fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Hard mewing tounge tie and clenching pain.

Meowxilla
Trusted Member

Hello, i have been trying to go full on posture and hard mewing.

I am trying to be in chintucked position all the time when it's possible. Usually i am sitting and reading, playing or doing something on my computer.

So for maybe a week i tried to do hard mewing. First 3 days were hard since i couldn't get my 3rd up. Now i can control my posterior 3rd easily.

While chintucking is always hard. I can hard mew for long until i go out of breath due to my airway being blocked.

It was all fine. I could have continoued doing this but some complications developed.

My right side of head hurts. More precisely around temporalis but more down and back. Around beginning of rammus and end ending of mandible. Basically where is gonial angle visible. There a little inside below ear i have pain. Also my right ear feels like i have an otitis or ear infection. Had them when i was young.

So something is giving me pain.

So i started to experiment. I tried to hard mew with no theeth contact. I find this difficult. My mandible want's teeth contact. It's almost like i need to put effort to keep jaws not in teeth contact.

I tried to hard mew like that and force is much worse due to reason above but new problem arose. I can't open my mouth wide enough in order to keep hard mewing without teeth in contact?

I still don't know if pain is because of teeth contact or muscle engaging so hard. It points towards combination but leans more towards teeth being in contact.

Pain also feels like it starts from route of my last molar from right side.

When i hardmew with this method i feel my tounge tie being overstreched compromising effort i can put in. My pain area dosen't hurt more but feels like it's engaged. However when i go back to method i have been doing for last week i feel pain.

My tounge tie won't allow me to have tip of the tounge on "the spot". Now i have a choice.

Keep clenching with huge pain.

Quit hard mewing altogether.

Hard mew in new compromised position. 

Release tounge tie and hard mew in new position without compromise.

I don't know how TMJ problems feel like. This pain feels like when throath hurts during infection or cold.

Topic starter Posted : 20/01/2021 10:38 pm
CrimsonChin
Eminent Member

I just started the teeth in no contact yesterday and yes, it's difficult to keep them apart since contact is the posture I've had since day one (of having teeth anyways). Did you try that face massage I've posted a few times? I had bad clenching problems and the dentist wanted to give me a mouthguard, which I obviously didn't want, so I had real motivation to commit - I probably did it for like 20 minutes a day for a few weeks until I stopped clenching/grinding and the pain went away. Even though I still did the massage everyday, sometimes pain in my jaw/ear would come back, so I just did it even more and then it would usually subside in a day. I would imagine learning to keep my teeth apart would further teach my muscles to stay relaxed. Give it a try and see if it does anything (I would also knuckle near my ear and wherever it hurt, even if the place wasn't mentioned on the blog)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2021 3:49 pm
Meowxilla
Trusted Member

@crimsonchin

I never believed in massages but i will try it since you asked and tell you how did it go.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/01/2021 5:25 pm
sinned
Estimable Member

@meowxilla

Don't chin tuck, stop having teeth in contact. Chin tucking impinges the internal jugular vein, and teeth contact leads to clenching and tension.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2021 2:54 am
Meowxilla
Trusted Member

@crimsonchin

I did some other massage and yours. Both momentarily help a bit. Knucle massage is harder and more painful. I don't know it's effects

I realised when i chew mastic gum. My TMJ seems like it jumps, it's only happening on right side.

But it hurts when i hard mew even with teeth apart. I don't know what's going on. Chewing dosen't cause any pain yet. I don't know if it's muscle pain or an actual TMJ.

I have seen a video where pterygoid muscle is actually connected to the disk of TMJ. 

Still i think people knew this. However i don't know if pterygoid is activated when posterior  3rd is up on palate. If it is then pterygoid is pulling disk out side of it's socket and leaving nerve to be compressed.

Good thing  is pain goes away after 1 hour of not hard mewing and after sleep it is gone.

I think i will try to get suction hold agian. I failed multiple times.

Don't you need wide plate for suction hold?

EDIT:

I found another video talking about muscle contraction and trigger points of pain. This pain is caused by petrygoid muscles.

There is also pattern for temporalis and masseters. 

Funnily  enough i have pain exactly in these areas and nowhere else. It seems like my petergoyid muscles were working so hard for these 2 weeks due to hard mewing. I don't know how hard mewing impacts these muscles but for sure i don't clench that hard so that have different pain pattern related to clenching. 

Also now i have realised that tooth pain and some upper pain is actually temporalis muscle overactivation due to hard mewing. Couple months ago i have said that when i get my posterior 3rd up that i feel temporalis activation even without molar contact. So this explains pain i am feeling right now.

I think my bone needs to remodel before i can continue without any pernament damage to my TMJ. It seems like disk is connected to petergoyid muscles and me constantly contracting them might pull disk out of socket causing TMD with first grade. I don't know if that's how hard mewing usually casues TMD but seems like interesting find here.

Looking at pictures pain is located at ends of muscles where they join on bone. Don't know how that's called. 

So surely hard mewing imacts petergoyid muscles or at least stuff i was doing don't know if everybody does exactly the same thing. On a bright side i think i don't have TMD and that pain will go away within couple of days of relaxed posture.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2021 9:32 pm
sinned
Estimable Member

@meowxilla

It's probably because hard mewing pushes the mandible back and down (when your hardmewing you're usually pushing the tongue up and forwards), at least in my experience, so your jaw muscles work to counteract the force of hard mewing. It gave me similar issues, I got soreness around my TMJ and even pain. Honestly I don't think hard mewing all day is really realistic unless you're obsessed with it, I managed it for 3 months until I gave up because of TMD issues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2021 2:40 pm