fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Gap between upper incisors

andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts

Hello, I started mewing 5 months ago and yesterday i noticed a gap between incisors. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? What is the cause? Thanks

Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2018 1:17 am
Couda
(@couda)
50+ Forum Posts

Thats because your palate is expanding. Do you mew hard?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2018 1:15 pm
andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts

No, just a little pressure. But i noticed in the 3th and 4TH month that i wake up with the tongue in position, is it possible mewing during sleep?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2018 1:41 pm
Couda
(@couda)
50+ Forum Posts

When you can do it during sleep, thats means the expansion you did during day wont collapse back. When did you start notice the gap? 4th month?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2018 1:50 pm
andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts

Yes, 4th

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2018 1:53 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

It sounds like your palate is expanding. You probably shifted your teeth to the limit of the alveolar ridge in the first 4 month and now expanding the palate at the suture to accommodate the tongue more. How old are you and by any chance do you know your inter-molar width when you started?

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2018 2:32 pm
andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts

I'm 29, i don't know the intermolar widht before mewing, can i measure it from an old OPT (1 year ago)?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2018 2:37 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

What is OPT?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2018 2:54 pm
andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts

panoramic radiograph

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2018 3:09 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

ok, I guess this is what you are referring to:

No, as far as I know it's not possible to use those for that purpose. How were your teeth before you started mewing, did you suffer from crowding, did you have orthodontics and extraction?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2018 3:20 pm
andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts
  • I had damon braces from 12 to 16

1 upper wisdom tooth pulled 2 years ago

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2018 3:29 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

Sounds like you had a decent arch, possibly in the 37-39mm range and managed to expand it further.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2018 3:59 pm
andread24
(@andread24)
10+ Forum Posts

What kind of changes can i get if i keep mewing and expanding the palate?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/05/2018 10:16 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

Do these gaps close ever?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2018 11:25 pm
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

Yes, but it can just come back again later with continued mewing. Mine have opened and closed several times over the years. These days my gap is almost 1mm wide.

eta: my gap is between my two front teeth.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2018 1:27 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Greensmoothies

Yes, but it can just come back again later with continued mewing. Mine have opened and closed several times over the years. These days my gap is almost 1mm wide.

Do you adjust your tongue posture when this gap opens? Like pulling it back a bit to move the expansion to the rear palate? Or do they just close by themselves without you doing anything?

I am afraid of developing this myself especially since I had braces and don't want to lose my smile with great teeth. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2018 1:47 am
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Greensmoothies

Do you adjust your tongue posture when this gap opens? Like pulling it back a bit to move the expansion to the rear palate? Or do they just close by themselves without you doing anything?

I am afraid of developing this myself especially since I had braces and don't want to lose my smile with great teeth. 

I have to adjust my tongue posture periodically just because my progress necessitates this, not sure if needed adjustment corresponds to the diastema. I think it just eventually closes by itself without any special changes.

I haven't gotten a gap larger than 1mm ever, then again I'm 35 so my progress isn't going to be like a teenager's or early 20s. But my diastema looks a little less than jamo's.

I don't think anyone notices my gap, imo it's pretty small. I feel pretty confident it'll eventually re-close as I've seen this happen to myself a few times over the years. Getting 6mm widening seems really impressive without a diastema, if you haven't gotten one yet you might not ever get one.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2018 2:11 am

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!