fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

gummy smile - causes & how to correct

bluraccoon

Title self-explanatory. Sorry if similar threads already exist. I am curious to learn more about this subject, quite a few things I've read (and seen) seems contradictory.

Topic starter Posted : 11/12/2020 2:30 pm
Meowxilla
Trusted Member

Cause, vertical growth of maxilla or deep / overbite.

How to correct? Make maxilla shorter or rotate it in CCW direciton.

Aka mew. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2020 9:12 pm
cliffbars
Eminent Member

@meowxilla How would you describe Rafa Nadal's gummy smile? I've seen many people with good forward growth that still have gummy smiles

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2020 9:45 pm
Meowxilla
Trusted Member

@cliffbars

He isn't foward grown as it seems. His nose is just so short so that's gives ilussion of foward growth. He has vertical elongationin my opinion.

I don't doubt gummy smiles are alawys caused by lack of foward growth. I think i am not correct that by moving maxilla up or shortening it, theeth will come up into correct position and removing gummy smile. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2020 9:55 pm