture to not only counteract the forces of the tongue but to FORCE the tongue to create lots of pressure in order to counteract this body posture and keep the teeth apart

4. tongue at the "tip" i.e behind incisors at all stages of development?

5. suction hold?

6. mouth always closed when possible and lips in a relaxed/touching state

7. don't get overzealous with gum chewing if you experience pain. tongue strength is more important

8. doesn't rate beltpulling highly as a treatment but is good for understanding bodily mechanisms

9. side sleep and don't use a pillow. i'll have to experiment with this but personally it makes my head uncomfortable and cold. will have to evaluate if the slight improvement in chintucking is worth sacrificing comfort

10. be very tall and have a deep voice + imposing frame

do you think that the huge tongue pressure speeds up the rate of development due to pressure alone or would you say that having a very strong tongue means it's more likely that your tongue will be pressing more consistently/less likely to fall off of the palate.

personally i do all of these things except the pillow and teeth apart. I've always clenched my teeth and now i'm starting to get mad because i think it has been a big reason my progress has slowed down cuz it limits lateral teeth movement

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 5:05 am
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

so to sum up in terms of technique.. please tell me if i'm getting this wrong

1. huge tongue pressure forwards, upwards and outwards across as much of the palate as possible

2. teeth not in contact when mewing

3. strong spine/neck/head/chin tuck posture to not only counteract the forces of the tongue but to FORCE the tongue to create lots of pressure in order to counteract this body posture and keep the teeth apart

4. tongue at the "tip" i.e behind incisors at all stages of development?

5. suction hold?

6. mouth always closed when possible and lips in a relaxed/touching state

7. don't get overzealous with gum chewing if you experience pain. tongue strength is more important

8. doesn't rate beltpulling highly as a treatment but is good for understanding bodily mechanisms

9. side sleep and don't use a pillow. i'll have to experiment with this but personally it makes my head uncomfortable and cold. will have to evaluate if the slight improvement in chintucking is worth sacrificing comfort

10. be very tall and have a deep voice + imposing frame

do you think that the huge tongue pressure speeds up the rate of development due to pressure alone or would you say that having a very strong tongue means it's more likely that your tongue will be pressing more consistently/less likely to fall off of the palate.

personally i do all of these things except the pillow and teeth apart. I've always clenched my teeth and now i'm starting to get mad because i think it has been a big reason my progress has slowed down cuz it limits lateral teeth movement

Close but not perfect. 

The key to doing well is using good head posture aka a chin tuck to initiate and maintain the mewing as the force to withstand via the tongue. There is no need to suction your tongue to the roof. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2018 5:15 am
ayla mao liked
krollic
(@krollic)
500+ Forum Posts

we need more discussion on the suction hold but unfortunately i'm not well versed with it

@eddiemoney 

some people here + mike mew / hornsby etc say that the post palate suction hold is important for rotating the maxilla forward/upward and keeping the posterior third up 

@neveragain could you address my question below (10. plz? cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 5:30 am
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: tumbandjumb

You know it's crazy how differently people treat you.. I'm not as far along in my journey (been mewing like 4 months, but have had dramatic change for the timespan) and I've even noticed the shift in how people perceive me, generally speaking. It may be a combination of factors (like how changing your posture makes people perceive you more positively when you stand up straight), but I think the majority of the reason is because of how much healthier and better my face looks. People who haven't seen me in years mention that I look great and healthy and if you know my health history, its anything but that. But the point is, it definitely changes a lot. I'm excited what my persistent hardmewing will result in, come a few years considering how awesome your changes were. 

4 months for this level of change is awesome.  What's your routine? Are you hard mewing like Jamo as well?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 8:25 am
Tienermoeder
(@tienermoeder)
10+ Forum Posts

Once you get really conscious about your body, neck and tongue posture like Jamo said, then you'll start seeing results - It was hard for me in the begin and failed keeping this up for a long enough time for my body's sutures to open, muscles to be balanced for proper support of the bones. In the end it's the muscles that's keeps the bones at place. 

You do the same when you go to the gym, if your posture is bad you train the incorrect muscles and start to deteriorate your body, just like incorrect posture of the neck and face muscles does to that part of your skeletal structure.

I've removed the retainer wire behind my front (never had one for the bottom teeth) and now my tongue is making it get in place much easier, I don't recommend doing this if your muscles aren't balanced the way it should, not holding the skeletal structure the way that's most beneficial for your other organs and  - because our genetic code of bones and muscles are designed so that we can adapt to our environment making us more durable and survive longer, because that's what the body wants in the end, be it consciously or subconsciously.

I've got something to think about - aka a question: I've actually tried to measure my tongue length horizontally, which is 50 mm right now. My IMW is 43 mm right now. It used to be 39 mm.  I suppose this would be my genetic limit for my palate size, what do you guys think? Do you guys think if the muscle gets stronger it'll increase much in size too? or will it get flatter and increase the width (horizontal length) pushing on the roof of the mouth.

And by the way Jamo you looking real good man, no h**o hahah. I remember you from BreakTM, love the information you sharing, while showing your results. Hopefully it'll motivate people enough to be conscious about this and be disciplined enough to keep it up long enough till your subconscious (in this case the bones n muscles) takes over.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 1:29 pm
gubbbbb
(@gubbbbb)
50+ Forum Posts

whats your time frame/ starting age? im assuming late teens right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 1:32 pm
Tienermoeder
(@tienermoeder)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: gubbbbb

whats your time frame/ starting age? im assuming late teens right?

Ionno if dis was to me or Jamo, but Jamo said he started at 18 y/o.

I started 3 years ago, 21 y/o. --> 2 years on n off --> 23 y/o until now 24y/o I started taking this more seriously: sitting in good posture. I've been working out the muscles that are good for posture - AthleanX on youtube has many good videos about postural muscle training.

Chintucked started 6 months ago, stretching the back of the neck, which feels great to be honest - it gets the tongue against the roof really hard for me and the harder i push my tongue the more i felt the muscles in my neck stretching at the begin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2018 1:57 pm
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts

we need more discussion on the suction hold but unfortunately i'm not well versed with it

@eddiemoney 

some people here + mike mew / hornsby etc say that the post palate suction hold is important for rotating the maxilla forward/upward and keeping the posterior third up 

Lol, hopefully both man. 

You have to reach a point where your body wants to get better, and you'll know when you've reached it. Nothing in nature is designed to make you less healthy. If you were healthy as a kid with wide airways and you don't have those now, it's not your genes, it's the environment. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2018 1:14 am
alika1 and liked
Rockyp33
(@rockyp33)
500+ Forum Posts

Damn i guess i mustve been wrong about mewing teeth slightly together ill try to follow those ten steps and see how i do. @krollic you might have a point with the jaw closed i could see how it could restrict expansion maybe keeping bite closed is a minor form of clenching which might mean the jaw is doing too much work and the tongue should be doing more

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2018 1:38 am
drunkwithcoffee
(@drunkwithcoffee)
200+ Forum Posts

@eddiemoney 

Lol, hopefully both man. 

You have to reach a point where your body wants to get better, and you'll know when you've reached it. Nothing in nature is designed to make you less healthy. If you were healthy as a kid with wide airways and you don't have those now, it's not your genes, it's the environment. 

Jamo, I started hard mewing again after reading your posts.  Question - when I push with my tongue, my digastric muscle (the muscle beneath the chin) hyptertrophies.  I'm worried this will give me double chin if I keep working it.  Is this a concern? Am I doing it wrong?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2018 1:12 am
neveragain
(@neveragain)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

@eddiemoney 

Lol, hopefully both man. 

Jamo, I started hard mewing again after reading your posts.  Question - when I push with my tongue, my digastric muscle (the muscle beneath the chin) hyptertrophies.  I'm worried this will give me double chin if I keep working it.  Is this a concern? Am I doing it wrong?

That can definitely happen. It's probably not ideal. If you most of the (upward) force is coming from the chin tuck you should be able to mitigate this effect. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/10/2018 7:46 am
Page 1 / 3

THE GREAT WORK