fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Fixing My Overbite

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
God
 God
(@god)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Context: I have an overbite where it pretty much covers 95% of my lower incisors. I want to know whether there is a way to naturally fix it overtime. I am 14 years old, and I am not doing orthodontic treatment. 

Posted : 27/02/2022 6:07 am
Help
 Help
(@sheeesh)
Eminent Member

One of the causes of an overbite is resting your tongue between your back teeth preventing them from fully erupting, and so when you close your mouth fully your front teeth overlap too much. If this is the case perhaps work on improving your tongue posture.

Posted : 27/03/2022 12:31 pm
God
 God
(@god)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@sheeesh my left premolar is actually shorter than the other one for some reason. How can I some how make it grow

Posted : 28/03/2022 12:00 am
Help
 Help
(@sheeesh)
Eminent Member

You may be resting more of your tongue between your left premolars than your right preventing the left premolars from erupting but allowing the right premolars to erupt more. Ideally your teeth should erupt until they touch another tooth ensuring that all teeth meet together, if you rest your tongue between your teeth you may be preventing your teeth from erupting fully. Don’t rest your tongue between your teeth and they should erupt. Work on improving your tongue posture.

A cw rotated maxilla might contribute to your overbite, the most you can do with that is work on improving your tongue posture. The most you can do is adopt proper oral habits. Don’t hard mew, don’t forget body posture, breathe through your nose, chew your food well, keep your lips sealed and your teeth touching or almost touching. 

The most you can do by yourself is adopt proper oral habits, work on keeping your tongue not resting between your teeth.

Posted : 28/03/2022 1:32 pm
God
 God
(@god)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@sheeesh my premolars already had erupted before I started mewing

Posted : 29/03/2022 3:10 am
God
 God
(@god)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@sheeesh wdym by not keeping tongue posture against teeth. So you are telling me not to mew?

Posted : 29/03/2022 4:06 am
Help
 Help
(@sheeesh)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @god

@sheeesh my premolars already had erupted before I started mewing

The teeth should continue to erupt further if unimpeded until it reaches the other tooth. This is why teeth lacking an opposing tooth often result in overeruption. If you are keeping your tongue between your molars and premolars you may be impeding those teeth from erupting fully so that when you bite down fully your properly erupted front teeth will overlap more than they should.

@sheeesh wdym by not keeping tongue posture against teeth. So you are telling me not to mew?

No, you are misunderstanding what I am saying. Your tongue may be resting between the occlusal surfaces of your top and bottom teeth which may be the cause of your problem, that is not mewing.

Posted : 29/03/2022 11:18 am
God
 God
(@god)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@sheeesh Bro I have been mewing for over a year.

Posted : 29/03/2022 7:01 pm
Help
 Help
(@sheeesh)
Eminent Member

@sheeesh Bro I have been mewing for over a year.

Well it seems you may be mewing incorrectly and are keeping your tongue between the occlusal surfaces of your top and bottom teeth, or you have not made mewing a subconscious habit meaning that you do not posses correct tongue posture all of the time. Your problem is likely caused by your tongue impeding the full eruption of your teeth or a cw rotated maxilla.

This may seem like a bit of cop out answer “your doing it wrong”, but considering that your teeth are different sizes greatly implies this and that there is still an ongoing problem of your tongue being positioned incorrectly.

Posted : 30/03/2022 8:52 am

THE GREAT WORK