Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Fixing posture while weight lifting or fixing posture first.  

RSS
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Over the past year and half I have developed some seriously bad posture. Rolled shoulders, forward head, compressed neck and weak front neck muscles. This also resulted in CFD, maxilla dropped, smaller lips, retruded jaw, face melt, and brow bone decreased. All of which was not the case before my posture deteriorated. Quite remarkable how quick it happened. February 2018 I was looking good. Then went downhill after that due bad sleeping habits and lack of physical activity. 

Been mewing religiously over the past 2 months, chin tucks, wall angels, proper swallow and tongue strenghtening exercises. Had a frenectomy and my tongue is always on the palate now, even during sleep. 

I was wondering if any of you have seen results from weight lifting to correct posture? specific exercises and specific muscles to concentrate on. Not sure if correcting posture first before introducing weight lifting is a good or bad idea. 32 years old. Class 2. Wisdom teeth extracted, no ortho. Thanks

Posted : 01/12/2019 4:21 pm
printfactory
Eminent Member

Strengthening your muscles will help you adopt better posture. Check the athlean-x videos on youtube for posture excercises. This video might help you to start out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7ZWPCWv0U

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 4:26 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@printfactory

Thank you. I will look into this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 4:38 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

@robbie343 Do you have any similar photos of your previous facial form for comparison? I would be very interested, since your change happened so quickly.

As for your question: it would be wise to begin with light body weight exercises before moving on to heavier lifts, especially if you have scoliosis or other kind of postural asymmetries. Otherwise you may end up enforcing the existing imbalances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 4:51 pm