Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Has anyone with a torus palatinus expanded their palate without an appliance?  

RSS
Silver
(@silver)

I stopped trying to mew because I'm pretty sure I can't expand my palate to actually apply the correct force vectors to grow my maxilla forward 🙁 I think I was previously just rotating it one way or the other.

Is mewing possible for those of us with the cursed fused transverse palatine suture?

Also! I think everyone on this forum would find this interesting:  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/47631835_On_the_Etiology_and_Significance_of_Palatal_and_Mandibular_Tori  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 12:55 am
Skull
(@skull)
Estimable Member

There's only one way to find out I guess, try it. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 2:29 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I was encouraged by your previous thread reporting a reduction in your torus palatinus (  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/as-my-face-has-improved-i-can-feel-and-see-that-my-torus-palatinus-has-decreased/ ), so I'm sorry to hear that you now don't think it has changed. I submitted a question to Dr. Mew on this topic in the last Q/A.

Posted by: Apollo

Does a torus palatinus and/or buccal exostoses have any impact on adult palate expansion? Is it still possible to separate the midpalatal suture with a torus palatinus? Will palate expansion reduce the prominence of either a torus palatinus or buccal exostoses?

I've increased my intermolar width by 4mm using a removable palate expander. In a recent summary of my progress, I reported little change in the appearance of the torus itself but maybe less prominence because the rest of the roof of my mouth might have flattened out a little closer to the level of the torus.

Posted by: Apollo

I think my torus palatinus looks about the same, but maybe the roof of my mouth around the torus has flattened out slightly closer to its level.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 3:41 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Silver

I stopped trying to mew because I'm pretty sure I can't expand my palate to actually apply the correct force vectors to grow my maxilla forward 🙁 I think I was previously just rotating it one way or the other.

Is mewing possible for those of us with the cursed fused transverse palatine suture?

Also! I think everyone on this forum would find this interesting:  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/47631835_On_the_Etiology_and_Significance_of_Palatal_and_Mandibular_Tori  

You've managed rotation? See that's what I want. My palate width is fine in and of itself. What besides mewing do you do? I know that's off topic but pm me if you want

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 4:12 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

I'm trying to do that right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 4:17 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register