Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Fast results in adults?  

RSS
Kate.s

Hey everyone,

so recently I came across some russian's women instagram page. Basically she sells a course where she teaches proper body and tongue posture, swallowing etc. and posts before and after photos. I think results are great and they are achieved in really short time frame (few months) according to her. Anyway you can take a look at her profile @annaakhmetshina77  and share your opinion. I actually think it's a scam maybe? I think i saw one girl's results somewhere before but she had surgery. Now when i try to search google by image i can't find anything. I'm hoping to get some constructive comments from more knowledgeable people as i don't know that much 🙂

*english is not my first language so i'm sorry for any mistakes 

Posted : 19/02/2021 3:11 pm
CrimsonChin
Eminent Member

Interesting find - I do think that if the course is just "do this" then it'd be crap because there are quite a few different reasons as to why somebody can't get in the correct posture, not to mention we've all read plenty of "this is how we do it" (no Montell Jordan) and that doesn't really help because just reading text doesn't fully communicate what you're supposed to do, never mind translating it into an automated posture. If it is fake, it'd be interesting to know how she got the photos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 3:33 pm
TheBeastPanda
Trusted Member

Is she the one that talks abt intra-oral facepulling techniques?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 3:58 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

It looks like this instagram is associated with the tooth-for-a-tooth.com blog. I think I might have seen some of the same case images there, many of which are just curated testimonials from around the internet, including this forum. Some of the posts on that site are interesting and she seems knowledgeable and good at integrating different disciplines. In addition to oral posture, she discusses ALF, starecta, and osteopathy topics. It's worth checking out, but I don't think there's any really groundbreaking information. I remember reading references to a course but didn't look into it, since I can't imagine she knows a secret technique. If you're just looking to train good oral posture, a myofunctional therapist probably would be more helpful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 4:02 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

Although, I just checked, and the author of that blog says her name is Lilia and the instragram account is for someone named Anna Akhmetshina. So it looks like she was just promoting the blog but it isn't the same person. 

edit: another post calls Lilia her partner and says she is responsible for the English language course.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 4:19 pm
androvas
Posted by: @kate-s

Hey everyone,

so recently I came across some russian's women instagram page. Basically she sells a course where she teaches proper body and tongue posture, swallowing etc. and posts before and after photos. I think results are great and they are achieved in really short time frame (few months) according to her. Anyway you can take a look at her profile @annaakhmetshina77  and share your opinion. I actually think it's a scam maybe? I think i saw one girl's results somewhere before but she had surgery. Now when i try to search google by image i can't find anything. I'm hoping to get some constructive comments from more knowledgeable people as i don't know that much 🙂

*english is not my first language so i'm sorry for any mistakes 

I am russian and I am 100% sure this is scam. I learned about tongue posture etc way before this information even reached runet. And all information in russian is just mistranslated and misunderstood copy of information from internet.

You can find all information for free, altough it can be pretty hard to find something really useful

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2021 5:01 pm
androvas

And also zub-za-zub.ru (tooth-for-a-tooth.com) often provides not completely correct information, which can give false expectations

May be it is changed at this moment, but i have not read this blog for a long time already

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2021 5:10 pm
Kate.s

@thebeastpanda

Yes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2021 2:25 pm
Kate.s

@crimsonchin course is in form of videos, so it's like guided exercises

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2021 2:26 pm
Kate.s

@apollo yeah, anna promotes it, she doesn't have medical/dental background, and i think lilia is orthodontist. What do you think of this results? https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPP73SnmVO/?igshid=j6m58t03arry

It looks like he had lefort surgery, i mean if he didn't i don't know how is that even possible? He is 67, he didn't use any appliances and this change is acheved in short time. Sounds too good to be true

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2021 2:49 pm
Kate.s

@androvas thank you for your input. But how did she get those before and after photos? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2021 2:52 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kate-s

@apollo yeah, anna promotes it, she doesn't have medical/dental background, and i think lilia is orthodontist. What do you think of this results? https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPP73SnmVO/?igshid=j6m58t03arry

It looks like he had lefort surgery, i mean if he didn't i don't know how is that even possible? He is 67, he didn't use any appliances and this change is acheved in short time. Sounds too good to be true

The orientation of the camera in relation to his head could account for a lot of the differences in the before and after images of that case. At least it's hard to make a 1:1 comparison with the obvious "angle frauding." That being said, I would be curious to hear what you think of the course if you decide to purchase it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2021 4:10 pm
androvas

@kate-s

Well, may be it is kind of rude to say it is 100% scam, and I don't really want to straightly blame by pointing a finger, but I am really don't believe in this kind of "products"

About pictures — there is really nothing that can't be explained with diferrent camera angle, head tilt, or focal length

By myself I can easily fraud pics from Scott Pilgrim to almost normal developed person in literally 5 seconds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2021 3:58 pm
androvas

@kate-s

More so, I think any pictures are very unsolid progress evidence by itself. Literally 95% of pictures of results looks like conscious or unconscious fraud. And among the rest 5% there are a lot of controversial reports. Remember about Salludon/helmutstrebl, whose results are still questioned, if it was honest mewing or surgery/fillers/etc

Because I am too much recessed to mew, I am now into thumbpulling and since I have an orthodontic treatment, I have "Before" CT scans of my skull

If I'll have any noticeable changes I'll prove it with this scans, and as I think, at this moment it is one of most reliable evidence one can provide

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2021 4:10 pm