Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Help Please (breathing issues indepth)  

RSS
Parks

Okay. So. I had braces for two years, I got them at 15, and got them off a few months after my 17th birthday. Everything was all fun and games until they put the brackets in. I will share I had my fair share of crazy attached to them. But I knew what I was talking about apparently; however, when threatening to take them off and crying, my Mom sent me to the mental hospital. 10/10 right? She should have listened. I was such a frequenter of the mental hospital that they never got adjusted correctly and I only had a 5% "correction"- more like a 50% face f*ck. Short story I guess the orthodontist preyed on my insecurities and destroyed my functioning chewing, talking, and respiratory system- and somehow what little self esteem I had. It's hard to breathe even in my chest, sometimes through my nose, and I have to stop my sentences often to breathe properly (through my nose). It goes to my chest and even stomach at times. I can only press the first 1/3-2/3 to the top of my mouth and I twist my tongue naturally when I sunction, and only about 1/2 gets up their width wise. cause of my teeth. I have a tongue tie and CANNOT get it fixed.I'm not looking for miracles, just solutions. Also my face is uber fleshy now. My lip area can be stretched so much making me look like i pulled dead flesh over a skeleton- accurate description, not exaggeration. It gave me an uber double chin, and I feel the breathing in my chin. It's hard to even do fetal position breathing now. My favorite position when life becomes overwhelming. Ideas?. Now I have a 75% overbite or malocclusion. also i have issues in how i feel when i walk now, neck, chest, my jaw and throat, shoulders. It's rather depressing. sometimes very minute things in vision and in the muscles surrounding my eyes and face. The breathing problem didn't start until I had them taken off. It took a while for things to get bad, like a month or two. it started in my jaw, nose and neck, and then soon reached my chest and stomach. I also have an uncomfortable time holding my head up, and it feels like my skull shifted as a whole like 3/4 of it just shifted and cracked. Any ideas to improve quality of life- ranging from full body to jaw stuff?Please help me. I'm not doing so bueno anymore, emotionally and mentally. I'm slowly breaking down and quite often want to die. 

Posted : 03/07/2019 5:03 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

This is probably the final motivator me to use a pair of pliers to get these cruel, life ruining braces off. Plus it's only one tooth to get straight. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 7:09 pm
Parks

maybe you could just remove the wire by cutting it. Also, maybe there is some sort of substance used to dissolve the cement; also; its only $400 out of pocket to get braces removed, at least it was for me. try going to a seperate ortho, so y'know, insurance doesn't catch you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 8:36 pm