Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Headgear Retracted Maxilla & New Ways To Promote Growth?  

RSS
BurlapMantra

Hello, 

New here.  I had retractive headgear and braces at about age 9-10.  My smile after that point was always kind of shadowy and dark and does not support my lips as my teeth and probably my maxilla and teeth were pushed backwards in my head. (Thanks parents & orthodontist) My smile is not nice looking. I also developed problems with fatigue at that point.  My airway on xrays looks quite narrow (2mm from the side).  I am an adult.  Are there any non-surgical ways to move the maxilla forward that are either available or are being researched?

My mandible is also small. I gather that a lot of people here are looking for counterclockwise motion in the mandible? I personally would not mind some downward growth with mine because I think the headgear also pushed my maxilla upwards. My smile is the opposite of gummy.

I just want to throw this out here: have any researchers thought of poking holes in bones or otherwise causing microdamage to bones that need change or expansion, creating a sort of growth-promoting or higher plasticity environment more amenable to growth and change and then also applying force in the direction of desired movement?  Microinjuries cause the release of growth factors. Poking holes in bones make them temporarily less dense and may make changes in bone easier. Just a crazy, intriguing thought that I had. Don't try this at home, obviously.  Also, several peptides (such as BPC-157) are currently available that interact with growth hormone and healing pathways I wonder if these could assist with growth under these circumstances.

See Wilkedontics: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4740718/

Thanks!

Posted : 10/11/2019 2:32 pm
jbsims

Hi. Have you seen this site? Have you see this product? I also had headgear. I think if you can click on my username and find my old posts you can read my story.

Jim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2019 7:35 pm
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register