Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Have to "cup" my tongue to fit between teeth and onto palate; any precautions I should take?  

RSS
johndoe1225

Hey everyone

I have to "cup" my tongue a little bit (fold is probably a better word) to fit it completely in between my upper teeth and make sure it touches the palate. 

One of my issues is that it feels like sometimes I have to choose between applying lateral force when swallowing (and I can really feel a lot of force on my teeth when I do this) to create more tongue space, or upwards/forwards force on my palate.  It feels like it's pretty hard to do BOTH effectively at the same time, or maybe I AM doing it right and it just doesn't feel like it...I try to chin tuck and stuff but it's complicated because of the way I have to contort my tongue.

Any warnings or suggestions for me?  My main worry is that if I angle my tongue to fit up there and then apply force on the palate with my more pointy instead of flat tongue, that I might only push my palate up which scares me.

Thanks!

This topic was modified 1 week ago 2 times by johndoe1225
Posted : 09/09/2019 5:50 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register