Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Fluidity of Rotation Speed  

RSS
Achilles1
Trusted Member

So, I was looking at old pictures of myself from before my sports accident, trying to pinpoint when my face really headed south. Between 2013-2015 I had excellent facial form. Great cheekbones, cheek hollows, great maxillary projection... I knew not what I had. I estimate that I lost somewhere around 8 mm of forward growth in a matter of 2-4 years. 

For me, this becomes vital information in figuring out the rate at which we can grow. If gravity in and of itself can cause approximately 2-4 mm of bad growth per year, why couldn't we grow the same amount in the positive direction? Is this the upper limit in which the body is capable of rotating?

I believe in a strong correlation between tongue strength and the rate of lateral/sagittal expansion. When observing the growth of muscles such as the biceps or lats, great strides may be achieved in only a 90-day period. My first 3 months of mewing was strictly focused on "shocking the muscle" through rigorous conditioning. This is how we can gain the best change. Why else would "hard mewing" work the quickest? Because you are essentially subjecting yourself to tongue bootcamp. 

I can easily say that I have gained 2 mm of sagittal growth in 6 months alone! Now I absolutely cringe at my photos from last year haha.

What do you all think about this?

Posted : 25/10/2018 11:39 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Looking at pics of self it is evident to see upswing of my face when I align the ears. I take pics smiling sideways and then from this it seems even with improper mewing I moved a few mm upward and my teeth look closer to my nose. 

I imagine when I master proper mewing I will make progress even faster. For me I started engaging the posterior third, then focused on the alveolar ridge, and finally focusing on all of the palate as my tongue becomes stronger and can spread itself out further across my palate and apply pressure all over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 3:05 pm
Achilles1 liked
Odys
 Odys
Trusted Member

I was not looking so I did not notice, but I imagine that, as with any muscle doing a lot of work, my tongue has got bigger as it has got stronger and found a larger space to occupy. I thought that this might why my goals of the tongue seemed to be just as far away at times when I felt sure I had made good progress. Has anyone watched more carefully and witnessed growth in their tongue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 4:22 pm
Halti.H
Posted by: Achilles1

So, I was looking at old pictures of myself from before my sports accident, trying to pinpoint when my face really headed south. Between 2013-2015 I had excellent facial form. Great cheekbones, cheek hollows, great maxillary projection... I knew not what I had. I estimate that I lost somewhere around 8 mm of forward growth in a matter of 2-4 years. 

For me, this becomes vital information in figuring out the rate at which we can grow. If gravity in and of itself can cause approximately 2-4 mm of bad growth per year, why couldn't we grow the same amount in the positive direction? Is this the upper limit in which the body is capable of rotating?

I believe in a strong correlation between tongue strength and the rate of lateral/sagittal expansion. When observing the growth of muscles such as the biceps or lats, great strides may be achieved in only a 90-day period. My first 3 months of mewing was strictly focused on "shocking the muscle" through rigorous conditioning. This is how we can gain the best change. Why else would "hard mewing" work the quickest? Because you are essentially subjecting yourself to tongue bootcamp. 

I can easily say that I have gained 2 mm of sagittal growth in 6 months alone! Now I absolutely cringe at my photos from last year haha.

How old were you when you got the injury and your face started heading south? In my case I had a very similar expirience. My face started recessing after I got joint pain in my knees which later spread into almost all joints. I didn't move much at all, I spent most of my time sitting on a computer and I developed forward head posture. I was about 14 when this curse started and it's crazy how much uglier I got. I'm 18 now. 

I'm glad that you're getting good results, could you share your technique? I assume you hard mew?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 11:34 am
Ayla31
Trusted Member

I had also a bad experience  (bad teeth and chronic facial pain/numbness among other things) that made me lose all progress with mewing and get even worse than before that. It has been aprox. two and a half  years now and I'm still trying to relearn everything.

Its good to see there is potential to get better again and Im glad you are seeing results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 12:33 pm
Achilles1 liked
Achilles1
Trusted Member
Posted by: Halti.H
Posted by: Achilles1

How old were you when you got the injury and your face started heading south? In my case I had a very similar expirience. My face started recessing after I got joint pain in my knees which later spread into almost all joints. I didn't move much at all, I spent most of my time sitting on a computer and I developed forward head posture. I was about 14 when this curse started and it's crazy how much uglier I got. I'm 18 now. 

I'm glad that you're getting good results, could you share your technique? I assume you hard mew?

I was 19 when it happened, but it didn't really start affecting me facially until 22-ish. Really, I just mew really really hard all day long. It's funny because I distinctly remember this "hard mewing" sensation from when I was a teenager. I have memories of pulsating my tongue hard on my palate when I would get nervous or stressed out (which was a lot because I was very shy lol).

Just based on how much recession I got in less than 4 years, it is extremely evident that gross changes can occur (for the positive or negative) well into adulthood. 

After 7 months of hard mewing, I feel strong amounts of pressure in my brow ridge/eye area, more so than my nose, for approximately 25% of my day. And as I round the bend of the exponential growth curve, this percentage increases every day. This feels almost like a "pleasant headache". My theory is that I've been forcing pressure for so long, I keep the maxillary sutures around my eyes open for the majority of the time. When I can't get the sensation going, I give about 10 SUPER hard Mew push swallows, and then I can feel the warm vibrations in my skull. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 1:43 pm
Halti.H and Ayla31 liked
Halti.H

Sounds great! And yeah if you can lose your optimal facial bone structure as an adult I don't see why the opposite couldn't happen as well. You just have to have faith and give 100% effort. Personally I don't really get big sensations when I hard mew apart from some pressure on the cheekbones. I still find it hard to hars mew for longer periods though and have only been mewing really hard for a couple of weeks now so maybe that will change.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 4:25 pm