fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Face Pulling

Matt
 Matt
Eminent Member

I have seen the method mentioned quite a lot on other forums. I am intrigued to know how it works and whether anyone else on here has tried it? 

Thanks 

Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2018 10:04 am
PaperBag
Estimable Member

This thread might be the only active one, it has a few users trying facepulling with their thumbs:
Face pulling

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2018 6:34 pm
Matt liked
Keengo
Trusted Member

Hard to say much after just a few months, but I believe I've been seeing changes. The ogee curve as a result of proper swallowing on my face is better (Google it if unaware). My cheekbones don't seem as flat and my face looks less melted from downward jaw growth. I also think my ramus got lower/longer, but very, very, very slightly only. I guess 3 months is just not enough to see any big changes -- if any significantly will ever occur.

I do it with a grocery bag. I flatten it out and roll it a bit/crinkle it up. I then find the middle of it and bite there and pull outwards with both sides. Eventually it stays in the ideal position because your spit when it dries and the tension from the pulling. I'll put some pictures here to give ideas I guess:

Imgur

You see it's just something you bite on and keep it in place under your teeth and then just pull, as is "face pulling" literally. I do it with light to moderate force; sometimes hard too. If you pull too much and too fast from the front teeth as the anchor, they will possibly tip quickly -- so you should do it light and get used to it. Also you can use the back teeth/molars as well or just any part you want. I try and change it up, but I've been doing it a while so it's hard to get in the zone when doing it and takes a while. I don't know of anyone else, but I feel a tingle/sensation in the area between the maxilla and zygos after doing it correctly and steadily for a while. I don't know what the hell this means, but since this is experimental, I'm sure only someone with smarts in this department of bone biology/etc. could elaborate more. Maybe ossification/bone remodeling in small steps?

You have to try and balance pulling with biting and kind of match them -- also the force needs to be steady and continuous -- not just a quick yank or tug. I got the hang of it after a few days. The debate is over the angle, so I just pull forward and a little up -- like 60-120 degrees max.

EDIT: For time/duration, try in the beginning for 30 minutes to an hour. After getting the "feel" for it, do it steadily and/or mix tension for several hours every single day, in conjunction with mewing of course. You can break it up in to segments and/or do it all at once -- probably makes little to no difference. You can mew/"powermew" (using high force) while pulling so it could benefit it possibly.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **
** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2018 1:33 pm
Matt liked
voltaire

What's your duration and intensity like? Most of the people I'm in contact with do fairly high intensity, pulling with the maximum force that can be maintained for 45s-1 minute. That is considered a set. We aim for 10-20 sets per day. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2018 6:40 pm
Viper

Hey any progress updates?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 7:04 pm
Fiver

bump
I would also be interested in updates.

Btw. has someone measured their thump-strength? (with a small scale or something like that)
And how much force is approximately needed to open the sutures? 

I've experimented a bit with belt-pulling (actually not with a belt but with a towel), of course extremely careful, because I dont break my neck. So far primarily for strength building in the neck and the strap muscles (I chin-tuck during the exercise). I noticed some sensations around the sutures on the sides of my nose, where the maxilla meets the nasal bone, but only if I surpass a certain threshold of force, which I'm not yet comfortable in doing regularly.
Has thump-pulling resulted in similar sensations?

edit: I believe i mixed up the general face-pulling-thread and the thump-pulling-thread, but nevermind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2019 12:49 pm
deama

@keengo

Any update on your face pulling method? How has it gone so far? Any major changes?

I myself tried thumb pulling for a month, I did about 4-5 minutes every hour every day, but didn't notice any changes sadly, so my guess is that I need something that's much longer, but just after 3 minutes my thumb(s) would get sore.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/12/2020 11:54 pm
Meowxilla
Trusted Member

@deama

How old are you?

Have you used any supplements for boneremodeling?

Are you hardmewing besides thumbpulling?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2020 8:37 pm
deama

@meowxilla

I have no idea what you mean by supplements for bone-remodeling, you mean like not eating calcium so the bones become weak?

I was hardmewing and thumb pulling at the same time for about 1 month, this was about 6 months ago.

To correct my earlier statement, I did notice that my palate became about 2-3mm wider, however this was in measurement only, I didn't see any appearance changes. And to further clarify, I have a lower jaw recess, I don't really wanna widen my palate as in terms of width, it's fine, I just want to upswing my jaw so it doesn't look recessed. Since my lower jaw looks recessed, I'm not entirely sure if my upper jaw is fine either, I have a small bump at the top of my nose which from looking at other people, seems to indicate a slight recession of the upper jaw (maxilla), but I'm not entirely sure as this is just a theory. 

To add to this, I've also tried thumb pulling my only pushing at the top of the palate, but I gave up after a week as I so no changes whatsoever and my thumbs hurt like hell all the time, they seemed to get even more tired by me trying to push the palate to the top compared to pushing at the sides.

I wanna try and get into face pulling, maybe try that belt face pulling someone was talking about here. From my experience though, doing quick bursts isn't enough, I guess, for me at least, you need longterm constant stimulation, so I was wondering if Keengo's method would work for me, but doing it for a few hours a day sounds very tiring, not sure I'd be able to keep it up?

I went onto the facepulling.com website and emailed the guy to see if I can buy this facepulling contraption, but he hasn't replied.

Oh and I tried chewing mastic gum at least twice a day for about 30 minutes each time, this lasted about 2-3 months, recently gave up as it's a tad too expensive to maintain. Overall the result didn't change my bone shape, but it did make my lower face look more toned. I also used to chew regular gum for about a year, I chewed it after every meal for about 20 minutes. This didn't do as much as mastic gum, but helped a bit for toning the face, I've quit this as well as most of these gums had a lot of sweeteners in it and taking so much of those a day isn't good imo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2020 12:26 am