Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Face Pulling Tutorial  

RSS
arm4
 arm4

Hi all, 

I hope everyone is doing well. There is no question that mewing (normal and hard) has certainly made improvements to my face overtime. 

This, combined with smile symmetry exercises, has given me wonderful and drastic improvements within 3 months of starting (age: 22). I have, however, noticed that I need to start focusing a lot on the upswing of my Mandible to further reduce "melting face." 

My question is: Beside normal mewing, are there any exercises that can help focus specifically on upswinging the mandible? From reading other posts, I've heard that the two possible ways to do this are 1) Face Pulling and 2) Chin Tuck. Does anyone have validation on this? If so, can someone provide a picture or video demonstration of how to properly face pull with thumbs (or bag)? Although the written guides have been helpful, I want to ensure that facepulling with thumbs is done correctly so as to not cause any asymmetries or deformities (as it is a pretty advanced exercise, or so I've heard). 

Thanks. 

Posted : 29/03/2019 3:14 am
WishIKnewSooner

You have to go forum digging : breakthematrix, lookism, redpilltalk etc. to find the details, and some guy named Plato made his own website where he used a hockey mask and rubber bands.

I plan on doing a full regimen involving hard mewing, open mouth chewing with mastica, towel/belt facepulling thruout the day, hockey mask pulling at night and occasional thumb pulling.

We’re on a similar journey so keep in touch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2019 3:30 am
krollic liked
arm4
 arm4

Hi WishIKnewSooner, 

Thanks for the information. I will comb through those sources and see if I can find any good new information to post here. I do believe users @Allixa, @Keengo, @Greensmothies, and @Krollic might also have good information on this topic. 

It's my hope that maybe a knowledgable user can make a quick 20-30 second tutorial on YouTube for others to follow. 

Let's keep in touch. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2019 6:17 pm
Sceriff liked
WishIKnewSooner

The most important tidbits from what i read regarding towel/facepulling were 1) pull upward and forward at a 45 degree angle to promote aesthetic maxilla protrusion and 2) have a little excess belt/towel bunched up toward the palate so that when being pulled, the belt force acts sideways and helps expand the palate.

For mask face pulling make sure your retainer mechanism is stiff enough so that your front teeth don’t get pushed out. And pull from the molars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2019 4:36 pm
Sceriff liked
krollic
Reputable Member

how long are we meant to do it for. reps/sets etc?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2019 7:56 pm
arm4
 arm4

I was reading into a few of the posts by @Keengo, who I think started the grocery bag face pulling method. I tried this method out myself. I noticed immediately after doing 2-3 minutes per hour for about 8 hours of Day 1 that my upper jaw was a little more in front of my lower jaw (this is similar to monkey face). This is not a bad thing - as exactly described by a few other posts of users that have tried it, they too experienced a little bit of monkey face for a few days after doing the face pulling via thumbs or grocery bag. They said their faces returned to normal as the mandible "caught up" back to the maxilla. 

With that being said, I'm holding off on the grocery bag method until I can find a few posts talking about success of the facepulling method. Ideally, I want to start using my thumbs instead but my main goal is primarily to bring the face forward rather than increasing the width of my palate (it's already pretty wide). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2019 10:55 pm
dopafacker
Eminent Member
Posted by: @arm4

Hi all, 

I hope everyone is doing well. There is no question that mewing (normal and hard) has certainly made improvements to my face overtime. 

This, combined with smile symmetry exercises, has given me wonderful and drastic improvements within 3 months of starting (age: 22). I have, however, noticed that I need to start focusing a lot on the upswing of my Mandible to further reduce "melting face." 

My question is: Beside normal mewing, are there any exercises that can help focus specifically on upswinging the mandible? From reading other posts, I've heard that the two possible ways to do this are 1) Face Pulling and 2) Chin Tuck. Does anyone have validation on this? If so, can someone provide a picture or video demonstration of how to properly face pull with thumbs (or bag)? Although the written guides have been helpful, I want to ensure that facepulling with thumbs is done correctly so as to not cause any asymmetries or deformities (as it is a pretty advanced exercise, or so I've heard). 

Thanks. 

Can give teach me your smile symmetrical excersise? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 1:21 am
Robbie343
Trusted Member
Posted by: @dopafacker
Posted by: @arm4

Hi all, 

Thanks. 

Can give teach me your smile symmetrical excersise? 

I second this request

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2019 3:27 pm
Eyn
 Eyn

@wishiknewsooner

Can I see your results?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2019 8:55 am