Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Facepulling using thumbs. Experience? Advice? Theory?  

RSS
SupremePirate69
(@supremepirate69)

hi, I’ve been reading about facial expansion/facepulling by using your thumbs to push the palate upwards and forwards. This is done by placing one or both thumbs on the palate, and pushing upwards while head is held forward and elbows on a table. Anyone have experience with this? Are there dangers? Does it work?

thanks!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 8:25 pm
Topic Tags
Keengo
(@keengo)
Trusted Member

Seems a waste of strain/effort when the tongue is the primary tool to use for expanding the palate and directing the face more forward. I tried it and it seemed pointless. If you want something a step up from just normal mewing, try face pulling gently with some object attached to your teeth.

I have a detailed guide (it's in my signature) on a fairly good, long-term face pulling measure involving a plastic bag and pulling from your teeth that's not really dangerous (I've been doing it somewhere like 6 months so far and zero problems). It helped with cheekbone/ogee curve and improved the "melted" look I had really bad somewhat, along with mewing/chewing. Still not ideal, but a step ahead at least.

You can spread the tongue across the palate while doing this pulling method and combine lateral/anterior force. It's an arduous process though since it's 6 months I'm talking here, but done hours nearly every single day with no breaks and proper teeth anchoring with the bag/force/steady tension intervals/etc.

I also can't guarantee it'll work the same on anyone else either.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 9:19 pm SupremePirate69 liked
SupremePirate69
(@supremepirate69)

I think the whole idea of this is that your using your thumbs to put extra force on the palate, force which cannot be generated by tongue alone. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 9:23 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register