Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Hard mewing probably never works at all, it's all swallowing(soft mewing) and/or chewing.  

RSS
auxiliary

As the title says, hard mewing mostly likely is just bullshit. The amount of force the tongue can generate isn't enough to change the shape of the bone or even move bones through the change of sutures. Even a trained tongue will just not put out enough force for that.

Now during swallowing the tongue and the muscles around it can actually work together to provide enough force in a short amount of time to affect the position of the bones through the flexibility of sutures and to change the shape of the bone in the long-term. I've personally gotten that, after proper swallowing I now no longer ever get runny nose in the winter, I can easily exercise using only my nose and it takes me approximately 4 seconds now to fill my lungs from 0 to 100% through nose breathing alone. With mouth breathing it's 2 seconds, not a very big difference. 

I've noticed that even though my facial shape isn't as good as some of my friends, I've noticed that those with good faces actually never mew. Every time they talk their tongue is on the lower part of the jaw and even if they don't talk you can see the tongue pushing in through their teeth. I've noticed that during sleep they all also mouth breath, yet they have excellent facial shape. They also often get runny nose. So from that I just started thinking about it and it kept making more sense. I've also noticed they all chewed food way way more than I did. 

So soft mewing is good for the position of the tongue, but hard mewing isn't. Not only hard mewing doesn't output enough force to create any kind of change, stiff muscles in the face will mostly likely prevent even more change. It's like a stiff bodybuilder trying to punch a bag, the force just doesn't flow as well when the muscles are tense than when they are relaxed through the body. But when you soft mew your tongue is in the right position so you will swallow properly which happens unconsciously a certain amount of time. 

Mike mew himself by the way advocates soft mewing only and says the swallowing is what changes the face, I don't even understand why you call the method hard mewing, should keep the guy's name out of it. 

If you want more proof just look at bruxism : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bruxism+face+shape

Notice the wide palate most people have and also very low gonial angle. Now it obviously differs per people, since some form of bruxism is actually just grinding and some is clenching. Now the faces don't look very aesthetic, this is because clenching of the teeth happens in a fully closed position, while chewing food has a few centimeters of distance between your teeth, which puts more pressure on the front of the face than the back line, so instead of a very square jawline from clenching teeth, chewing will make your face eventually change to one looking more balanced. 

Basically if you want to breath better you should focus on swallowing but if you want expansion and you're here for looks you should chew a lot, starting with low doses of 5 minutes and all the way to 1 hour a day a year later with some hard chewing gum like mastic. 

I've noticed some things like the only people with progress are the ones that mew and chew and most people that complain about no progress only mew. In my opinion it's just all about swallowing, chewing and proper head posture. Hard mewing is unnatural as [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] and probably will [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] you up in the long-term with headache problems. 

Discuss.

Posted : 18/03/2019 11:32 am
WILLIAM36563

Please tell me how to get saliva on top of tongue.

Most people say that tip goes down

but whenever I do it my buccinators get activated

That's the only thing I've been doing wrong.

I've tried cheesy swallow but it didn't work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 12:12 pm
YamiPrincess

Did Mike Mew intend that one should hard mew so that their maxilla lessens in size? and raises everything up that way? Cause I think that's not very wise. The most immersive form of Attractiveness isn't based on detail featured that everyone can achieve. Clenching is known to reduce your maxilla ultimately changing how attractive you are. Attractiveness actually comes from the distant between your left eye, to your right eye, to the center of your lips, in relation to the whole width and height of your face. Many people who don't mew have these ratios that make them really attractive. They'd lose it if the intention was to bring the lips upward through hard mewing unless the eyes go up along with it.

Studies on Attractiveness:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34482178/ns/health-skin_and_beauty/t/ideal-beauty-matter-millimeters-study-says/

This man disagrees with the maxilla and chin going up in that way but idk what mike's intention was with saying we should hard mew: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ZRkXIBIpw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 3:12 pm
YamiPrincess

In regards to getting the saliva up there is the mew push swallow but I ask a friend who always had correct oral postue if she does that and she said no. She didn't want to talk about her tongue habits to me but she said that it just collects up there some how with out her moving her tongue much. I figured she moves it up with out sucking, when I accidentally suck I just gently blow the air out with out moving my lips to avoid damage from it but I do speculate that it's possible to move spit on the top of your tongue with out the need to use your ability to suck it. I don't like mew push swallow cause it makes me feel a lot of tension on all of my front teeth which doesn't make sense to me? Aren't I trying to not move my teeth? Why does it work for him and not me? I don't know... It's best to ask people have natural posture to know the real answers for these things.

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by YamiPrincess
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 3:15 pm
universeonwheels
Posted by: WILLIAM36563

Please tell me how to get saliva on top of tongue.

Most people say that tip goes down

but whenever I do it my buccinators get activated

That's the only thing I've been doing wrong.

I've tried cheesy swallow but it didn't work.

Try puffing out your lower lip (upper too, but focus on lower) and trying to maintain utmost relaxation of the face 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 3:21 pm
auxiliary
Posted by: YamiPrincess

Did Mike Mew intend that one should hard mew so that their maxilla lessens in size? and raises everything up that way? Cause I think that's not very wise. The most immersive form of Attractiveness isn't based on detail featured that everyone can achieve. Clenching is known to reduce your maxilla ultimately changing how attractive you are. Attractiveness actually comes from the distant between your left eye, to your right eye, to the center of your lips, in relation to the whole width and height of your face. Many people who don't mew have these ratios that make them really attractive. They'd lose it if the intention was to bring the lips upward through hard mewing unless the eyes go up along with it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34482178/ns/health-skin_and_beauty/t/ideal-beauty-matter-millimeters-study-says/

This man disagrees with the maxilla and chin going up in that way but idk what mike's intention was with saying we should hard mew: 

If you read the post again, you will notice that I have said indeed clenching will make you more ugly. I also claimed that normal chewing puts the pressure on different parts of the face which makes it remodel itself the right way, simply because with chewing the jaw is a few centimeters open and then the force is being applied instead of 0cm during the clenching. 

So I don't disagree with the man in the video, since I acknowledge that during clenching with 0 cm distance between the teeth most of the force is applied on the posterior part of the face, however during chewing with the mouth slightly open a few centimeters the whole dynamic of the force changes and much more force is applied to frontal maxilla then. 

This post was modified 7 months ago by auxiliary
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 4:04 pm
YamiPrincess

I admit I didn't catch all that but that's very useful insight. I just went on a tangent thinking about what mew's perspective must be on hard mewing cause I don't fully know it. Not that any one here agrees with him on that point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 5:54 pm
WishIKnewSooner

I notice after an hour of medium to hard mewing my teeth are literally touching Differently. So the force is definitely enough to move the structures- it’s just a matter of keeping that force constant while bone grows in.

when I wake up my teeth are back to normal because i can’t mew during the night since I’m a beginner.

This post was modified 7 months ago by WishIKnewSooner
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 6:03 pm
RamonT liked
auxiliary
Posted by: WishIKnewSooner

I notice after an hour of medium to hard mewing my teeth are literally touching Differently. So the force is definitely enough to move the structures- it’s just a matter of keeping that force constant while bone grows in.

when I wake up my teeth are back to normal because i can’t mew during the night since I’m a beginner.

Never said mewing won't move teeth, it will change their angle, that's true. That's because the flesh that holds the teeth is very sensitive to pressure. We're talking about bone movement or bone remodeling, which requires much more force. 

So no your mewing according to yourself did not move anything worth moving. You need to rotate the maxilla at least.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2019 7:11 pm
WishIKnewSooner

What’s “worth moving” varies in definition depending on the context. A tooth that has shifted to make way for the tongue eventually does lead to a change in bone structure. This is exactly how palatial expansion works. You push the teeth out first then the bone follows with time.

Also your premise doesn’t quite make sense since with hard mewing you can generate just as much if not more force than swallowing alone. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 2:16 am
Slinky
Trusted Member

But neveragain and Achilles have achieved impressive results from hard mewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 5:17 am
AlphaMinus
Estimable Member
Posted by: Slinky

But neveragain and Achilles have achieved impressive results from hard mewing

That's debatable. Nothing about their before/after photos is convincing or conclusive in my eyes. Until people start taking proper scientific measurements, these "results" are always going to be up in the air.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 2:37 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Trusted Member

I believe the jury is still out on hard mewing, but thank you for your thoughts, as they made me pay more attention to my swallow after reading them last night.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 3:59 pm
Youssef El Kaisi

Personally, im 17 yo with 38mm IMW been mewing correctly for 4 months or so (chewing properly not gum though, swallowing and all that), and no virtual change on IMW nor esthetical. I think that for my age I should have had atleast 1 mm of expansion, or some change in teeth, but nothing happened ( still I dont regret it  because it has helped my body posture). Now I will try out hard mewing for 4 more months to see if it works. I got good befores and will do afters in the same conditions. Although it would be just one case, by comparation we could move forward regards our vision on hardmewing. Then, after those 4 months, i will try chewing gum to prove if your hypothesis is true.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Youssef El Kaisi

Youssef

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 4:40 pm
auxiliary
Posted by: WishIKnewSooner

What’s “worth moving” varies in definition depending on the context. A tooth that has shifted to make way for the tongue eventually does lead to a change in bone structure. This is exactly how palatial expansion works. You push the teeth out first then the bone follows with time.

Also your premise doesn’t quite make sense since with hard mewing you can generate just as much if not more force than swallowing alone. 

During the swallowing your muscles all work together to create one force, instead of only one muscle creating constant tension. The muscle can also output more force once every few times then every second in prolonged duration. 

And no, the bone won't follow the teeth. Lol!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 4:55 pm
auxiliary

There's a possibility a certain form of hard mewing would work. I got it from this thread : https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/new-theory-about-maxilla-rotation/

It made a lot of sense, since that's how I learned to swallow and that's what let me breath so much freely through my nose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2019 6:36 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member

I've been swallowing correctly my entire life yet have have some downswing. I also started mewing at 17 and to be honest haven't seen any results so far. My palate is above average for modern norms; 39-40mm imw approx. Subconcious tongue posture since young age is the most important thing and everything else comes afterwards 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 12:01 am
Sailor87

When I learned about all this, the only thing I had allways been doing was swallowing correctly, and I still have a somewhat recessed chin, and small overbite. And I think I can generate alot more force by hard mewing than by swallowing. When I press all that I can, I can feel the pressure different places in my skull, depending on the direction of the push. I believe hard mewing is key, but is probably also a little risky with regards to creating asymmetries.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 5:10 am
Diana
Posted by: auxiliary

As the title says, hard mewing mostly likely is just bullshit. The amount of force the tongue can generate isn't enough to change the shape of the bone or even move bones through the change of sutures. Even a trained tongue will just not put out enough force for that.

Now during swallowing the tongue and the muscles around it can actually work together to provide enough force in a short amount of time to affect the position of the bones through the flexibility of sutures and to change the shape of the bone in the long-term. I've personally gotten that, after proper swallowing I now no longer ever get runny nose in the winter, I can easily exercise using only my nose and it takes me approximately 4 seconds now to fill my lungs from 0 to 100% through nose breathing alone. With mouth breathing it's 2 seconds, not a very big difference. 

I've noticed that even though my facial shape isn't as good as some of my friends, I've noticed that those with good faces actually never mew. Every time they talk their tongue is on the lower part of the jaw and even if they don't talk you can see the tongue pushing in through their teeth. I've noticed that during sleep they all also mouth breath, yet they have excellent facial shape. They also often get runny nose. So from that I just started thinking about it and it kept making more sense. I've also noticed they all chewed food way way more than I did. 

So soft mewing is good for the position of the tongue, but hard mewing isn't. Not only hard mewing doesn't output enough force to create any kind of change, stiff muscles in the face will mostly likely prevent even more change. It's like a stiff bodybuilder trying to punch a bag, the force just doesn't flow as well when the muscles are tense than when they are relaxed through the body. But when you soft mew your tongue is in the right position so you will swallow properly which happens unconsciously a certain amount of time. 

Mike mew himself by the way advocates soft mewing only and says the swallowing is what changes the face, I don't even understand why you call the method hard mewing, should keep the guy's name out of it. 

If you want more proof just look at bruxism : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bruxism+face+shape

Notice the wide palate most people have and also very low gonial angle. Now it obviously differs per people, since some form of bruxism is actually just grinding and some is clenching. Now the faces don't look very aesthetic, this is because clenching of the teeth happens in a fully closed position, while chewing food has a few centimeters of distance between your teeth, which puts more pressure on the front of the face than the back line, so instead of a very square jawline from clenching teeth, chewing will make your face eventually change to one looking more balanced. 

Basically if you want to breath better you should focus on swallowing but if you want expansion and you're here for looks you should chew a lot, starting with low doses of 5 minutes and all the way to 1 hour a day a year later with some hard chewing gum like mastic. 

I've noticed some things like the only people with progress are the ones that mew and chew and most people that complain about no progress only mew. In my opinion it's just all about swallowing, chewing and proper head posture. Hard mewing is unnatural as [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] and probably will [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] you up in the long-term with headache problems. 

Discuss.

Personally I think the force that chewing and clenching generate has a bigger impact on facial structure than mewing does directly but mewing affects the bite that might affect how the force of the jaw is distributed on the maxilla.

There are definitly people who have a balanced face without having the back of the tongue pressed against the roof of the mouth but maybe they have during swallowing.

My imw is 44 without proper tongue posture, just from nosebreathing and teeth clenching during the night i guess. But the back of my tongue does not fit comfortably between my back molars so mewing could still make it wider. Maybe i have a tongue broader than avarage.

If i had a long face i would definitly focus on chewing and nosebreathing, keeping my lips together in resting position. Biting can generate a force on the maxilla that equals 90 kg or about 200 pounds. I would mew to expand the palate and improve my bite, not pressing my maxilla back in shape, and maybe thats how others reason aswell. But using a little more force maybe or probably is more effective when it comes to expanding the palate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 6:02 am
Diana

What are you basing that on? What knowledge or experience do you have that makes you have an idea about the force necessary to affect the sutures? Do you think its possible that the tongue can generate equal or more force than an expander? Because an expander affects the sutures of the palate. I have to use some force to even get my tongue up in between my back molars, because it wont fit there comfortably on its own. Swallowing alone wont even make it place itself there but a combination of swallowing and consciously focusing and pushing up in that area will.

Notice the wide palate most people have and also very low gonial angle. Now it obviously differs per people, since some form of bruxism is actually just grinding and some is clenching. Now the faces don't look very aesthetic, this is because clenching of the teeth happens in a fully closed position, while chewing food has a few centimeters of distance between your teeth, which puts more pressure on the front of the face than the back line

When someone has posted a photo of a face online in relation to bruxism it is probably going to be a face that has had a negative effect from bruxism in some way. Either "too big" jawmuscles, like on a female, or teeth beeing grinded down causing a too short lower part of the face and a deep bite. Grinding or clenching does not necessarily cause more force on the back of the maxilla. I think i read that the teeth that are most commonly affected are the first molars.

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Diana
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 6:25 am
YamiPrincess

@auxiliarus , I just discovered why Mike Mew said we should have our teeth shut. It's because mewing moves the upper jaw, and movement tends to make it fall lower despite going forward if there is no support. He also said an overbite can be corrected via bottom front teeth pushing the top front teeth. I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience but I think having an open bite is worse now. How ever I think some form of biting may still alter the distance between the eyes but I have zero knowledge on that.

I'm kind of wanting to experiment with front teeth biting since I think I made my face longer since I started mewing, but I'm not going to do it until I'm sure it won't affect my eyes... truth is it probably does... I wonder what to do in this situation cause my lengthing after mewing looks really bad 🙁

This post was modified 7 months ago by YamiPrincess
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 4:33 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

lips wont move by bringing maxila upwards.

most people with maxila bad position have the center of the lips above the teeth or near it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 4:42 pm
YamiPrincess

@dm222 is it possible that you could show me examples?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 4:46 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

@dm222 is it possible that you could show me examples?

me... go to my topic...

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/anyone-here-with-fat-lips/

my face had excessive downwards growth and the lips stayed at the same place...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 4:57 pm
RamonT
Eminent Member

Discuss.

I could not disagree with the post more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 5:36 pm
Achilles1 liked
Breezy89

I have to disagree with this theory. It goes against certain laws of physics - the degree to which a surface will be affected by force applied on a certain vector over time. It also goes against wolff’s law - that bone will remodel over time when consistent forces are applied. The greater the force, the quicker/degree of change/remodelling will occur.

The only problem with hard mewing is that it can cause adverse effects and asymmetry if the entire surface of the tongue is not pressed against the upper palette (roof of mouth), if the upper palette is already too narrow, or if the person has severe CFD or asymmetry.

I personally have noticed quicker results when I started hard mewing - my cheekbones literally popped out and forwards within 2 months of hard mewing. I literally had no visible cheekbones before.

I am not advocating hard mewing for everyone as it may affect people differently for the reasons I mentioned. However, it definitely worked for me as I already had a pretty wide palette to begin with so it was easier for me to engage my entire tongue after very little expansion. 

I’ll post a link to my progress soon

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Breezy89
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 11:20 pm
RamonT liked
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

Here is my strategy. Will report in a few months with results.

Making an analogy with weight training:

• hard mewing = heavy weights, 80-85+ % 1RM, low reps, strength training
  • soft mewing = light - medium weights, medium to high reps, bodybuilding training

I want to combine both types of training

The majority of the time I soft mew, and everyday, I schedule hard mewing (maximal force applied) sessions lasting 10-20m, 1 - 3 times / day.

Trying to do hard mewing all day feels extremely hard, and my gut feeling tells me it's not right

This post was modified 7 months ago 3 times by GreekGodBrody
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 2:29 am
RamonT liked
YamiPrincess

@GreekGodBrody When you say hard mewing you mean tongue pressure right? Tongue touching the side teeth will make the whole upper jaw fall lower, I think hard mewing would only support such a tragedy.

Unless you want lower lips and an overbite, don't recommend it.

Tongue should be rested and in the most center it could be.

This post was modified 7 months ago by YamiPrincess
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 2:41 am
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

@GreekGodBrody When you say hard mewing you mean tongue pressure right? Tongue touching the side teeth will make the whole upper jaw fall lower, I think hard mewing would only support such a tragedy.

Unless you want lower lips and an overbite, don't recommend it.

Tongue should be rested and in the most center it could be.

I mean tongue pressure on the whole palate, providing upwards, forward and lateral force.

I strive to not touch the side teeth, but the tongue does naturally touch the gums.

I am a bit confused and worried.

If your tongue only sits in the center, that means you're doing it wrong, wouldn't it, cause that means you're not covering your whole palate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 4:21 am
RamonT
Eminent Member
Posted by: Breezy89

I have to disagree with this theory. It goes against certain laws of physics - the degree to which a surface will be affected by force applied on a certain vector over time. It also goes against wolff’s law - that bone will remodel over time when consistent forces are applied. The greater the force, the quicker/degree of change/remodelling will occur.

The only problem with hard mewing is that it can cause adverse effects and asymmetry if the entire surface of the tongue is not pressed against the upper palette (roof of mouth), if the upper palette is already too narrow, or if the person has severe CFD or asymmetry.

I personally have noticed quicker results when I started hard mewing - my cheekbones literally popped out and forwards within 2 months of hard mewing. I literally had no visible cheekbones before.

I am not advocating hard mewing for everyone as it may affect people differently for the reasons I mentioned. However, it definitely worked for me as I already had a pretty wide palette to begin with so it was easier for me to engage my entire tongue after very little expansion. 

I’ll post a link to my progress soon

I totally agree with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 11:09 am
Tomate

Dr. Mew does explain in one of his videos how he is squishing chewing gum on his palate as a practice. Isn’t that basically “hard mewing”?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2019 8:26 am
Silberman

Yes, it is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2019 8:42 am
mateogon
Posted by: @greekgodbrody

• hard mewing = heavy weights, 80-85+ % 1RM, low reps, strength training
  • soft mewing = light - medium weights, medium to high reps, bodybuilding training

The majority of the time I soft mew, and everyday, I schedule hard mewing (maximal force applied) sessions lasting 10-20m, 1 - 3 times / day.

Trying to do hard mewing all day feels extremely hard, and my gut feeling tells me it's not right

Agree. Your tongue is a muscle. If one had perfect tongue posture since born, it would have got pretty strong by now. So, hard mewing will make the tongue catch up to the strength it should have. This would also increase the resting pressure on the palate, producing more constant force.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2019 9:33 am
Silberman
Posted by: @greekgodbrody

• hard mewing = heavy weights, 80-85+ % 1RM, low reps, strength training

Trying to do hard mewing all day feels extremely hard, and my gut feeling tells me it's not right

This is internet discussion in a nut shell. "Will report in a few months with results." Then nothing.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Silberman
ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2019 10:03 am
luckylady

@yamiprincess

Is this for real? The right side of my tongue doesn’t completely fit in my palate, so it has to touch my molars. What am I supposed to do in this case?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2019 12:03 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I don't agree with chewing being super necessary for good facial ratios. It won't affect your midface, nor will it even affect how your lips look.

Proper oral posture combined with resting facial muscle tone is key. Hard vs soft mewing to me is relative. At first mewing was hard for me and I felt like I was straining. But eventually I got better and now all I do is "soft Mew" but my tongue probably provides even more pressure since my use of it has improved.

Chewing might be good for developing the masseters which I suppose can help add width to the face. Unfortunately widening a face doesn't change ratios. It just looks more wide and the features themselves take up less space in the whole face. The ratios remain unchanged. So an unattractive face just becomes unattractive and wide.

Chewing may affect the ratios upwards of facial shortening occurs. This would only be ideal if someone's face is long. However some men have short faces and shortening them further would make things worse. Women with short faces are cuter but even for girls there is a limit to where her face would look too squished. So shortness isn't always desirable either for girls.

In other words, too many factors require a customized solution. Some may need to chew more. Some less. I don't chew at all. For me, facial width does matter since braces lengthened my face horribly. However, my width has come from my cheekbones popping out, not my masseters. If anything, my medial pterygoid muscles need more engagement to position my mandible correctly. That has made my face more proportioned.

Palate widening (from posterior third engagement and tongue pushing in all directions) is a desired outcome for practically all however. I say thus because with this, even some short faced people can experience slight lengthening. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2019 2:03 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

@silberman To be honest, I did not follow up with my plan.

Mewing has taken a secondary role in my life, I wanted to obtain more attractive traits, but I realized I'm better working on my inner / emotional state, cause it will bring the biggest results for me. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2019 9:47 am
Yusu
 Yusu

So, will having teeth in contact will give you a "longer" face? Will your eyes move more upwards?

That is undesirable for facial attractivness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2019 11:40 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @yusu

So, will having teeth in contact will give you a "longer" face? Will your eyes move more upwards?

That is undesirable for facial attractivness.

Nothing will happen from teeth in contact except constant reinforcement of a malocclusion that may be present. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2019 12:17 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register