Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Facial Growth and Dental Alignment With MRC Appliances?  

RSS
verious.smith

--------------

;TLDR QUESTION : Has anyone in this group used these types of appliances for teeth straightening and seen results?

I've added pictures to the post.

--------------

Hello everyone, I've searched and found this group because it best aligns with what I am attempting to do with my looks. In my search to control and get a better face, I found Dr. Mike Mew (Orthotropics). If you see my profile picture you will see that I do not have straight teeth. I had braces when I was younger but I never got those completed and as a result have suffered with the malady of crooked teeth (a death sentence to my dating life).

When I discovered Dr. Mew about a year back I began to get to work on having proper tongue posture to fix my crooked teeth and considered getting clear aligners because in my mind, I think that the amount of work I will need to correct my teeth is gonna be really difficult and take too long. I wen and got sized for "Smile Direct Club" (an invisible aligner company) but they rejected me because of the spacers from my previous braces on my back teeth. I was a bit deflated after that rejection but a month or two later I was back online and in the forums searching because I ust believed that there had to be a way for me to speed up the process of my teeth being straightened by braces.

While searching this time around I came upon a chance comment in the Mike Mew Orthotropics forum that mentioned something called Myobrace. Myobrace is a removable appliance that would allow you to straighten your teeth without braces! And the great thing about Myobrace is that this appliance would not only move your teeth like braces & invisible aligners do but would go a step further and help you practice correct oral posture so you wont relapse after your teeth eventually become straight.

I did a bit more research and found out that Dr Mike Mew has mentioned these things in several of his talks on youtube but he calls them MRC Appliances.

At any rate, the original creators of this have a brand name called Myobrace but I found a version of the MRC appliances on Ebay, Alibaba & Ali Express.

I ordered the knockoffs of appliance for a few dollars (Literally about $30 - $40 Total - Cant remember) & now I'm waiting for them to arrive. If the knockoffs do not work I will consider getting the brand name but I do not see any reason why the knockoffs won't work because they are using the same principles.

MY QUESTION: has anyone in this group used these types of appliances for teeth straightening and seen results?

I've added pictures to the post.

Posted : 04/12/2018 2:20 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
verious.smith
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: verious.smith

Wow Apollo, thank you for the wealth of links & resources.  I am excited to start my journey because I have always wanted straight teeth.  I know it will be work but I am definitely ready to engage in this battle!

What is your current intermolar width? I ordered the large myobrace A2 and still thought it was a little small for me. I think ideally you want the activator to be a couple millimeters wider than your current arch. If you can fit the generic brand's standard size, I suspect you will at least get some straightening of your alignment. Keep us posted!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2018 3:51 pm
verious.smith
Posted by: Apollo

Wow Apollo, thank you for the wealth of links & resources.  I am excited to start my journey because I have always wanted straight teeth.  I know it will be work but I am definitely ready to engage in this battle!

What is your current intermolar width? I ordered the large myobrace A2 and still thought it was a little small for me. I think ideally you want the activator to be a couple millimeters wider than your current arch. If you can fit the generic brand's standard size, I suspect you will at least get some straightening of your alignment. Keep us posted!

So It took me a while to get back to this but I Just did a self measurement with the digital calipers that I own and it came out to 43mm roughly.   I was shocked because I did not know my intermolars were this wide.  I however remembered that In my younger days I had some orthodontic treatment and they used spacers on my palate to expand my palate.   

The great thing that I am thankful about is that I never got my braces completed because they were going to remove teeth and  i think if the orthodontist had the opportunity to remove teeth I would have more teeth difficulty than I have now.

I am hoping that my palate is not too  wide for the MRC appliances.  What was your beginning Intermolar width?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 2:08 am
Ana147

Hi i have ordered a knockoff version of the myobrace too though i have not tried it yet. Please let me know if this method works for you and how long it takes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 7:59 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

So It took me a while to get back to this but I Just did a self measurement with the digital calipers that I own and it came out to 43mm roughly.   I was shocked because I did not know my intermolars were this wide.  I however remembered that In my younger days I had some orthodontic treatment and they used spacers on my palate to expand my palate.   

The great thing that I am thankful about is that I never got my braces completed because they were going to remove teeth and  i think if the orthodontist had the opportunity to remove teeth I would have more teeth difficulty than I have now.

I am hoping that my palate is not too  wide for the MRC appliances.  What was your beginning Intermolar width?

At 43mm, the large adult myobrace could be slightly too narrow for you. My current intermolar width is just under 40mm. The large A2 an A3 I have used fit my upper arch alright but are a little small on my wider lower arch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 8:59 pm
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register