Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Forward maxilla but recessed chin  

RSS
Phil343443
(@phil343443)

I was always unhappy with the shape of my chin, which is small and recessed, although my maxilla is very forward. Does anybody know how to fix this issue because my case would contradict Mike Mews claim that the chin swings up, as the maxilla moves forward. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 7:35 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Phil343443

I was always unhappy with the shape of my chin, which is small and recessed, although my maxilla is very forward. Does anybody know how to fix this issue because my case would contradict Mike Mews claim that the chin swings up, as the maxilla moves forward. 

What is your Mew indicator line score? If it's more than 40mm as an adult your maxilla may not be as "forward" as you think.

But I will say this. A small mandible and/or weak chin NEEDS a forward maxilla in order to project. Think about it this way. If your maxilla becomes more recessed, your mandible has to hide more and more in your face which makes your chin even weaker. Certainly making your maxilla less forward won't solve anything. Maybe give you an underbite?

This post was modified 2 months  ago by EddieMoney
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 7:56 am Phil343443 liked
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

Thread I made about the Mew indicator line:

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/how-recessed-are-you-how-to-track-progress-inside/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 8:03 am Phil343443 liked
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register