Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Has anyone had treatment from dr. Charles Smith (Germany)

Europian1111

Please, tell about your experience. I've contacted him in hopes of getting a consultation time. Did he reply fast?

Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2019 8:09 am
chickenita

Yes, I am still in treatment there. My TMD got a lot better with the use of the DNA Appliance. My experience is that he knows a lot more about breathing, mewing and TMD in comparison to normal German orthodontists. But - I guess you already know - most German orthodontists don't know anything about those subjects.

So he was the only one willing or able to treat me (young adult, retractive braces as a teen, Angle Class III) with a removable appliance.  He seems to be very busy as there are a lot of people with problems after retractive braces but only few practitioners able to help those people. I have already recommended him to some other TMD-patients and at least three of them went to see him. If you will be treated there I would advise you to stay responsible for your success. So if you need myofunctional therapy or physiotherapy -> ask them. If you have questions -> ask. I even asked him what he thinks about RAGGA instead of FAGGA in my case. He reacted quite positively and we will do it like I suggested.

In my opinion the only way to overcome severe TMD is to take responsibility for one's health. Any doctor can only help you on your way but the person on this way is always you.

Back to topic: As far as I know he is not in office this week. I guess you can contact him next week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 1:11 pm
Europian1111

Thank you for your reply Chickenita. Do you live in Germany? I hope he gets back to me next week. 

My problem is very narrow dental arches and too little space for my tongue. I cannot maintain the correct oral posture because of it. My airways are narrow and I have trouble breathing. I am interested in AGGA appliance. The only problem is that it is so expensive and there are no holistic practicioners in my country.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2019 3:15 pm
hello123g
Posted by: Europian1111

Please, tell about your experience. I've contacted him in hopes of getting a consultation time. Did he reply fast?

I live in Germany. I found him through a recommendation by Dr. Randi in Missouri,  USA. He recommended me a AGGA Appliance. For my case it costs 10000€. I'll start my treatment in a few months. I have case 1. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 6:58 pm
hello123g

Hey there,

can I ask how old you are? I'm 20 and will start with FAGGA soon. Can you let us updated how your side profile changed? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 7:02 pm
Europian1111

Lucky you Hello123g 🙂 I would have to travel every month.  

What does case 1 mean? That your case is not very bad? Did you have a consultation time with him? How much did he charge for that? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/03/2019 2:04 am
hello123g

Hey there,

thanks. I'm so glad that I found Dr.Smith. He's the only one in Germany. 

I have a health insurance so he charged me the x-ray scan cost. It was around 65€. My FAGGA and braces treatment will cost as I said 10000€, because my health insurance do not pay anything for the treatment. Dr. Smith has a website. You can email them for more information, they're very helpful and friendly. 

There are as far I'm imformed 3 types of maccolusion. Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3. These Classes describe basically the: "misalignment or incorrect relation between the teeth of the two dental arches when they approach each other as the jaws close.".

You can also google it, in case you want to know more about it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 10:26 am