Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Experience with DNA + FAGGA?  

RSS
leddituser123

I'm probably getting braces+jaw surgery but i want to consider my options. I've found a place in Germany that treats underdeveloped jaws with DNA + FAGGA.

But for me it's hard to commit to such new technology as there's hardly any testimonies online, or CT scans with results. Does anyone have experience with DNA and/or FAGGA?

Posted : 18/12/2018 3:54 pm
Phil343443

Whats the name of the orthodontist  ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2018 6:05 am
leddituser123
Posted by: Phil343443

Whats the name of the orthodontist  ? 

https://www.zahnarzt-aesthetik.de/en/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2018 8:28 am
Buggy
Eminent Member

I just consulted with a dentist in my area (San Jose, California) who recommended FAGGA for me.  Should said DNA would be second best, as it's bulkier which would be problematic for my small tongue space.  She seemed confident in FAGGA but I didnt have enough time to ask questions about evidence, case histories, risks.  At gut level, I don't trust her.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2018 5:44 pm
leddituser123
Posted by: Buggy

I just consulted with a dentist in my area (San Jose, California) who recommended FAGGA for me.  Should said DNA would be second best, as it's bulkier which would be problematic for my small tongue space.  She seemed confident in FAGGA but I didnt have enough time to ask questions about evidence, case histories, risks.  At gut level, I don't trust her.

From my research it seems that the FAGGA only pulls the maxilla forward but not upwards. Also i haven't found any X rays to prove that FAGGA moves bone and not the teeth. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2018 6:12 am
Buggy
Eminent Member
Posted by: leddituser123

From my research it seems that the FAGGA only pulls the maxilla forward but not upwards. Also i haven't found any X rays to prove that FAGGA moves bone and not the teeth. 

Aren't both of those things true of most or all appliances that are tooth-anchored rather than bone-anchored?  Saw in another thread some comments about appliances expanding the palate, which in turn gives the tongue space to work on 3D expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2018 4:03 pm