Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Guy installs MSE on himself  

RSS
Kilroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGu7wgLDhjE

So this guy apparently install MSE on himself, it looks legit and he has an engineering video on his channel and I guess it would be that type of person who would try something like installing MSE on themselves.

Does he have some serious b***s?

Doesn't he have a brain?

Is this the future for people on forums like this who at the same time are serious risk takers?

Posted : 24/08/2020 11:43 am
Elwynn
Estimable Member

I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting to hear that type of music on a video about a maxillary skeletal expander, haha.

Anyway, there will always be a small percentage of high-risk takers in a society, who are willing to experiment on themselves. You see equally-dangerous stunts pulled in bodybuilding communities, for example. But, they're obviously the exception, not the rule.

While we here entertain many out-of-the-box ideas, and some of us may attempt certain non-invasive modes of treatment on our own - such as removable expanders, for instance - I doubt that any, except for a small handful, would accept the high risk of self-treatment with an invasive method like the MSE. Those who would take such a risk are, in my opinion, either (1) very desperate (a symptom that may be rooted in a pathological insecurity over their appearance, which, by the way, I have unfortunately observed in a few users on here and on the subreddit), or (2) are dangerously confident in themselves. So, to answer your question: no, I don't think that this is the future for the vast majority of mewers, though it might be for a very small minority (which I don't endorse).

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 4:38 pm
UwU and Loliboly liked
Kilroy

@elwynn Well I said for people on forums like this who at the same time are serious risk takers, in other words not the vast majority of mewers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 1:28 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Let us just hope it is not. Watching the video actually made me physically ill... Who knows what damage he'll might end up doing to himself?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 4:43 am
Mewem143 liked
guerrilla

Guy must've been really desperate to try something like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 12:59 pm
Mewem143 liked
Azrael
Estimable Member

I didn't even click the link to the vid but this is just incredibly risky to even think about. I don't think even a qualified orthodontist would ever do it on themselves without supervision.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 3:16 pm
AlphaMinus
Estimable Member

I saw this guy on the Looksmax forum, his user name is "[Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]." 

https://looksmax.me/threads/the-complete-guide-to-self-installing-mse.198976/

These forums are a hot mess of toxic bullying, bro science and delusion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2020 12:01 pm
Mr_Man

I'd be curious what the risk of infection would be by doing such a self-install

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2020 8:45 pm
Liam1511

Is he still alive ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2020 4:02 am
Liam1511

Is he still alive ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2020 4:03 am
Fluffycutecat
Eminent Member

What are everyone’s thoughts on his face mask?

My concerns are that it’s not pressing on the roof of the mouth, but pushing behind the front teeth, so it won’t move the maxilla but just shift the front teeth forward?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2020 1:29 am